Subtitles Localization - thealx
Shenmunity: Shenmue in Unity - Fishbiter
Special K - Kaldaien (Steam)
Special K Mipmaps Pack - Kaldaien
"Walk Through Walls" Tool for Shenmue I & II Re-Release - Switch
wudecon - File/Model Converter for SM1/SM2 - LemonHaze
Shenmue 1/2 - Misc Tools v2.00 - for v1.07 - LemonHaze
Shenmue I HD Brazilian Portuguese (pt-br) Translation (PC) - PreacherOfHell
pvr-toolspack-extract'n'convert - cptPauer (Nexus)

Textures (Shenmue I)
HD Environmental Texture Overhaul - Drogean (Nexus)
Shenmue HD: The retexturing project - Streamer (Progress Blog)
Revert to Original Textures - Raymonf
Shenmue HD Texture Mods - Hazuki_san
Hazuki Residence Interior HD Textures - jasonorme666 (Nexus)
HD Ryo Outfit - Drogean (Nexus)
HD Coke Machine - Drogean (Nexus)
Dobuita New Face - HD Texture - Hope3090 (Nexus)
HD Ryo Face and Hair - Drogean (Nexus)
HD Skybox for Shenmue I - NeoShredder
Ine-San HD - jasonorme666 (Nexus)
Dualshock 4 Icons on PC - Raymonf
Hazuki Dojo HD Textures - Motokeiru (Nexus)
Upscaled Passport Jacket -GEO9875 (Nexus)
ShenmueTree's Blue Denim Jacket - ShenmueTree (Nexus)
Ryo Black Jacket - UziBoxx (Nexus)
HD Notebook - Nex-Plex-whaes (Nexus)
Shenmue I Textures and Ryo Clothes - Forklift Mod - Streamer2k (Nexus)

Textures (Shenmue II)
HD Environmental Texture Overhaul - Drogean (Nexus)
Ryo HD Jacket - Drogean (Nexus)
HD Jeans - Drogean (Nexus)
HD Xiuying Hong - Drogean (Nexus)
Japanese Teenager Jacket - Omnimatic (Nexus)
Punisher Ryo - Omnimatic (Nexus)

Reshade Presets
ICBINE Hazuki Edition - ElSopa (Nexus)
Realistic lighting for Shenmue - Fabiusco (Nexus)
Suburbia Tristesse - the High Dynamic Range overhaul - SirSims (Nexus)
Tenebra Shenmue ReShade Preset - a6n0rma1 (Nexus)
Shenmue HD - The Just Enough Reshade - TempoFunktron (Nexus)

Sound
Shenmue Audio Restoration Project - Dewey
STFU Memobook Music Mod - Drogean (Nexus)
Higher Quality Audio for the Launcher - GYO6161
Dreamcast Music Replacement for Shenmue 2 - Sappharad

Check out our step by step modding guide for installation instructions:

Update December 2020 video

That should be most of them! Let me know if I've missed anything or if there's something you'd like me to add to the list. Thanks!​

Last edited by a moderator:
Your "Random HD Textures - Hope3090 (Nexus)" link directs to Steam, not the Nexus.

In a month or so's time it'd be awesome to have one super "Shenmue Fan Mod". Playing Shenmue with them + patches will be the definitive experience!

In a month or so's time it'd be awesome to have one super "Shenmue Fan Mod". Playing Shenmue with them + patches will be the definitive experience!
I'm really excited. I'm gonna platinum this glitchy PS4 version but after that it's strictly PC for me...

I installed the mods to my cracked copy of Shenmue (don't have money to buy, unfornately. It's R$109.99), and I'm getting the "internal error 0x0D: Interface not found: SteamUser023!". How can I solve it? I want to test the mods...

Oh, and... where can I find my saved games? I searched but couldn't find it. Thanks!

I installed the mods to my cracked copy of Shenmue (don't have money to buy, unfornately. It's R$109.99), and I'm getting the "internal error 0x0D: Interface not found: SteamUser023!". How can I solve it? I want to test the mods...

Oh, and... where can I find my saved games? I searched but couldn't find it. Thanks!
You'll run into all sorts of issues with a cracked copy so we can't really help you there. The ultimate solution would be to buy a legitimate copy of the game when you're able to.

Kaldaien's SpecialK may be the reason why that happens.
And often times mods rely on fixed memory pointers which will differ between a cracked and original version of the game.
You can play the cracked game and even use some of the mods, but you'll have to accept the hard fact that @Jibby pointed out, which is that 99% of the modding is done on and for legit copies, not actively against piracy, it's just the way things are, and will run into issues when applied to a cracked version or even the wrong patch. If you can't afford the game by yourself, try to get friends on board and buy the game and then use Steam Family Sharing.

Rule of thumb: if you use a cracked version of any PC game and run into issues that you think are being caused by its crack, always search for answers at **Link Removed**. People from official forums will most likely never know how to help you since they generally don't deal with cracked games.

And remember to buy this game if you enjoy it, Shenmue really needs your support.

**Please no linking to piracy sites**

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of months before Shenmue 3 comes out, I’ll probably buy the Steam version, then install all the latest mods to make it the best possible experience.

Have you installed the updates? Personally ive never had any issues running mods on any cracked game despite the warnings from others on here, BUT this release from reading certain cracking disscussion sites, it seems sega/d3t completely changed the file structure between updates/versions.

May be where youre issues come from.

Will be doing a big overhaul to the list soon to add in any new/missing mods.

I've added a bunch of mods to the list. That should cover most of them, but as always let me know if there's anything I've overlooked.

Back