Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Title: Shenmue soft-locks on clear file save menu if the controller was auto-turned off.
Platform: PS4
Platform tested: PS4 Pro
Title Version: 1.01
Reproduction rate: 1 out of 1 tries
Category: Settings
Priority: Severe
Steps to reproduce:
1- Finish the game and watch the ending credits.
2- Leave the controller auto-switch off to save power.
3- When the ending credits roll is over, clear file save menu will appear.
4- The game will soft lock at this menu with no way to advance further or save the clear file.
5- Turning the controller back on won't register any buttons, the only way is to exit the game through the PS button.

Note: This bug did NOT allow me to save the game clear file, I had to reload the last save and finish the game again making sure the controller was always on though the ending credits, then I saved the clear file normally.

Only notable bug I’ve seen so far is that 4:3 option does not work properly; it produced a 4:3 output but stretched it to fill my 16:9 screen. Maybe because I chose Fullscreen as well?

Ok, I don’t think this is a bug, but my bad; if you want 4:3 on a 16:9 1080p display (i.e. 1920x1080 display) you just pick 4:3 but stick with 1920x1080 resolution.

I’m not sure if this is a bug or not, but when you get to the stage in QTE Title where multiple pads come at you simultaneously (after you get multiple pads rising consecutively) I only get the button prompt for the left one on screen. Is this a bug?

Also, I wasn’t sure if I was hearing things, but when you go to Bar Yokosuka and get served a Coke, I can hear the sound of Ryo drinking the coke after he finishes drinking, up until I pause the game after the cutscene.

I possibly found a HUGE and I mean HUGE bug/fault with the (pal) ps4 disc version of Shenmue. This is on a PS4 slim by the way that works fine.

I installed both games from the disc. Shenmue 1 launches and plays just fine (without downoading a patch, internet not connected). Shenmue 2 however, just DOES NOT WORK without a patch. Ive installed and re-installed, cleared cache and all that, the result is the same. The disc is in perfect condition as well. However, when you download the patch for shenmue 2 you can suddenly launch the game and it will work.

I find this absolutely shambolic and ridiculous to be honest. If this is the case for other people. Imagine having no internet...you will only have HALF A GAME when you play from disc!!!

If this is not an isolated case I think the developers should get some flack for this IMO...

Japanese voices still use the English voice timing, resulting in lots of weird, unnatural pauses where there were none in the original Japanese game.

When waiting for the Asia travel company to give me my ticket 4 hours later, it allowed me to re-enter which shouldn't be possible if my memory serves me correct. I played in the arcade for some time and it crashed when I returned to the travel company where the cutscene should play.

When waiting for the Asia travel company to give me my ticket 4 hours later, it allowed me to re-enter which shouldn't be possible if my memory serves me correct. I played in the arcade for some time and it crashed when I returned to the travel company where the cutscene should play.

Your memory serves you wrong - you've always been able to re-enter the travel agency.

Of course, it shouldn't crash.

For anyone who has the ps 4 disc version like me, please read my previous message and see if you can play Shenmue 2 installed without the patch.

I need to know if my disc is somewhat broken/corrupt or if this is the case for everybody who owns the disc...

And, yes with patch installed Shenmue 2 works fine. But without it you get an error message everytime you launch it.

Shenmue 2 however, just DOES NOT WORK without a patch.

For anyone who has the ps 4 disc version like me, please read my previous message and see if you can play Shenmue 2 installed without the patch.

I tested it with my PAL copy (Germany) on an offline PS4 Pro.

Both games start fine. Shenmue I worked immediately (I guess it copied the data very fast), Shenmue II needed some time to copy the data (the loading bar said about 6 minutes).

Just a Question: In on the gameplay-trailers we could see that the names of the streets and the shops pops up on the screen. Is this cutted off? How can i quick travel in Shenmue I? I can not run with the left Shift-Key on PC.

I really like this re-release and enjoy every second i play it.

The "subtitles" for what store you're looking at now require you to zoom the camera in for some reason.
You only need to touch the zoom slightly for them to show up.

Okay, I've just found the most critical bug in the existence of all bugs:

You can no longer bang on the gong in Bunkado Antiques.

Title: Blank air screen during kitchen flashback scene & during waking up of the 2nd day.
Platform: PS4
Title Version: 1.01
Category: Visual
Priority: High?
Reproduction Rate: It only happened once when I tried it. When trying a 2nd time, it played normally.
Observed Result: The cutscene plays, but a blank screen showing the pale blue sky plays instead.
Expected Result: The cutscene should play with the visuals intact.

Reproduction Steps: turn off > try again

Sorry if i'm not very detailed, this is rather new to me!
Im getting something similar, but instread of just one cutscene. Now all cutscenes are closeups of the grounds. Happened after reaching Master Chen for the first time.

At the end after the credits of shen 1, it didnt let me save a cleared file.
What the shit?

Seriously Bad
Are you on PS4 ? if so it happened to me too when my controller switched itself off automatically to save battery, when I turned it back on the game was stuck on the save screen. I have reported this issue to Sega today and they said they'll pass it to d3t.
Meanwhile, you'll need to make sure your controller stays on all the way through the end credits and then you'll be able to save your cleared file.

Are you on PS4 ? if so it happened to me too when my controller switched itself off automatically to save battery, when I turned it back on the game was stuck on the save screen. I have reported this issue to Sega today and they said they'll pass it to d3t.
Meanwhile, you'll need to make sure your controller stays on all the way through the end credits and then you'll be able to save your cleared file.
PC.
My controller was on because I skipped the credits.
It's just a mess and I pity D3T.

PC.
My controller was on because I skipped the credits.
It's just a mess and I pity D3T.
I reloaded my last save, and had to finish the game again then I could save the cleared file normally, I made sure the controller didn't turn off till I saved the cleared file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back