Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 2

I haven't been on here in a while and was curios to see if people were still playing this game.. I guess you all have a lot more patience and understanding than I do , because this port should be embarrassing to d3t. And Sega's as well. At the end of the day, this is Sega's ip . I understand to many, this is the only version they have and I am sincere in saying I hope you enjoy this version of Shenmue. For me personally, I am not going to spend time and effort in reporting bugs and "work" towards getting this game to work. Thats the job of the devs. I paid my money and expect a fully polished product .This port will only serve as a coaster. Its not future proof. Thankfully I still have the original's. Sorry to rant guys, but as an old school Sega and Shenmue fan, I am disgusted with this port. Hopefully Sega wont use this joke of a developer on a future port or remaster cause I wont buy anything with the name of d3t again. Im trading my copy in. Too bad they got my money. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Again , I don't mean to antagonize anyone here just venting.

Believe me, I'm also frustrated by the bugs (especially the Shenmue 2 background music!), but helping to collect and observe them and then test them again after a patch is more constructive for me than just ranting. This doesn't mean I approve in which state the game was released.

DSC_2835.JPGDSC_2835.JPGhas anyone had this yet? Pause/Help menu has gone all funny. Only exiting the game has corrected it back to the normal Pause/Help UI.

View attachment 1318View attachment 1318has anyone had this yet? Pause/Help menu has gone all funny. Only exiting the game has corrected it back to the normal Pause/Help UI.

Someone else reported this as well and according to PC patch 1.04 it is probably fixed so maybe it will be included in next console patch.

PC Patch Notes v1.04

Audio
• Fixed some issues with arcade game background music.
• Fixed some issues of corrupted SFX.
• Fixed issues with notebook SFX.

UI
• Fixed various issues with help screens. <<<<<<<<<<<<
• Fixed some instanced of overlapping UI.
• Dobuita shop names now correctly appear when looking around without having to zoom.
• Fixed various issues with the end game save screen.

Graphical Issues
• Fixed some instances of oddly positioned hands.
• Fixed an issue that would cause Ryo to disappear when activating the watch in the Dobuita car park.

Miscellaneous
• Fixed an issue that would cause Gacha rewards to not be given when playing Space Harrier.
• Further stability fixes.

User received a warning for this post: Continued misuse of bug thread.
Believe me, I'm also frustrated by the bugs (especially the Shenmue 2 background music!), but helping to collect and observe them and then test them again after a patch is more constructive for me than just ranting. This doesn't mean I approve in which state the game was released.

That is why I said most of you here have a lot more patience than I do. I just don't have that level of patience. I don't care what game it is. I like to be objective as a consumer. Nothing is getting a pass from me. I traded my copy in today , so my hands are washed. Again, I admire your patience and I hope everyone eventually gets the Shenmue experience they deserve.

I am not seeing any progression in training, even after sleeping. This is with Patch 4 on PC. I know it takes a while to upgrade moves but I can tell by the bar's position relative to letters in words that it is not advancing at all :/

Also still missing 1 out of 2 QTE Title prompts when two of them move simultaneously.

Is there any way on PC to set the controls in Space Harrier so they aren't inverted? I'm sure it came up in the last bugs thread, not sure if this is a regression with v4 or not.

This isn't an official complaint but does anyone feel as if the Neo Darts minigame in Shenmue 2 feels off? The accuracy seems a little wonky or has it always been that way?

Since Beta Patch 5 for PC is out now please stop reporting issues on Patch 4. Also, if you can check some of the PC issues please ping me.

I'm sure people have made them aware, but the point of this thread was never to act as any official resource. It's just a community effort so we can publicly and independently keep track of the game's current state.

SEGA or d3t are welcome to make use of it should they find it a useful resource, but we didn't create this bugtracker exlusively for them.

So the point of this thread is kind of making this thread for its own sake. As in feeling proud of what a great Shenmue resource we've created here as a community or something like that. I do get this kind of fan thing creating a fan ressource for the sake of being a fan but I think that's not enough here.

