Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Title: During Free Battle, unable to kick surrounding enemies while holding one in an arm-lock
Platform: XBox One (all?)
Title Version: 1.3.0.0
Reproduction rate: 10 out of 10 tries
Category: GamePlay - Free Battle
Priority: High
Observed Result: In Shenmue 1 when you hit B as an enemy is attacking, it grabs them in an arm-lock. You can then hit A and a direction to kick at surrounding enemies in the direction you pressed, but the kicks never connect, and the enemy kinda scoots away a bit, like the wind from your kick pushed them back.

Expected Result: When pressing A, it should kick the enemies if they are close.
I noticed this on my intial playthrough aswell and was about to report it, but wanted to check more thoroughly and then kinda forgot about it. Thanks for also finding this and making the report!

I noticed this on my intial playthrough aswell and was about to report it, but wanted to check more thoroughly and then kinda forgot about it. Thanks for also finding this and making the report!
I also reported this a while back for the PS4 version. I'm glad that some other people are noticing it. It was driving me crazy when I played through Shenmue I.

I also thought I noticed the thing Billkwando reported about not being able to throw enemies into other enemies but I wasn't sure enough about that to actually report it.

All of the analog control issues (catching leaves only works with right analog stick, After Burner only playable with the right analog stick, no analog control in Space Harrier, etc etc etc) could be fixed SUPER EASY by swapping the left and right analog stick. I imagine this would not take long to code. The LEFT analog stick is the same thing as the d-pad. No different. The RIGHT analog stick is the same thing as the analog stick on the Dreamcast. Why they swapped these is mind-boggling. I don't know how to submit a bug to DEET or d3t or Sega. Maybe someone else could?

I am still collecting all the reported things in the OP, but I am having problems to save sometimes so I keep them in a separed spreed sheet and keep trying later. If last update works the only thing remaining is a couple of duplicates reported in the previous page. Also probably moving to Fix Verified the Claim Fixed one on PC.

All of the analog control issues (catching leaves only works with right analog stick, After Burner only playable with the right analog stick, no analog control in Space Harrier, etc etc etc) could be fixed SUPER EASY by swapping the left and right analog stick. I imagine this would not take long to code. The LEFT analog stick is the same thing as the d-pad. No different. The RIGHT analog stick is the same thing as the analog stick on the Dreamcast. Why they swapped these is mind-boggling. I don't know how to submit a bug to DEET or d3t or Sega. Maybe someone else could?

You can submit bug here to Sega.

I think it's better for this bug to be shown rather than told:

Annoy Mark enough and he'll just completely detach from reality. He comes back to life when you raise the lift though.

1. If you don't raise the lift, you can drive the forklift forever.
2. If you raise the forklift during pm hours, the game will go back to normal (sounding the end of work siren if it's 5pm or later).
3. If you raise the forklift during am hours, the game will go back to the tutorial state, but will end at midday instead of 5pm, at which point you'll enter the lunch break cutscene of the first actual work day instead, skipping the first half of the work day (and the race); any crates you took into Warehouse No. 3 will not respawn after lunch, and you also won't be paid for them.
4. If you pick up a crate and keep moving, you won't be able to end the tutorial except by the timer reaching either midday or 5pm.
5. If you pick up a crate and don't move, you can continue the tutorial as if you didn't pick up a crate.
6. If you pick up Mark's crate and don't move, Mark does weird stuff with it and you're stuck with dodgy collision.
This is great. This is the type of stuff I hope never gets fixed.

Not sure if this is a bug, but just gruelled through the Ghost Hall Building on the Xbox, and it seemed extremely harsh, like I know this place was a nightmare, but I literally lost every single QTE without memorizing the order, and it's definitely not because i'm bad at QTE's cause I don't struggle at all usually, or on the QTE arcade machines etc, but for some reason the Ghost Hall Building, atleast on Xbox, literally gave no moment for thinking. If i wasn't pressing the buttons within about 0.75 seconds, it failed. Definitely less than 1 second reaction time for every single QTE, meant the only way I could pass a section was to memorize it.

Anyone else really struggle this time around?

PC (Steam),
1.03 (Beta 3)
Afterburner arcade game not registering as 'played' no matter how many times I play it; so I can't get the achievement
"To Be This Good Takes Ages"

Last edited:
My file is saved at F10 of the Ghost Hall Building and I'm not playing further until D3T fixes their messed up QTE response so I can cross the damn planks. My patience has hit the wall on this.

My file is saved at F10 of the Ghost Hall Building and I'm not playing further until D3T fixes their messed up QTE response so I can cross the damn planks. My patience has hit the wall on this.

strange I had no issues with the planks, you have to be super quick but they are doable. they are always the same pattern too so if you are struggling write them down so you know whats coming next. I only had issues with the final set of planks where I had to take a second try. I am on PC however, so if there are issues on another platform just ignore me.

Was this on Xbox One by any chance Jeff?

Not sure if this is a bug, but just gruelled through the Ghost Hall Building on the Xbox, and it seemed extremely harsh, like I know this place was a nightmare, but I literally lost every single QTE without memorizing the order, and it's definitely not because i'm bad at QTE's cause I don't struggle at all usually, or on the QTE arcade machines etc, but for some reason the Ghost Hall Building, atleast on Xbox, literally gave no moment for thinking. If i wasn't pressing the buttons within about 0.75 seconds, it failed. Definitely less than 1 second reaction time for every single QTE, meant the only way I could pass a section was to memorize it.

Anyone else really struggle this time around?

I am not completely up to date on the quotes from d3t, but did someone say that any issues on the Xbox would be carried over?

If so it's confusing, and worrying. The emulation script written for the 360 by Microsoft studios of the original Xbox game was poorly written, and could be seen most notably in the QTE sequences. They wouldn't register half of the time, or there was serious lag. I know d3t were working with some sort of original code, but I would be curious to see if this emulation script is some way still in existence within the new code for the re-releases.

I remember we had a staffer from d3t on the old boards. Man, I wish he was still around. But he probably got a rap on the knuckles speaking to fans directly, when it's kind of a no no when you have various legal, PR and promotional departments involved.

I'm curious why the clouds (skybox?) movement in Shenmue 1 is listed as WNF. It's ridiculously exaggerated compared to the DC original. Surely no one with working eyeballs actually thinks that the DC has the same issues there.

PS4. Push the buttons, nothing happens. Even happens on the home screen at the start. Dreadful.
Nasty. Did you restart the game? I played through the PS4 game but never had that issue.

I'm curious why the clouds (skybox?) movement in Shenmue 1 is listed as WNF. It's ridiculously exaggerated compared to the DC original. Surely no one with working eyeballs actually thinks that the DC has the same issues there.
Because behaviour presents in the original version are most likely not to be fixed due to the port it self having bigger issues to focus on. But if you really think that you should report it directly to SEGA it is fine, but to put in order more than 100 issues categorizing has to start at some point.

Because behaviour presents in the original version are most likely not to be fixed due to the port it self having bigger issues to focus on. But if you really think that you should report it directly to SEGA it is fine, but to put in order more than 100 issues categorizing has to start at some point.

Kyo, I made at least two posts about a bug or two and it never got updated to the list. I even made some confirmations that the bugs on one platform is also problematic on another (i.e. PS061 also existing on the Xbox platform). Ever going to add those?

Kyo, I made at least two posts about a bug or two and it never got updated to the list. I even made some confirmations that the bugs on one platform is also problematic on another (i.e. PS061 also existing on the Xbox platform). Ever going to add those?
I am having problems when updating the OP, I am retrying again, if you can post me here wich are they I will try to add them. I am still keeping a separated update with all the stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back