Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shenmue I 24_08_2018 12_29_43 AM.pngShenmue I 24_08_2018 12_30_21 AM.pngThe bloom is buggy, as well. I have it turned off, but I realized, it turns back on, even thought it says it's turned off in the menu.
when I went to settings, I turned bloom on and turned it off, after afterwards, it turns backon

Anyone know if it's possible to spar with fuku San early in the game? I'm trying to find Charlie atm, but can only talk to fuku San in the dojo, never trigger the sparring mode

http://www.sega.co.uk/support

Here is a place to report your bugs everyone.

Just here to reply again and say not to forget to report bugs to Sega as was asked of them. If you do not know where to go just go to submit a request at the right top corner of the support page. There you will have several options (such as picking the game etc) Shenmue does not seem to be listed there so I guess you have to select Other.. then list the bugs you are getting ingame and say this is for Sega D3T to fix etc or whatever is best to say I guess.

Last edited:
Unfortunately got a myriad of bugs while streaming again today:

Title: Game crashes after first Heartbeats QTE

Platform: PS4 PRO (boost mode disabled)

Title Version: PS4 version 1.01

Category: functionality

Priority: super severe, the game should not crash

Reproduction Steps: Not sure how I produced it, but the game seemed to have an issue switching scenes. I just went to Heartbeats bar, after losing the pool game. The QTE outside the bar happened, and it crashed when the game was supposed to switch back to player control

Observed Result: After the QTE outside Heartbeats bar happens, the game crashed and kicked me back to the PS4 home screen.

Expected Result:: The game is not meant to crash and you are meant to be able to enter Heartbeats bar

Title: Game crashes after playing Space Harrier and leaving the arcade

Priority: super severe, the game should not crash

Reproduction Steps: I played Space Harrier, got to level 9, and died. Got off the machine, talked to the arcade owner, walked out of the arcade, and the game crashed.

Observed Result: The game crashed when I walked out of the arcade

Expected Result:: I should be able to walk out of the arcade and load onto Dobuita street

Title: Compass moves during cutscenes

Priority: not severe, though it is immersion breaking

Reproduction Steps: Any cutscene where the compass is visible, you can see the compass moving to follow the camera's perspective. It should stay fixed based on the direction Ryo is facing.

Observed Result: The camera is showing the direction the camera is facing and not Ryo

Expected Result:: The compass should always follow Ryo's directional positioning

I also had a lot of missing sound effects and music during mini games, as well as the no d-pad up registering during Excite QTE 2.

Anyone know if it's possible to spar with fuku San early in the game? I'm trying to find Charlie atm, but can only talk to fuku San in the dojo, never trigger the sparring mode

You can spar with him after you find Charlie.

It generally doesn't seem to be a good idea to continue the game from the standby mode of the console or let the console switch into its own screensaver mode. Always save and shut the whole game down and have the screensaver disabled, when you let the controller unused for a period of time.

I had much more of the reported sound and graphic bugs on both consoles when I started it from standby (PS4, Xbox One) or screensave mode (Xbox One) instantly after continuing...

Last edited:
Just here to reply again and say not to forget to report bugs to Sega as was asked of them. If you do not know where to go just go to submit a request at the right top corner of the support page. There you will have several options (such as picking the game etc) Shenmue does not seem to b listed there so I guess you have to select Other.. then list the bugs you are getting ingame and say this is for Sega D3T to fix etc or whatever is best to say I guess.

Maybe Kyo_JP should put that in the first post because i remember someone asking a few pages back if the dojo is reporting the bugs to sega or if each individual should report them. In any case i believe someone sould put that info in the first post to avoid the confusion. ;)

SHENMUE 1

Title: Can't focus the camera directly on the Fridge in Hazuki's home, in order to open it. Instead have to focus on the nearby drawer and then shift the camera to the fridge
Platform: PC
Title Version: 1.0
Reproduction rate: Every time
Category: Camera, game play
Priority: Medium, need that milk.

