Not open for further replies.
Title: Ryo randomly attempts to quit playing Slots
Platform:
PS4
Title Version: 1.01
Category: Gameplay
Priority: Low
Reproduction Rate: 1/5
Observed Result: Ryo attempts to quit the game without user input.
Expected Result:
Ryo continues playing without interruption.

Title: Only one control method in Space Harrier (Also Hang-on but not as big of a deal)

Platform: Xbox One (Only tested here so far)

Title Version: 1.0.3

Category: Gameplay

Priority: High priority (for me and BlueMue anyways :p)

Reproduction Steps: Just play Space Harrier

Observed Result: All 3 control methods (Left analogue / right analogue / d-pad) all produce the control method where it constantly pulls you back to the middle of the screen, making it very difficult to control and almost impossible to advance through the stages. It seems like all 3 control options have been mapped to what the original analogue stick would normally do on Dreamcast.

Expected Result: On original Dreamcast, the d-pad allowed you to free move around the screen without constantly being pulled back to the middle, made it alot easier to play, atleast for me.

Well this is really gonna kill me.

Title: Cutscene immediately after finding Phoenix mirror camera issue

Platform: Xbox One

Title Version: 1.0.3

Category: Video

Priority: High priority - detrimental to the storyline for new players

Reproduction Steps: Not quite sure how to replicate, people seem to be getting this glitch at random cutscenes

Observed Result: Instead of Ryo speaking with Fuku-san in the dojo cutscene, the camera was stuck outside

Expected Result: Ryo and Fuku-san have a conversation where Fuku-san believe Ryo is possessed!

https://gfycat.com/ImpassionedDenseFlea

Not going to register anything at this point, as I haven't finished downloading the initial 1.01 update (very slow internet here in the boondocks), but I can say the first game I started, the menu background music sound stuck on when the game started...so it was playing behind the opening cutscene. A little odd and doesn't fit the opening scene of course.

So I restarted the game.

Left it at the menu until the Shenhua scene came on. The music was mixed much higher than Shenhua's voice, to the point that you can't hear what she's saying it's basically inaudible (and no subtitles by default I guess?). Started a new game. No "menu music" this time...but also no voice tracks at all. Super loud sound effects, but zero vocals.

Decided to close the game and wait till 1.01 finishes downloading, and see what it is like from there.

Personally, not terribly upset, as I have Dreamcast versions and working Dreamcasts...but sad that it was released in such a glitchy state for the sake of new fans. I'm sure most new fans are used to having to install updates though, and probably have faster internet than me. Hopefully it's a short term thing. But my initial experience seems much more glitchy than playing Shenmue II on Xbox 360 (which I rarely did, as I usually played my PAL Dreamcast version).

yeah thats probably just a problem when you start the HD release without any patches
because that missing voice track bug is new to me.

i didnt even start the game until both updates were ready.

Yeah, weird thing is the first time the voices were there, but second time they were gone. But yeah, I'll wait till it's downloaded and see how things go next time before I get too concerned.

EDIT: I'm a moron. Accidentally switched audio to text mode...so yeah, of course there were no voices...

Yeah, weird thing is the first time the voices were there, but second time they were gone. But yeah, I'll wait till it's downloaded and see how things go next time before I get too concerned.

you are on console i guess? physical version? it should be fine with the patches.

Not sure if this is a bug specific to Shenmue or not, but the “Xbox” button on my 360 controller didn’t seem to work on PC? I had the same issue initially with Yakuza 0 but then it seemed to start working on another playthrough.

Oh yeah, meant to say it's PS4 version.

With the download installed, so far I haven't really had any issues. Of course, I'm still just poking around the Hazuki residence (as I always do) - but the carrot cutscene triggered fine, voices are fine (even if I wish they were uncompressed - seems more obvious with cleaner visuals). No menu music carry-over, etc. No issues so far!

Hmm, maybe I should wait until some bugs are worked out to play? Pretty disappointed that they didn't get it clean for official release... don't want to feed any trolls.
Still a very happy day! Congratulations and thank you to everyone

Nearing the end of disc 1 content in shenmue 1 and the only bug I've noticed is sometimes the alarm doesn't have any sound when I wake up.

Playing on a PS4 pro.

PS4 there’s a lot of little sound bugs - like the selection pop up (press left or right) often doesn’t trigger a sound. The first strike from LanDi to Hazuki sensei played no sound effect for me.

Also the subtitles are wrong for the “man you killed in ....” - the name of the place is different but maybe that’s always been there. Always tended to play with subs off.

Also the bloom effect (especially in the intro cut scene) was on/off or up/down like a yoyo.

Nothing game breaking or experience ruining but just a little glitchy like it needs a patch really. I assume I’m up to date as I left it downloading over dinner and I’ve got a beefy net connection.

Not a bug so much as a feature request; having Dreamcast-style or Xbox/360 style QTE prompts. The Xbox One-style prompts when I play with a 360 controller on PC are way too dull (I assume it detects it's an XInput device and serves those button icons regardless of whether it's an Xbone controller or not). Having them larger and flashing with sound like on the Dreamcast would also help, or maybe have that as a toggle in the menu if other people prefer them quieter.

We should include the need for 16.9 cutscenes in our final report. If a single member can crack it in one day, im sure the developers can find a solution, especially with Esspiral making the method public.

Maybe it’s because it’s in HD, but I don’t remember skyboxes moving so unnaturally before.
I finally figured out the reason for this after playing for a while today, and it also explains why the widescreen codes for the Dreamcast version have the exact same behavior. The skybox in Shenmue 1 is completely faked. It's 2D. The movement speed of the skybox is fine in the original because the movement speed was optimized for that aspect ratio.

If you can find a side-by-side with the original game, you'll see that instead of extending the skybox from 4x3 to 16x9, it's stretched horizontally. To fix it they need to:
1. Properly extend the skybox for 16x9
2. Adjust the "rotation" speed (actually just scrolling the 2D image) to better match camera speed in 16x9.

Title: Skybox moves along with Ryo (Shenmue I)
Platform: PS4
Title Version: 1.01
Reproduction rate: 5/5
Category: Graphics
Priority: High
Observed Result: The skybox moves when you input a direction/move the camera around.
Expected Result: The skybox shouldn't move.

Reproduction Steps:

Just move around with Ryo/move the camera when you enter Yamanose, you'll see the skybox follow whatever direction you look/walk.
The shy box didn't move nearly that fast in the original . I started to notice it in the same section . It was such a distraction that i couldn't focus on the game .

I've noticed a glitch with an achievement. There's an achievement for practicing in the dojo. I've sparred with Fuku-San 3 times and practiced solo and the achievement will not pop. Also, with bloom turned on, the brightness seems to automatically, slowly, brighten and darken when you go to certain areas. It's a little distracting. I also had some trouble triggering the practice in the parking lot once. I had to leave the parking lot and re-enter it a couple of times for the game to decide to ask me if I wanted to practice.

Wow. on PC with a integrated graphics card, for what thats worth. No idea what went wrong here but its definitely the worst I have seen. Thoughts?

Clips I took from when I was playing a little bit ago. These are the first cutscenes that have messed up for me. The scene with Fuku-san right after finding the mirror, and the scene with Nozomi right after that, messed up in basically the same way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back