Status
Not open for further replies.
Title: Ryo's battle voice early in the story
Platform: Xbox One X / PC
Title Version: 1.3.0.0 / 1.01
Reproduction rate: Always
Category: Sound
Priority: Minor
Observed Result: Pointing out an oversight of the Dreamcast original here since it can possibly be fixed.
The cries and grunts you hear Ryo make during fights are carried over from the Japanese dub. This happens throughout the story (org. Disc 1 and 2) and changes to English voice samples by the time Ryo has to find a job (org. Disc 3).

Expected Result: Ryo's voice during battles should always be the same and from his English voice actor
Reproduction Steps: Play one of the early fights, compare to a fight from the work days on
}

Hi Blue, I have played Shenmue 1 extensively, and this has ALWAYS been the case in the Dreamcast version. Both the English and the Japanese battle cries have overlapped during combat.

Title: In 70 man battle, no counter for remaining enemies is displayed
Platform: PS4
Title Version: 1.01
Category: Audio
Priority: Low
Reproduction Rate: 5/5
Observed Result: There is no enemy counter in the bottom right.
Expected Result: There should be an enemy counter in the bottom right.

Hey man, re this one, the enemy counter never actually displayed in the "story" mode 70 man battle, even on DC. It only displayed in the unlockable Time Attack mode.

Hey man, re this one, the enemy counter never actually displayed in the "story" mode 70 man battle, even on DC. It only displayed in the unlockable Time Attack mode.

Right, because you didn't know you were fighting 70 men at the time. :p

Came across an odd glitch. Playing on PS4 and I got done talking with Master Chen about the Phoenix Mirror and how Lan Di is in Hong Kong.

The next morning Ryo wakes up in his room and looks at a travel voucher to see how much it is and the game decides to give me $35,500 yen just by looking at the paper. As that would negate the entire last half of the game, I'll just ignore it.

Title: Stuttery audio in the Credits of both games.
Platform: PC
Title Version: Beta v1.01
Reproduction rate: Unknown
Priority: Medium to high.
Observed Result: When the credits start playing in a few seconds the audio in the credits starts to stutter and skip around. Happened in both games.
Expected Result: Audio should play normal without any artifacts.

Came across an odd glitch. Playing on PS4 and I got done talking with Master Chen about the Phoenix Mirror and how Lan Di is in Hong Kong.

The next morning Ryo wakes up in his room and looks at a travel voucher to see how much it is and the game decides to give me $35,500 yen just by looking at the paper. As that would negate the entire last half of the game, I'll just ignore it.
Can you see what happens if Ryo goes to the travel agency with enough money? I’m kind of curious to know what will happen.

Title: Cutscene immediately after finding Phoenix mirror camera issue

Platform: Xbox One

Title Version: 1.0.3

Category: Video

Priority: High priority - detrimental to the storyline for new players

Reproduction Steps: Not quite sure how to replicate, people seem to be getting this glitch at random cutscenes

Observed Result: Instead of Ryo speaking with Fuku-san in the dojo cutscene, the camera was stuck outside

Expected Result: Ryo and Fuku-san have a conversation where Fuku-san believe Ryo is possessed!

https://gfycat.com/ImpassionedDenseFlea

I got this one today. My first major bug.

Oh, shit. I got this one today as well. I didn’t remember it, but thought that maybe it was supposed to happen and that Ryo still didn’t have enough money. I saved my file after that too!

Ugh. I’m on PC, btw.

Oh, shit. I got this one today as well. I didn’t remember it, but thought that maybe it was supposed to happen and that Ryo still didn’t have enough money. I saved my file after that too!

Ugh. I’m on PC, btw.
Are you talking about the next morning when he wakes up at his house, he takes out his bank book and all his savings for a ticket but it's not even close to enough. Like at the start of this video:
If so that's part of the story, Ryo should also refuse to buy things since he need the money for a HK ticket.
Title: Stuttery audio in the Credits of both games.
Platform: PC
Title Version: Beta v1.01
Reproduction rate: Unknown
Priority: Medium to high.
Observed Result: When the credits start playing in a few seconds the audio in the credits starts to stutter and skip around. Happened in both games.
Expected Result: Audio should play normal without any artifacts.
Regarding the audio it is weird sometimes it just skips a effect. Like training a move 1 time out of every 10 it might not make a noise, same with raffle, or other little sound effects. Also audio levels can be weird on some scenes and songs.