Title: Opening up the settings menu whilst standing in front of the mirror in the hidden basement of the dojo only shows Ryo's flashlight in the background, but not Ryo himself (he turns into an invisible ghost holding a flashlight).
Category: Video, rendering
Priority: Minor

Title: While talking to Bob of Bob's burger after having booked the boat ticket at the travel agency, when the time turns to 7PM and Dobuita lights up, there is a rendering and camera error (might apply to other scenarios too)
Reproduction rate: Only observed once
Priority: Medium

Title: When Ryo throws his jacket on the floor in the dojo before sparring with Fuku-san, the jacket blends in with the wooden floor.
Priority: High

Title: Rendering error in Ryo's Phoenix mirror dream cutscene. The jade piece in the middle seems to render incorrectly.
Reproduction rate: Observed once
Priority: Minor

Title: It is a bit difficult to figure out how to quit the game, as the quit button is placed among the settings for the game
Reproduction rate: N/A
Category: Usability

Hi, since the patch 1.01 has been uploaded on Steam I think we should report only bugs present on that version

Title: Shenmue 2/ Game crashes back to Windows 10 after skipping cutscenes
Platform:
Steam
Title Version: Beta Patch
Category: Functionality
Not fixed
Priority: High
Reproduction Rate: 5
/5
Observed Result: After Defeating Greg, Rod and Chunyan, if you skip all cutscenes, the Game crashes and I'm back to Windows
Expected Result: Game should not crash

Reproduction Steps:
Trigger and skip the cutscene with the Scout after defeating the Three Street Fighters

Title: Prophecy at end of Shenmue 1. No Voice over for Japanese
Platform: PS4
Title Version: 1.0.1
Category: Text/VO
Priority: Low
Reproduction Rate: Always
Observed Result: Upon completion the prophecy subtitles came on the screen but no voice over for Japanese VO

Expected Result: Voice over reading the subtitles.
Reproduction Steps: Game completion

Last edited:
I'm playing the final of Shenmue I with all its unskippable cutscenes and the Chai fight for the sixth time now... First it didn't let me save a "Cleared file", now the game crashes every time after I've defeated Chai... And all I want is a Cleared File to begin with Shenmue II... a central idea of the compilation.

I am finally at a point, that I can't believe that this version has made it on retail discs and into the e-shops. I am playing the digital version on Xbox One at the moment.

Last edited:
Title: Prophecy at end of Shenmue 1. No Voice over
Platform: PS4
Title Version: 1.0.1
Category: Text/VO
Priority: Low
Observed Result: Upon completion the prophecy subtitles came on the screen but no voice over

Expected Result: Voice over reading the subtitles.
Reproduction Steps: Game completion

English? Cause Japanese version has no voice over in this moment...

Title: Forklift controls swapped
Platform: Xbox One X
Title Version: 1.3.0.0
Category: Mechanics
Observed Result: When driving the forklift the left and right analog stick are swapped, like with the arcade games.
Only the right stick gives the smooth quickly self centering controls of the the Dreamcast stick. The left stick is just a duplicate of the incremental d-pad controls.

Expected Result: Left and right stick controls should be swapped to normal for the forklift
Reproduction Steps: Drive the forklift during the job or race

I have a strange bug for Shenmue PC (there are too many posts to read every one, I would have seperated bug reports for PC/Xbox/PS4)

When Loading on Windows 7 with a Xbox Controller the framerate of everything is rediculuously slow like 2fps
It took me a while to figure out but if I hold the X button the framerate is normal, untill I let go of the X button.

Im glad I have a dual boot with Windows10 because that all loads and works normally with the controller

Title: Excite QTE 2 Arrow Icons
Platform: Xbox One X / PC
Title Version: 1.3.0.0 / 1.01
Category: Graphics
Observed Result: The icons representing the directional input depicting a stick with a tiny arrow are not representative of how the directional icons look during actual QTEs. As the arcade machine is meant as training, they should look the same.

Expected Result: The icons for up, down, left and right in Excite QTE 2 should look like the ones in real QTEs
Reproduction Steps: Play Excite QTE for a while until direction inputs appear

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back