Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This cutscene issue seems to be a general glitch that can happen to any cutscene, I don't think we need to report it each individual time.

I posted on the spoiler thread, but thought I'd put them in the right place:

Running on PS4, V1.01
- If I entered a Store when a cutscene begins, the visual would cut out completely!
- Upon Entering Warehouse NO.8, there was a sound loop from the door closing before the cutscene loaded.
- I also have the falling glitch after the Pit Blow scene - only a split second but noticable.
- For some reason the 'Chicken Leg' Capsule Toy would not be visible even upon selection in the menu.
- I've also noticed really bad animation issues during combat, when I use Pit Blow (My main move :p) I've noticed the textures of the arms have major distortion.

I'll be continuing my Stream today and note if anything else occurs.

Last edited:
Title: Ryo falling from sky down to earth after Pit Blow cutscene
Platform:
PS4
Title Version: 1.01
Category: Graphics
Not fixed
Priority: Low
Reproduction Rate:
unknown, unfortunately overwritten save after this!
Observed Result: After Pit Blow cutscene and you leave the dojo, you can briefly see Ryo falling down to earth before the game resumes, it can be seen as the loading screen transitions back to in-game view
Expected Result: Ryo should already be on the ground when the normal game resumes

Reproduction Steps:
Launch Shenmue 1 > 2nd day -> go to Dojo to learn Pit Blow

I got this too! Thought it was pretty funny, to be honest.

Title: Kelly and Pochi thumbnails are swapped in the collection menu
Platform: PS4
Reproduction rate: Always
Category: Menu/UI
Priority: Minor

The models are correct but the thumbnails of these two collectibles are swapped.

Title: Glitches in both Iwao and Ryo's hands during the flashback seen about eating carrots.
Platform:
PS4
Category: Visual
Priority: medium
Reproduction Rate: Every time.
Observed Result:
The cutscene plays as the bowl of rice in Iwao's hands and chopsticks in Ryo's hand are clipping through their hands. The bowl is glitching through the hand. This wasn't the case in the original.
Expected Result: The cutscene should play with the visuals intact.

Reproduction Steps: In the beginning of the game, go to the kitchen and lock onto the food on the table.

OP updated with links to the bugs posted here, so far the most critical one is the Excite QTE one.

Title: Gameplay unpauses when controller shuts off
Platform: Xbox One X
Title Version: 1.3.0.0
Category: Gameplay
Priority: Low to medium
Reproduction Rate: Happens every time
Observed Result: When the game is paused and the controller shuts off it will display a message to turn on the controller again and that it is still paused, but the gameplay starts to continue to run at that point
Expected Result: Game stays paused
Reproduction Steps: Connect controller, pause, take batteries out of controller

Reactions: AXM
Title: vehicle street sounds stuck on repeat
Title Version: 1.0.1
Category: Sounds
Not fixed
Priority: Low to medium
Reproduction Rate: -
Observed Result:
One time i walked from Dobuita to the bus stop to take a bus , then i changed my mind and immediately return to the main dobuita street but i kept hearing vahicles passing by, all the way to the Hazuki house. The only way i could make it stop was to reset the game. Before reseting the game i thought that maybe i could stop it by changing locations so i entered the arcade but when the arcade music starτed it also started playing the qte title fighter voice saying "final try" on repeat.
Expected Result: -
Reproduction Steps
: No idea

I think half of the issues with the PS4 version would be sorted with the same patch the Xbox One version got. At least, that’s my hope, anyway. I wonder if Sony are the ones holding up the patch if they already got that patch out there on the Xbox One version?

Title: Pressing X on people names on the front of their house does nothing / Can't read Iwao's letter
Title Version: 1.0.1
Priority: High
Reproduction Rate: 5/5
Observed Result: Every time i try to read a name on a house door when i push X it does nothing. Also when i push X on Iwao's letter on his desk Ryo does not read the letter
Expected Result: Ryo should read the name on the front door and the letter of his father
Reproduction Steps: Just try it :p

Title: Mysterious key not triggering unlock sequence
Reproduction Rate: 3/3
Observed Result: No button prompt to unlock the sword case when you select the mysterious key from the inventory. Cross and Square do nothing. Only after exiting from the item close up and inventory screen with Circle will the unlock sequence begin.
Expected Result: Button prompt appears when examining the mysterious key next to sword case. Pressing the button begins the sequence.