Can you see what happens if Ryo goes to the travel agency with enough money? I’m kind of curious to know what will happen.

I think it was supposed to happen now. It was before I got a job and after Fuk-san gave me money I was only $12k over what I needed. I won't go into spoilers anymore but I'm pretty sure it was supposed to happen.

I think it was supposed to happen now. It was before I got a job and after Fuk-san gave me money I was only $12k over what I needed. I won't go into spoilers anymore but I'm pretty sure it was supposed to happen.
Was it the money from Ryo’s savings account?

Title: Shenmue II crashes after cutscene in Dancing Dragon Bldg when you're chased by Dou Niu
Title Version: 1.01.
Category: Functionality / Gameplay
Priority: SEVERE / MAJOR
Reproduction Steps: Just play the game. Skipping or playing cutscene has same result.
Observed Result: Game crashes at end of cutscene, causing error CE-34878-0 on PS4 system, making further progress / completion of the game currently impossible. Restarting application does not fix this.
Expected Result: Gameplay / QTE chase should start as normal, game should not crash.

Title: Shenmue Juke Box Hang-On Arcade
Title Version:
Category: Sound
Not fixed
Priority: Low
Reproduction Rate:
5/5
Observed Result: Sound is wrong.
Expected Result: Reproduction Steps: Go to arcade pick Hang-On at juke box. Listen.

I also show the training move animation bug using stab armor and this time when I slept it stayed using the leveled up animation. Until I reloaded my save towards the end of the clip. Not only that the christmas music wasn't playing on dobuita street except the tomato mart one untill I reloaded. Should play various different songs along the road. You can see at the 16min mark where I reload and it plays this time after I leave the arcade.

Hi, wich platform?

Title: Shenmue 2 Chasing Wong QTE X/O Flashing back and forth /Shenmue 1 QTE arcade games X/O Flashing back and forth
Title Version: 1.01
Category: Gameplay
Priority: High
Reproduction Rate: Happens every time I try the QTE section in Shenmue 2 or play the arcade games in 1.
Observed Result: Whenever a QTE of a button flashes on the screen, such as X or O, both will flash repeatedly back and forth one frame at a time. Like XOXOXOXOXOXOXXOXO, making it impossible to know which button to push and causes the section to be impossible to do. The arrow buttons were not effected in this section. This also occurred on the QTE arcade games in Shenmue 1 making them also impossible to play. I should mention I am playing the game on a Japanese PS4 so it could be related???
Expected result: Only one button prompt should be displayed on the screen during the qte.

Title: The "Nomad" Trophy doesn't pop if you have done the Fangmei's birthday quest and say goodbye to her at Li Shao's apartment before going to the Man Mo temple and leave for Kowloon
Title Version: 1.0.1
Reproduction rate: 10 out of 10 tries
Category: Trophies
Priority: Moderate

Reproduction Steps:
1- Do the Fangmei's birthday quest (buy her the brooch and give it to her on march 3rd)
2- On the last day in Wan Chai, go say goodbye to her at Li Shao's appartment
3- Go to the Man Mo Temple to trigger the scene where you leave for Kowloon

Observed Result: You don't get the "Nomad" trophy because you don't trigger the scene where Fangmei says goodbye to you in front of the Man Mo Temple, which is normal because you've already said goodbye to her in the apartment

Expected Result: You should get the trophy during the next scene where Ryo is in the bus for Kowloon
Has someone else experimented this behaviour? I think there are people getting the Platinum Trophi for Shenmue 2, right? If the Platinum can be achieved not sure what is failing here

Title: Extra 'B' button prompt appears next to the real prompts on Excite QTE 2 game. (Shenmue 1)
Platform: Xbox One
Title Version: 1.3.0.0
Reproduction rate: 1/3
Category: Graphics
Priority: Minor
Reproduction Steps: Start Excite QTE 2 game in the arcade.

Observed Result: Every time a button prompt appears a second prompt also appears to the right and down a little from it (This is always the 'B' button). The second prompt also flashes opposite from the real prompt. I’ve only seen this glitch once. Also it displays the analogue stick directions instead of the original white arrows.
Expected Result: Only one button prompt should appear on screen, not two.
This happened to me with the O button on 1.0.1 PS4

Just finished S1 now and was not able to save after i completed the game.
My experience with Shenmue HD has been torn apart with bugs from start to finish.

I wil just start S2 without the S1 savefile i guess..

Hopefully the game will be patched by 1 august 2019 when i do a replay before S3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back