Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has someone else experimented this behaviour? I think there are people getting the Platinum Trophi for Shenmue 2, right? If the Platinum can be achieved not sure what is failing here
You can get the trophy as long as you don't go to the apartment to trigger the scene with Fang Mei.
Basically, after waking up on the barge, go directly to the Man Mo Temple and you get the trophy.
Stop by the apartment to say good by to Fangmei and you won't.

You can get the trophy as long as you don't go to the apartment to trigger the scene with Fang Mei.
Basically, after waking up on the barge, go directly to the Man Mo Temple and you get the trophy.

The thing here is, I don't have the Trophy description right in front of me, but the key thing here is if it is triggered following the description criteria

Well that's lame... I'll just have to remember to save it at this point and come back to it later...

I almost get the feeling that Sega released this bugged port intentionally to spite Yu Suzuki as they likely there won't be a patch any time soon.
Enough with the conspiracy theories. And this thread is for reporting bugs, not general discussion so keep it on topic.

PS022 Music and Audio (Fixed) (Disabling boost mode on PS4 Pro)
Why is this listed as fixed? Has there been definitive confirmation that disabling boost mode fixes all 'music and audio' issues on PS4?

Also, are all these reports people are posting here being forwarded to Sega by someone or should everyone also be sending these reports in directly themselves?

Title: Cannot redeem winning vending machine cans for tickets/prizes in Shenmue I
Platform: PS4
Title Version: 1.01
Reproduction rate: 5/5
Category: Gameplay
Priority: Medium

Reproduction Steps:

1) Receive a winning can from any vending machine in Shenmue I
2) Go to the Abe Store in Sakuragaoka or Tomato Convenience store in Dobuita
3) Attempt to redeem the can for a raffle ticket/prize by highlighting the red jar on the counter and selecting the winning can from your inventory

Observed Result: When pressing the X button to perform the redemption, nothing happens. The X and O buttons "blank out" when pressed.
Expected Result: Ryo turns in the winning can and receives the ticket/prize listed on the flyers in the convenience stores.

If I'm doing something wrong here, please reply with the steps needed to do perform this action correctly.

Title: Cannot redeem winning vending machine cans for tickets/prizes in Shenmue I

Reproduction Steps:

3) Attempt to redeem the can for a raffle ticket/prize by highlighting the red jar on the counter and selecting the winning can from your inventory

Observed Result: When pressing the X button to perform the redemption, nothing happens. The X and O buttons "blank out" when pressed.
Expected Result: Ryo turns in the winning can and receives the ticket/prize listed on the flyers in the convenience stores.

If I'm doing something wrong here, please reply with the steps needed to do perform this action correctly.
I didn't have this issue... make sure your character is in the right position when trying it.

Yep I'm done! I'm not touching these again until they are patched. Sega should be ashamed!

I don't want to get this off topic, but to be very fair to d3t, they've done a great job considering the size of the game, and its age. Most of the bugs are minor and not game-breaking, and I've played end-to-end without much issue. So, I think it's just a case of being thankful for what you have rather than having perfection - which is the game, which works, with minor issues. I'm thankful we have it and I think given the short time they had to do it, they did a very good job.

Some things weren't what we all expected, but learn to be happy for once. We have the game on PS4, Xbox and PC. That's enough.

Thanks to all who raised issues for this, I hope they all get raised & sorry for going off-topic. :)

Before I report this as a bug, can someone refresh my memory: in Shenmue 1 in Dobuita, is it normal for the ā€œbuy the man a Cokeā€ event to happen more than once? Iā€™ve had it twice now.

Reproduction Steps:

I will wait to add it due to @BlueMue and @Kodama feedback on this, if still not working let me know to add it

Title: Forced inverted controls in Space Harrier
Platform: PC
Title Version: 1.01 (issue introduced in this version)
Category: Mechanics
Priority: Critical for Space Harrier
Reproduction Rate: Always
Observed Result: Up and down controls for Space Harrier are forced to be inverted as standard. It is also not possible to switch between inverted and normal. Holding A, X and Y on the title screen does not show the "Up input is down" message and game doesn't register pressing start at that point either.

