Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 2

Title: Tom's hotdog truck shows same battery life has cassette player.
Platform: PS4
Title Version: 1.0.2
Reproduction rate: 10 out of 10
Category: Graphical
Priority: Low
Reproduction Steps: 1:00 in above video. Go to tom''s hot dog truck and play a tape on his boom box, it will display the battery life of your inventory casssette player in bottom left.
Expected Result: It should display full battery life at all times, not your cassette players.

I don't know if it is my hearing going to shit but does the Shenhua and Shenmue tape sound a little off in some parts?!? I could just be imagining it.
I tested the bloom effects and they are working fine, it's kinda fun to stand in front of a light source at night and toggle them on and off to see the difference in the effect.

Last edited:
I have to ask, do people not realise that the left pad is always X, the middle pad is always A, and the right pad is always B (or PS4 equivalents)?

It surprises me to see people are failing just because the button isn't appearing, and claiming it's "impossible to win the toy". I had no problems getting 500k; I noticed the buttons weren't appearing but it's just a graphical error - it's still obvious which buttons to press and they still work fine.

I told my wife the "impossible" report, not really thinking about it, because she's the QTE Title-holder in our house, and she just looked at me like I was crazy, and was like "but... you can still see what order to hit them in!" and I was all like "OIC!"

Last edited:
Title: Shenmue II - Incorrect color of vending machine in Thousand White Qr. (Kowloon)
Title Version: 1.02
Reproduction rate: 10/10
Category: Environment Item
Observed Result: When asking beggar in Thousand White Qr. for direction to Dancing Dragon Bldg. he tells you to turn right in front of green vending machine but there is red vending machine.
Expected Result: Vending machine needs to be green.
Reproduction Steps: After meeting Yang at Great View Bldg. ask beggar near the building for direction (give him money).

Shenmue II_20180918233919.jpg

Shenmue II_20180918234235.jpg

I have to ask, do people not realise that the left pad is always X, the middle pad is always A, and the right pad is always B (or PS4 equivalents)?

It surprises me to see people are failing just because the button isn't appearing, and claiming it's "impossible to win the toy". I had no problems getting 500k; I noticed the buttons weren't appearing but it's just a graphical error - it's still obvious which buttons to press and they still work fine.
I told my wife the "impossible" report, not really thinking about it, because she's the QTE Title-holder in our house, and she just looked at me like I was crazy, and was like "but... you can still see what order to hit them in!" and I was all like "OIC!"
There was probably a bit of hyperbole in there with saying it was impossible to win but I'd like to think you fellas can still see how it would throw someone off when they weren't expecting this to happen in a game where the flashing icons are constantly popping up like they should until you get halfway through the 200k mark, then all of a sudden it's like wtf? Some of us can barely manage the requirement you need for the toy let alone 500effingk so we might need all the help we can get and have everything working like it's supposed to without being forced to adapt on the spot and power through it with broken icons.

Last edited:
Title: Shenmue II - Incorrect color of vending machine in Thousand White Qr. (Kowloon)
Reproduction rate: 10/10
Category: Environment Item
Observed Result: When asking beggar in Thousand White Qr. for direction to Dancing Dragon Bldg. he tells you to turn right in front of green vending machine but there is red vending machine.
Expected Result: Vending machine needs to be green.
Reproduction Steps: After meeting Yang at Great View Bldg. ask beggar near the building for direction (give him money).

View attachment 1265

View attachment 1266
The green vending machines had the Japanese drinks company Sapporo on them so they were probably removed over licensing. I don’t understand why they couldn’t just remove the brand name and keep the green vending machines or else rename them as Jet Cola.

Last edited:
There was probably a bit of hyperbole in there with saying it was impossible to win but I'd like to think you fellas can still see how it would throw someone off when they weren't expecting this to happen in a game where the flashing icons are constantly popping up like they should until you get halfway through the 200k mark, then all of a sudden it's like wtf? Some of us can barely manage the requirement you need for the toy let alone 500effingk so we might need all the help we can get and have everything working like it's supposed to without being forced to adapt on the spot and power through it with broken icons.
It's still a bug and not intended, so it's fine to report, it wasn't a problem in the DC version. I find it funny that even when a bug is bought up some Shenmue fans litotes them like they want to put you off reporting any issues.

I find it funny that even when a bug is bought up some Shenmue fans litotes them like they want to put you off reporting any issues.

Not really, I just wanted to tell a funny little story, that still happened to be on topic. Anyway, I thought we were done with the conspiracy theories and accusations of false motive? FFS this is why we can't have nice things.

Not really, I just wanted to tell a funny little story, that still happened to be on topic. Anyway, I thought we were done with the conspiracy theories and accusations of false motive? FFS this is why we can't have nice things.
Yes you did tell a nice story, wether you think it adds anything to the bug report thread and how people percieve that is up to them. Just a fair point with all the hyperbole accusations thrown around. Prey do tell me what are these nice things, reporting bugs maybe?

Shenmue 1 HD Confirming the QTE flashing prompts do flash now in action sequences.

Last edited:
Just a fair point with all the hyperbole accusations thrown around.

Says the guy who started this side discussion with a hyperbolic accusation.

Prey do tell me what are these nice things, reporting bugs maybe?

Having a community that's (at least somewhat) united in their love of Shenmue, rather than having an axe to grind, and looking for opportunities to take the piss out people who don't.

Last edited:
Says the guy who started this side discussion with a hyperbolic accusation.

Having a community that's united in their love of Shenmue, rather than having an axe to grind, and looking for opportunities to take the piss out people who don't.

