Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom's goodbye scene had an extremely annoying repeating sound going on in the background.

Edit: Saw a post on reddit claiming that turning PS4 pros boost mode off can prevent glitches like this. FYI to anyone else having problems like that.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is a bug, or if I'm just remembering wrong.

But when you talk to an NPC, after they speak to you I could have sworn you could just talk to them again with the action button. But I find myself having to walk away from them and then back over for the prompt to show up.

Cutscenes are still buggy on XOne. Most scenes won’t load and only play the audio while a random frame is onscreen. It’s a common issue. But it’s becoming more present as I continue through the story. Hope they patch this stuff.

Tom's goodbye scene had an extremely annoying repeating sound going on in the background.

Edit: Saw a post on reddit claiming that turning PS4 pros boost mode off can prevent glitches like this. FYI to anyone else having problems like that.
I'm about to do this, I'll save beforehand and try with and without boost mode, I'll report later.

Not sure if this is a bug, or if I'm just remembering wrong.

But when you talk to an NPC, after they speak to you I could have sworn you could just talk to them again with the action button. But I find myself having to walk away from them and then back over for the prompt to show up.

I knew I forgot one to post here; yes I've had this a few times too. Also many times when there is more to be said the talk icon is blank but still works.

PC.
My controller was on because I skipped the credits.
It's just a mess and I pity D3T.
Did it happen following those steps or something was different?

Steps to reproduce:
1- Finish the game and watch the ending credits.
2- Leave the controller auto-switch off to save power.
3- When the ending credits roll is over, clear file save menu will appear.
4- The game will soft lock at this menu with no way to advance further or save the clear file.
5- Turning the controller back on won't register any buttons, the only way is to exit the game through the PS button.

Make sure to save often people!

So am on my way to go save Nozomi.
I hop on the bike and all of a sudden I get an error page. Like someone else on here. so now am going from day 31 to 21. I thought I saved on day 28, I know I saved sooner..... oh well, looks like am taking a couple of days off from playing.

Still enjoying this re-release with all the bugs I have encountered. It beats playing shenmue IIx in a 360 hands down!

For the record
I have a PS4 copy and playing on the uncharted PS4 Edition.
Am going to have a drink
Cheers!!!!

Okay... I'm on a streak.

As soon as I go to borrow the motorcycle, the game completely crashed.

Error: CE-34878-0
Wich platform?

Not the best solution for those that want to soak in the credits but a solution to the controller shutting off is skipping the credits by pressing B or O multiple times since it only skips em in chunks. Only tested on the PC version though.

OP updated,

26 issues reported for PS4 (11 new)
15 issues for Xbox One (7 new)
12 issues for PC (9 new)

There is a couple of issues that I think that could be really game breaking but need to test them, I have not started the game yet. One is the Shenmue 2 not booting on PS4 without patching, just to double check in case they will do a reprint, but I would check the HDD space just in case, I have other crashes launching titles on PS4 due to that stuff. The other one is once we know the platform is the crash in the motorbike scene. Also the trophies not pooping up on Shenmue 2 on PS4, sometimes it take a a while to appear, so I would like to know if this happen to other people.

OP updated,

26 issues reported for PS4 (11 new)
15 issues for Xbox One (7 new)
12 issues for PC (9 new)

There is a couple of issues that I think that could be really game breaking but need to test them, I have not started the game yet. One is the Shenmue 2 not booting on PS4 without patching, just to double check in case they will do a reprint, but I would check the HDD space just in case, I have other crashes launching titles on PS4 due to that stuff. The other one is once we know the platform is the crash in the motorbike scene. Also the trophies not pooping up on Shenmue 2 on PS4, sometimes it take a a while to appear, so I would like to know if this happen to other people.

Hey Kyo,

I was the person who reported the Shenmue 2 disc not launching/playing right. False alarm! I managed to fix it! I got an error code CE-34878-0. I did a complete ps4 initialize thing and after that the Shenmue 2 disc booted up fine without internet or a patch. :)

Was still a bit strange though.

Hey Kyo,

I was the person who reported the Shenmue 2 disc not launching/playing right. False alarm! I managed to fix it! I got an error code CE-34878-0. I did a complete ps4 initialize thing and after that the Shenmue 2 disc booted up fine without internet or a patch. :)

Was still a bit strange though.

Good to know!

Title: Unreliable Conversation/dialogue interface
Platform: Steam (Shenmue 1)
Title Version: 1.0
Reproduction rate: 2/5
Category: Dialogue interface
Priority: Severe

Randomly; when talking to various NPCs the conversation will stop and the continue talking button is blank, no triangle to imply there is more to be said, but if you press it the conversation continues and you (in some situations) get the next part of important dialogue that progresses the game. There are also some situations where the same thing happens but you can't continue the conversation and have to walk away a few steps; turn around and come back to continue talking to the NPC. The only reason I did this was because I've played the game many times before and could remember there was more to be said. This bug could really confused and frustrate a new players progress.

Last edited:
Title: QTE title infrequently ignoring button presses.
Platform: Steam (Shenmue 1)
Title Version: 1.0
Reproduction rate: 3/5
Category: Gameplay
Priority: Low

When playing the QTE title punching game in YouArcade, sometimes I have to press a button twice or hold it down for half a second for it to register. Update: this appears to be indicative of a wider issue and button presses can also fail to register during Space Harrier and regular in game fights where a quick succession of button presses are made.

Last edited:
Shenmue 1
Xbox One

So I played on Tuesday and saved outside the tattoo place, held center button and turned off Xbox. Come Wednesday after work I turn my Xbox back on and it loads up right where I left off without going though title screen. But No music was playing, no sounds of crowds, no door opening sounds. Traveled to a different area to see if it resets the sound glitch, which then I encountered a cut scene at the park where you have a fight to save nazomi, which was weird because the dialog worked but no other sounds, fighting was just weird there. So I saved and forced closed Shenmue 1 from the xbox hub. Started back up and it worked fine. I will see when I get home tonight if this issue is back.

I'm playing on the PC, and my collection has vanished, is there any way to get it back?
I've tried other saves and it's the same, the Gacha, Cassettes and Scrolls aren't visible.

20180823190510_1.jpg

I'm playing on the PC, and my collection has vanished, is there any way to get it back?
I've tried other saves and it's the same, the Gacha, Cassettes and Scrolls aren't visible.

I managed to get the collection back by closing Steam and then reloading it :)

20180823192313_1.jpg

It took me a while to get that cherry one :eek:

So just finished Shenmue 1 on the xbox one X and i can say as soon as you start the motor ride at the end. All cutscenes are shit. And glitchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back