Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally got the cutscene glitch. It happened during the standard transition scene when Ryo falls asleep. The camera shifted outside the residence. Thankfully, it hasn’t happened in any story scenes. I just got the mirror, and this where people say the bugs get worse. I’ll keep an eye out

Master Kyodai was right after all. We have to be honest, the port is truly an embarrassment.

I don't know whether the responsibility lies with Sega, Deep Silver or D3T but seeing so many people being hesitant and eventually turning back because of all the bugs is really sad.

The game needed one more month of debugging at the very least.

Sorry if this was posted but in the Steam version in 1 when looking for sailors drinking the jet cola offered by the bartender the gulping sound keeps going on in the background.

Master Kyodai was right after all. We have to be honest, the port is truly an embarrassment.

I don't know whether the responsibility lies with Sega, Deep Silver or D3T but seeing so many people being hesitant and eventually turning back because of all the bugs is really sad.

The game needed one more month of debugging at the very least.
Sales and reviews would suggest otherwise. Not taking away from the issues that are clearly in the game though.

It's random as to how bad or good peoples experiences are. Shenmue 1 was on the whole fine with some minor gripes.

Shenmue 2 as a game runs fine just the music is so off it's like someone de-tuned all the instruments.

All from my experience of playing them since release

Last edited:
I don't know if I'd call Shenmue I's graphical issues a "minor gripe". I personally much prefer Shenmue without bloom, and yet Every. Single. Time. I check Ryo's notebook, bloom switches back on. It'll still say "Off" in the menu, but I have to select "Off" again to get rid of it.

Doing this 5 - 10 times per game day is a real ballache. Just like Hazuki X's "crushed blacks", it's a constant. I personally hope d3t put these two issues at the top of the list for Shenmue I because they're not random, unlike the cutscene bugs.

Crushed blacks thing is odd. I only really notice it in the harbor. Dobuita looks quite nice at night. Heard Shenmue 2 was worse

@Kyo_JP : So, do you like email those bugs to Sega on a daily basis, or do you do it weekly, or do should we all email them to Sega individually, using your template?

I don't know if I'd call Shenmue I's graphical issues a "minor gripe". I personally much prefer Shenmue without bloom, and yet Every. Single. Time. I check Ryo's notebook, bloom switches back on. It'll still say "Off" in the menu, but I have to select "Off" again to get rid of it.

Doing this 5 - 10 times per game day is a real ballache. Just like Hazuki X's "crushed blacks", it's a constant. I personally hope d3t put these two issues at the top of the list for Shenmue I because they're not random, unlike the cutscene bugs.
Tbf that would be annoying but I liked the bloom so kept it on so never had that issue.

That darker colours is an issue for sure but I didn't let it bother me. It seems everyone's experience is different

Anyway back on topic.

The game is now pretty unplayable. Every cutscene is bugged out (the screen is black or freezes on a single frame) with just voices and subs and the Chai mirror/elavator scene was just random flashes. The harbor area is way too dark even with the brightness on my TV cranked up to 100 making it very difficult to navigate during the day time and pretty much impossible at night. I either have to keep changing the settings every time I go back to another area or tolerate the picture looking washed out because of the overbrightness.

I’ve never requested a refund for a steam game, but I’m very tempted. To not do so almost seems like condoning this mess of a port as being somehow acceptable. I love this series, but I hate this port.

Title: I can’t seem to save/assign a favorite move to the left trigger.
Platform: PS4
Title Version: 1.01.
Reproduction rate: 10 out of 10 tries
Category: Settings/Controls
Priority: High?
Reproduction Steps:
1- Go to Settings > Switched run option to right trigger > Switched it back to the left trigger.
2- Rebooted the system > Rebooted the game.
Observed Result: Still can’t assign a favorite move to the left trigger.
Expected Result: Should be able to save/assign a favorite move to the left trigger.

Title: I can’t seem to save/assign a favorite move to the left trigger.

Title Version: 1.01.

Reproduction rate: 10 out of 10 tries

Category: Settings/Controls

Priority: High?

Reproduction Steps:

1- Go to Settings > Switched run option to right trigger > Switched it back to the left trigger.

2- Rebooted the system > Rebooted the game.

Observed Result: Still can’t assign a favorite move to the left trigger.

Expected Result: Should be able to save/assign a favorite move to the left trigger.
Have you tried doing so while free-training? Use LT to bring up the moves list and then x to select the move you want to assign. You won’t be able to use it in free training as pressing LT will just bring up the moves list. It should work in actual combat though.

Last edited:
Have you tried doing so while free-training? Use LT to bring up the moves list and then x to select the move you want to assign. You won’t be able to use it in free training though as you will just bring up the moves list when pressing LT will just bring up the moves list. It should work in actual combat though.

And while we're at it, here's another bug I can't find in the OP yet.

Title: Shenmue 1 Cannot Exit Space Harrier in Arcade when Playing past Curfew

Title Version: 1.01

Category: Functionality.

Priority: Medium

Reproduction: Go to You Arcade and play Space Harrier. Start your game before 11 PM in-game time.

Observed Result: When you play it past 11 PM, you will be returned to the Space Harrier title screen after you lost your last life. No buttons will work. Space Harrier will go into demo mode and you will have to use the PS button on your controller to force-exit Shenmue 1 & 2 from the PS 4 's system menu.

Expected Result: After you finish playing Space Harrier the game should put you back in control of Ryo again and Ryo would automatically go home because it's past 11 PM.

Title: Fuku -San's confession cutscene not playing

Platform:pS4

Title Version:1.01

Category: Cutscene

Priority: High

Reproduction Steps: When looking for the Phoenix Mirror, after you talk to Ine-San in the main house, go into the garden and walk towards the Dojo to trigger the cutscene in which Fuku-San confesses to Ryo that he told Ine-San about Ryo's plans of pursuing Lan Di.

Observed Result: Audio and subtitles play fine, however the camera locks on some point of the environment and stays there, making it impossible to view the cutscene.

Expected Result: Camera should display the cutscene correctly. See Dreamcast version for reference.

Title: Shenmue Juke Box Hang-On Arcade
Title Version: PS4 PRO
Category: Sound
Not fixed
Priority: Low
Reproduction Rate:
5/5
Observed Result: Sound is wrong.
Expected Result: Reproduction Steps: Go to arcade pick Hang-On at juke box. Listen.

I also show the training move animation bug using stab armor and this time when I slept it stayed using the leveled up animation. Until I reloaded my save towards the end of the clip. Not only that the christmas music wasn't playing on dobuita street except the tomato mart one untill I reloaded. Should play various different songs along the road. You can see at the 16min mark where I reload and it plays this time after I leave the arcade.

Last edited:
Title: Fuku -San's confession cutscene not playing

Platform:pS4

Title Version:1.01

Category: Cutscene

Priority: High

Reproduction Steps: When looking for the Phoenix Mirror, after you talk to Ine-San in the main house, go into the garden and walk towards the Dojo to trigger the cutscene in which Fuku-San confesses to Ryo that he told Ine-San about Ryo's plans of pursuing Lan Di.

Observed Result: Audio and subtitles play fine, however the camera locks on some point of the environment and stays there, making it impossible to view the cutscene.

Expected Result: Camera should display the cutscene correctly. See Dreamcast version for reference.

This exact thing keeps happening to me, but during a bunch of cutscenes. It was ok at first, but it keeps happening and it's super annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back