You are the one who is getting pissed about my view points and telling me ffs. I have been posting both postive things and negative things about the port. Hyperbole was used by schoolboy and it is regulary used here so it an't like that isn't true. You are the one throwing conspiracy BS at me specific. I didn't say you was or wasn't doing what you qouted but that some people are "IMO". The only person with a axe to grind seems to be you at a percived slight i've made at you. Which isn't the case and maybe what you said might have made people feel like you were taking the piss hence the retort in the 1st place.

The green vending machines had the Japanese drinks company Sapporo on them so they were probably removed over licensing. I don’t understand why they couldn’t just remove the brand name and keep the green vending machines or else rename them as Jet Cola.

Yeah I looked up sapparro vending machines and they do have a green varient.
Sapporo_Beverage_vending_machine_in_Osaka.JPG

So it might be due to even the color matching is too much of a resembalance in the copyright. But they do have them in many other colors too so IDK

Last edited:
You are the one who is getting pissed about my view points and telling me ffs. I have been posting both postive things and negative things about the port. Hyperbole was used by schoolboy and it is regulary used here so it an't like that isn't true. You are the one throwing conspiracy BS at me specific. I didn't say you was or wasn't doing what you qouted but that some people are "IMO". The only person with a axe to grind seems to be you at a percived slight i've made at you. Which isn't the case and maybe what you said might have made people feel like you were taking the piss hence the retort in the 1st place.

If you're going to be willfully obtuse, I'm not going to bother explaining it to you again, and we can just get back on topic.

Speaking of, my wife just won the mini QTE Title machine, so I can confirm it's not impossible. :p

If you're going to be willfully obtuse, I'm not going to bother explaining it to you again, and we can just get back on topic.

Speaking of, my wife just won the mini QTE Title machine, so I can confirm it's not impossible. :p
Congrats(y) I still can't get that damn space harrier prize.:sneaky:

Wish I had the elite skills your wife does! :LOL:

Speaking of Space Harrier, did they invert the controls for the analog stick with the patch or were they like this since day 1?... (on PS4) I don't like it. It's weird though because I could've sworn I found it easier to maneuver for some reason when I last played it a few weeks ago.

Edit: I'm just as skilled after all, hehe. Made it to 313k and got the toy. There's a point at around the 240-250k mark where you have to press square and x simultaneously and somewhere between 260-270k where you have to press square and circle simultaneously. The icons for x and circle just don't show up in those instances and it can catch you off guard if you aren't prepared for it. They still need to fix it though. I watched some videos of people playing QTE Title in the re-releases on Youtube and their runs always ended in these parts.

Last edited:
Dear All,

Apologies if I am not posting this in the right thread but as I am new to the forum I am trying to get used to it.

Platform: Steam/PC
Game: Shenmue I HD

Description:

Overall, the main issues that I am having are the following. The first is that every time I restart my PC, I then have to re-assign certain buttons to the moves. In most cases these buttons are Shift and Ctlr which are generally assigned to the run and zoom/look functionalities. When I play the game after re-starting I am forced to re-assigned them (although being displayed as already assigned them to those functionalities) in order to use them. If I do not do that, basically when pressing Shift Ryo does not run, despite the fact in the settings Shift is already displayed as being assigned to run. If I then re-assign it, I am now able to use it.

The second issue I am facing is related to the combat mode. In this situation, I assign in the control settings menu a certain button to the 'assigned move'. In this way, if I have assigned a move to the button I do not need to use the combo to re-create that move. However, when I start a combat and I press the assigned move button, the menu with all of the move appears, I then select which move I want to assign to the button. When I press again the assigned move button, then the menu appears all over again, without being able to use such assigned move.

Any help on the two issues above would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

I can confirm the fix for PS034 and PS068 (it's the same bug which is on there two times). The narrator's voice for the "Prophecy" text is now there.

By the way, this brings me to a new bug. The German subtitle on the Prophecy is not good.

Title: Shenmue 1 Outro "Prophecy" Cutscene Narration German Subtitle Incomplete

Category: Subtitles/translation

Reproduction Beat Chai at the harbor and watch the ending cutscene for Shenmue 1 where the "Prophecy" poem appears on screen in Japanese and the narrator's voice reads it in English.

Observed Result: The German subtitles are ok for the parts they do translate, hower there are large parts of the English text which do not get translated. Sometimes, entire lines of the poem are missing in the subtitles.

Expected Result: The subtitles should give the player a translation of everything that is said in the game without "skipping" parts of the poem.

Congrats(y) I still can't get that damn space harrier prize.:sneaky:

Me either! :sneaky: I've always been pants at the arcade games.....I need to practice more......but there's a darts machine 10 feet away.

Dear All,

Apologies if I am not posting this in the right thread but as I am new to the forum I am trying to get used to it.

Platform: Steam/PC
Game: Shenmue I HD

Description:

Overall, the main issues that I am having are the following. The first is that every time I restart my PC, I then have to re-assign certain buttons to the moves. In most cases these buttons are Shift and Ctlr which are generally assigned to the run and zoom/look functionalities. When I play the game after re-starting I am forced to re-assigned them (although being displayed as already assigned them to those functionalities) in order to use them. If I do not do that, basically when pressing Shift Ryo does not run, despite the fact in the settings Shift is already displayed as being assigned to run. If I then re-assign it, I am now able to use it.

The second issue I am facing is related to the combat mode. In this situation, I assign in the control settings menu a certain button to the 'assigned move'. In this way, if I have assigned a move to the button I do not need to use the combo to re-create that move. However, when I start a combat and I press the assigned move button, the menu with all of the move appears, I then select which move I want to assign to the button. When I press again the assigned move button, then the menu appears all over again, without being able to use such assigned move.

Any help on the two issues above would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

If you're in practice, the move list coming up is expected behavior, but if you're actually fighting dudes, then yeah, that's strange.

I apologize. I thought this was the "Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs thread".

Back