Personally, I've always emailed all of my bug reports to Sega (before copy & pasting them in here) in the hopes of them noticing and making D3T clean up the mess (not putting the blame solely on D3T here, but they had three years of development to get things done).

A little bit of "pressure" to fix their product put on Sega by the customers and subsequently passed on to D3T can't hurt. I urge everyone posting in this thread to copy and paste their bug reports and email them to Sega's customer support. Takes one extra minute which can go a long way.

Last edited:
It's been quite a long time since I've posted here. My notebook's monitor broke down about two weeks ago and I hate doing this kind of stuff on my phone and being unwilling to spend money on a new PC before next year, I had to drive back to my parent's place to find an old external monitor there which I've hooked up to my notebook now. I've tried to keep track of all the bugs I've discovered in S2 in the meantime so let's get this started. This is gonna be a longer series of posts.

@Kyo_JP: Hope I'm not gonna produce any duplicates here. Please forgive me if I do.

Title: Lucky Charm Quarter Taylor Shops Music Sounds off

Platform: PS4

Title Version: 1.02

Category: Audio

Priority: Low

Reproduction Steps: Enter any of the Taylor Shops in Shenmue 2. Listen to the music. Compare it to the Dreamcast original. Please note that this concerns but may not be limited to all of the following shops: Lucky Charm Taylor, Western Fashion Clothier, Many Palace Taylor, Bloom Taylor, First Class Taylor, First Class Taylor and Gladness Garments.

Observed Result: The music sounds off.

Expected Result: Music should sound the way it did on Dreamcast.

Title: Beverly Hills Wharf Daytime Music Sounds off

Priority:Medium

Reproduction Steps: Enter Beverly Hills Wharf during daytime. Compare it to the Dreamcast original

Observed Result: The music sounds nothing like the original.

Expected Result: Music should sound the same as it did on Dreamcast.

We have never even once alluded that people shouldn't be sending copies of their bug reports to SEGA too. I genuinely have no idea what gave you that impression.

And no, the point of this isn't so we can "feel proud". It's so the community can have a publicity accessible and independently verified account of the game's issues in great detail as well as an open space for discussion; something you're not going to get from any official resource.

If you think we're doing this just for the sake of it then you're honestly so far off the mark and don't understand just how much effort certain members of both staff and the community have put in to creating and maintaining this.

Title: Worker's Pier Daytime Music sounds off

Platform:pS4

Priority: Medium. It doesn't sound as bad as Wise Men's Quarter Daytime or Da Yuan apartments, but it's still slightly off.

Reproduction Steps: Enter Worker's Pier during daytime. Listen to the music. Compare it to the Dreamcast original.

Observed Result: The music sounds off.

Expected Result: The music should sound the same as it did on Dreamcast.

Last edited:
If you think we're doing this just for the sake of it then you're honestly so far off the mark and don't understand just how much effort certain members of both staff and the community have put in to creating and maintaining this.

Glad to hear it. Your post kind of gave me a different impression. Guess I got you wrong. I do understand the effort though as I am one of the "certain members" who have reported a fuckton of bugs on this thread.

Title: Xiuying Crying in Da Yuan Apartments Cutscene Background Music Sounds off

Category: Cutscenes/Audio

Priority: Medium

Reproduction Steps: After Ryo learns about the Chawan Sign from Guixiang in South Carmain Quarter, he will automatically go back to Da Yuan Apartments to trigger a cutscene where he walks in on Xiuying looking at her brother's photo crying.

Observed Result: The background music to this cutscene sounds off.

Title: Kowloon Introduction Cutscene Music Sounds off

Category: Cutscenes/Audio

Priority: High. It completely breaks the atmosphere for the scene.

Reproduction Steps: After saying goodbye to Xiuying at Man Mo Temple, the cutscene where Ryo is on a bus to Kowloon will automatically trigger

Observed Result: The background music to this cutscene sounds off.

Back