Expected Result: Normal controls should be made as standard, idealy with the old option to switch to inverted if desired.
Reproduction Steps: Just play Space Harrier
Pause the game and either press "A" on the controller or "R" on the keyboard
RXcbAOj.jpg

I don't want to get this off topic, but to be very fair to d3t, they've done a great job considering the size of the game, and its age. Most of the bugs are minor and not game-breaking, and I've played end-to-end without much issue. So, I think it's just a case of being thankful for what you have rather than having perfection - which is the game, which works, with minor issues. I'm thankful we have it and I think given the short time they had to do it, they did a very good job.

Some things weren't what we all expected, but learn to be happy for once. We have the game on PS4, Xbox and PC. That's enough.

Thanks to all who raised issues for this, I hope they all get raised & sorry for going off-topic. :)
They took a game that ran without any faults or bugs and released a port littered with them. If this is what constitutes ā€˜a great jobā€™, Iā€™m concerned for your employer!

We clearly have very different definitions of what is and isnā€™t ā€˜minorā€™ too if you think that cutscenes not playing out, the games ave feature not working to carry over saves and the game being too dark to play in some situations are acceptable .

Pause the game and either press "A" on the controller or "R" on the keyboard
RXcbAOj.jpg

Wow, how did you find that? This option doesn't seem to belong there at all though. Wonder what version it's from.
Regardles the standard should always be non-inverted.

Reactions: DEW
Before I report this as a bug, can someone refresh my memory: in Shenmue 1 in Dobuita, is it normal for the ā€œbuy the man a Cokeā€ event to happen more than once? Iā€™ve had it twice now.

Yep, I also have had the "catch the ball" QTE appear about 4 times before it seemed to forget it and move on. I had the "buy the coke can" cutscene several times.

Posting this one after our PM @Kyo_JP, as it's not in the list. Though it's used as the template. So just to make it official:

Title: Bloom is automatically activated when the notebook is opened
Reproduction rate: 10/10
Category: Settings
Priority: Severe

Reproduction Steps:
1- Have Bloom set to "OFF" in Settings menu.
2- Game will display without Bloom.
3- View the notebook > Bloom switches on in-game (still shows "OFF" in menu)

Observed Result: Viewing Ryo's notebook will always switch Bloom on.
Expected Result: The settings selected by the player should remain applied.

Came across an odd glitch. Playing on PS4 and I got done talking with Master Chen about the Phoenix Mirror and how Lan Di is in Hong Kong.

lpshen_38_10.jpg

The next morning Ryo wakes up in his room and looks at a travel voucher to see how much it is and the game decides to give me $35,500 yen just by looking at the paper. As that would negate the entire last half of the game, I'll just ignore it.

This is expected behaviour. It's actually a bank balance from Sumitomo bank (look at the text), and he looks at it, then says "I guess Hong Kong is out.." If you look, the cost of a ticket is $200,000 from Asia Travel Company, so $35,000 is not enough to purchase that ticket.

Title: Chai Cutscene - Warehouse #8 - Camera is fixed behind the wall next to Chai
Reproduction rate: 10/10
Category: Video/Cutscene

Reproduction Steps: Walk into Warehouse #8 after finding the Phoenix Mirror in the basement of the Hazuki Dojo.
Observed Result: The camera is stuck behind a wall, and dialogue continues with the camera stuck there, next to Chai. When Chai then jumps out to steal the mirror, Chai disappears and then his voice is heard. After Chai drops the mirror, he flits back in front of the camera for a split second, then the cutscene ends.
Expected Result: Cameras should correctly show the scene and pan between Guizang, Ryo and Master Chen in Warehouse #8.

That's no glitch, that is supposed to happen. You can do that scene quite a few times, up until you can get the letter translated...

Yep, I also have had the "catch the ball" QTE appear about 4 times before it seemed to forget it and move on. I had the "buy the coke can" cutscene several times.
Well that's interesting... never heard of that one...

Came across an odd glitch. Playing on PS4 and I got done talking with Master Chen about the Phoenix Mirror and how Lan Di is in Hong Kong.

The next morning Ryo wakes up in his room and looks at a travel voucher to see how much it is and the game decides to give me $35,500 yen just by looking at the paper. As that would negate the entire last half of the game, I'll just ignore it.
That's not a glitch, that's part of the game, and it in no way negates the last half of the game. It's not enough money to buy a ticket, and it's not like Ryo goes to work at the harbor for money anyways, he goes to investigate the Mad Angels...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back