Reproduction Steps:
Go to sword case in the Dojo with the Mysterious Key in your possession.
Open the inventory
Select 'Mysterious Key'
Attempt to use it with Cross or Square
Exit item examination screen
Exit inventory

Title: Ryo falling from sky down to earth after Pit Blow cutscene
Platform:
PS4
Not fixed
Priority: Low
Reproduction Rate:
unknown, unfortunately overwritten save after this!
Observed Result: After Pit Blow cutscene and you leave the dojo, you can briefly see Ryo falling down to earth before the game resumes, it can be seen as the loading screen transitions back to in-game view
Expected Result: Ryo should already be on the ground when the normal game resumes

Reproduction Steps:
Launch Shenmue 1 > 2nd day -> go to Dojo to learn Pit Blow
To be fair, this is a glitch I've often experienced in the Dreamcast version and therefor I personally wouldn't even call it a glitch worth patching... like the bad voice acting there's a charm to it lol

Title: 1st person bug
Platform:
PS4
Priority: -
Reproduction Rate: -

Observed Result: i played the harbor forklift part for about 3 hours and there is a bug,
where you will end up in a locked 1st person perspective as soon as the working time is over,
or when there is a cutscene. this happens when you play the forklift part in the 1st person perspective.
it feels like the camera doesnt reset correctly after the driving part, so there is a chance
that you will end up in a locked 1st person view while running around and pressing buttons doesnt do anything.
you have to walk through some loading screens or restart the game.

Title: Skybox moves along with Ryo (Shenmue I)
Reproduction rate: 5/5
Observed Result: The skybox moves when you input a direction/move the camera around.
Expected Result: The skybox shouldn't move.

Reproduction Steps:

Just move around with Ryo/move the camera when you enter Yamanose, you'll see the skybox follow whatever direction you look/walk.

Title: Up not working on Excite QTE
Platform:
PS4
Category: Controllers
Priority: Medium
Reproduction Rate: 5/5
Observed Result: When requested for the direction up in excite QTE it is not recognised when up is inputted by the user
Expected Result: Up command to be recognised

Reports indicate this is on the xbox version as well. Source:

Also according to some users, the missing cutscenes glitching seems to be tied to the 16:9 aspect ratio. Source:

Title: Skybox moves along with Ryo (Shenmue I)
Reproduction rate: 5/5
Observed Result: The skybox moves when you input a direction/move the camera around.
Expected Result: The skybox shouldn't move.

Reproduction Steps:

Just move around with Ryo/move the camera when you enter Yamanose, you'll see the skybox follow whatever direction you look/walk.
That's not a glitch. This is how the skybox was designed and worked in the original.

That's not a glitch. This is how the skybox was designed and worked in the original.
It seems to be worse in 16:9 mode though just like it acts via emulation...

Well yeah I do have to agree that the movement is very sudden and fast. I think it's also affected by the fast camera movement, wich is more in line with Shenmue II.

Did some research on Excite QTE 2 with the guide on what to press.
The issue is that the input list that the machine shows and the input list that the machine expects differ.
It shows UP when you in fact need to do something else. UP itself does work when UP is in fact required.

We should put this in the glitch description right away. Oh and can we ask them nicely to increase the size of the arrows in the icons for the directional inputs? They do work but at that size they can hinder quick recogntion.

Played for an hour on Steam just now. For the most part, it works great! I think the dialogue in the opening scene is more compressed than other parts, and there are certain sections like when talking to Tom about “Chinese” that are weirdly super crisp? The carrot and tree cutscenes worked fine for me, no cutscene issues so far.

Only notable bug I’ve seen so far is that 4:3 option does not work properly; it produced a 4:3 output but stretched it to fill my 16:9 screen. Maybe because I chose Fullscreen as well?

Also, can see slowdown when turning Ryo in a circle. Specs of my laptop:
i7-6700K
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back