Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
SHENMUE 1
Title: When Ryo throws his jacket on the floor in the dojo before sparring with Fuku-san, the jacket blends in with the wooden floor.
Platform: PC
Title Version: 1.0
Reproduction rate: Every time
Category: Video, rendering
Priority: High

I forgot about this one. It happens on Xbox One as well. Probably PS4 too.

so ive just started Shenmue 2 on the xbox after finish No 1. And i must say iT looks a lot darker then part 1 and also the audio is more lower then part 1. Also What s really shit when normal you press A to select something in sm1 is now X in part 2 !!!! Aaaagh!

SHENMUE 1

Title: Can't focus the camera directly on the Fridge in Hazuki's home, in order to open it. Instead have to focus on the nearby drawer and then shift the camera to the fridge
Category: Camera, game play
Priority: Medium, need that milk.

Title: When Ryo throws his jacket on the floor in the dojo before sparring with Fuku-san, the jacket blends in with the wooden floor.
Category: Video, rendering
Playing on PS4 version 1.01 and can confirm both of these

This bug made me laugh for a change. I fixed it by entering the Tomato Store and it was gone.

This exact same thing happened to me earlier today and I posted about it in this thread. Very odd! The game still thinks you're in a forklift.

I don't know if it should be reported as a bug, but did you noticed that in Shenmue I they improved shadows for all characters but Ryo?

He still have the same old low-res shadow from Dremcast version... the same appens to really few other things like motorbikes, Tama and the roaming dog.

Title: German - Santa uses English name for Mary's Patches
Platform: Xbox One X
Title Version: 1.3.0.0
Category: Text
Priority: Low
Reproduction Rate: Always
Observed Result: When talking to Santa he tells you about "Mary's Patches & Embroidery" and uses the English name for it, while the store is called "Marys Aufnäher und Stickereien" when zooming in on the storefront as well as on the maps.

Expected Result: Subtitles should also say "Marys Aufnäher und Stickereien"
Reproduction Steps: Keep talking to Santa with no big objective active to cycle through the various promotions he makes.

Attachments

• Santa.PNG
    Santa.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
I scrolled through the list but didn't find this. If its already known, ignore it :)

Title: Can't create a Cleared File to load in Shenmue II
Platform: Xbox One
Category: Settings/Saving
Priority: VERY IMPORTANT / HIGH / UNBELIEVEABLE HIGH ^^
Reproduction Rate: Always (3 of 3)
Observed Result: After the credits for a glimpse of a second the save menu pops up and then the games returns to the title screen. Three times I reloaded my last savefile in Ryo's room, had to beat Chai again and I didn't had the chance to save. I don't want to continue with Shenmue II without my Cleared File now.
Expected Result: Have the chance to save, or the game should at least Auto-Save it on a second or third spot :O

Title: Audio crackling
Platform:
PS4 PRO
Title Version: 1.01
Category: Audio
Not fixed
Reproduction Rate:
5/5
Observed Result: Audio in dialogues crackling randomly (like crackling wood in a fireplace)
Expected Result: Audio should be clean, without crackling

I scrolled through the list but didn't find this. If its already known, ignore it :)

Title: Can't create a Cleared File to load in Shenmue II
Platform: Xbox One
Category: Settings/Saving
Priority: VERY IMPORTANT / HIGH / UNBELIEVEABLE HIGH ^^
Reproduction Rate: Always (3 of 3)
Observed Result: After the credits for a glimpse of a second the save menu pops up and then the games returns to the title screen. Three times I reloaded my last savefile in Ryo's room, had to beat Chai again and I didn't had the chance to save. I don't want to continue with Shenmue II without my Cleared File now.
Expected Result: Have the chance to save, or the game should at least Auto-Save it on a second or third spot :O

Yeah!! IT sucks

Anybody else having issues getting training to trigger in the parking lot? I gotta run in and out a few times at weird angles to get it to work a lot of the time... On Dreamcast I just ran to the center and it always triggered no problem...

Anybody else having issues getting training to trigger in the parking lot? I gotta run in and out a few times at weird angles to get it to work a lot of the time... On Dreamcast I just ran to the center and it always triggered no problem...

Sometimes it isn't working, and I can't practice too (ps4 pro).

Probably not a bug, but is anyone else having issues with the circle and X buttons being inverted during QTEs?

It might be because I'm using a Japanese PS4, but normally, the reversed button configuration only applies when navigating the OS. With the exception of Shenmue, my European games are unaffected.

Do Japanese consoles sometimes convert non-Japanese software to the Japanese control scheme? I wouldn't be too bothered by this if not for the fact that the QTE prompts don't correspond with what's displayed on the screen.

Ps4
Shenmue 2
Patch 1.01

I think it's a bug. I went to the free stay lodge, and picked up a winning can on the shelf at the back of the room and the pop up that displays whenever you collect something displayed the words 'ferry' and showed an icon of a capsule. I think the game thinks that I got a ferry from a capsule toy.

Ps4
Shenmue 2
Patch 1.01

I think it's a bug. I went to the free stay lodge, and picked up a winning can on the shelf at the back of the room and the pop up that displays whenever you collect something displayed the words 'ferry' and showed an icon of a capsule. I think the game thinks that I got a ferry from a capsule toy.
No this was on DC too

I don't know how to describe it, but the music in Shenmue 2 just sounds fucked up half the time, like it's playing wrong?

Title: Audio crackling
Platform:
PS4 PRO
Title Version: 1.01
Category: Audio
Not fixed
Reproduction Rate:
5/5
Observed Result: Audio in dialogues crackling randomly (like crackling wood in a fireplace)
Expected Result: Audio should be clean, without crackling
The crackling reminded me of when you work with audio and use a very small buffer size for the audio driver. It reduces latency but if it's too low for the hardware that you're using you can hear similar crackling.

Another thing that I've noticed on PS4, v1.01 is that Ryo slightly dropped out of the sky after going down the stairs and leaving the dojo. I was told that this "falling" also happened a few times on pc when NPC's appeared on screen in Dobuita. Someone else is playing on pc so I asked if she noticed the same behavior today. Since it only happened rarely it's difficult to tell if it has been fixed on pc.

On PS4 Pro, v1.01:
I had the game freeze on me earlier - I went into the Warehouse no.4 for training, selected practice and while it looked live the game was still active (choice menu was flashing) the game was stuck, even the watch wasn't moving. What peed me off even more was that my previous day save didn't work so I'm now 2 in-game days behind where I was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back