Shenmue I & II Mod Database

Hi, tell me guys, do all the manipulations with graphics work on the pirated version of the game?

Hi, tell me guys, do all the manipulations with graphics work on the pirated version of the game?
Hey, we can't help you with pirated versions of the game.

Views on piracy aside, the fact is cracked versions can behave differently to legitimate versions of the game. The best way to find out is to try and see, but we can't offer any support.

Your username speaks volumes NOOBZ. If you can figure it out good for you, but this site isn't intended to delve into cracked copies at all.

With that said, I got a message back from Drogean after some weeks saying it's ok to share this file, in quite a simple manner.
All this does is flip round Ryou's patch on the front of his jacket, since the flags are upside down and he just looks silly.
This still needs Specail K to work, since I havn't worked out how to use the "SDtexture Override" LemonHaze mentioned but anyone is willing to give it try on my behalve.
Just extract these files to the main top install folder of Shenmue and you should be good to go

Attachments

• FlippyWippy Patch Fixy.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
Your username speaks volumes NOOBZ. If you can figure it out good for you, but this site isn't intended to delve into cracked copies at all.

With that said, I got a message back from Drogean after some weeks saying it's ok to share this file, in quite a simple manner.
All this does is flip round Ryou's patch on the front of his jacket, since the flags are upside down and he just looks silly.
This still needs Specail K to work, since I havn't worked out how to use the "SDtexture Override" LemonHaze mentioned but anyone is willing to give it try on my behalve.
Just extract these files to the main top install folder of Shenmue and you should be good to go

Ok, I'll try thanks, and hello to you from Russia)))

Please refrain from using SpecialK, it is not worth the hassle and is incompatible with any other platforms. I have already provided a guide which allows you to create your own mods, it is very easy to do.

Most mods are already converted.

Please refrain from using SpecialK, it is not worth the hassle and is incompatible with any other platforms. I have already provided a guide which allows you to create your own mods, it is very easy to do.

Sure it's been something I've been meaning to do, but haven't fully digestied it amongst other projects I've been working on. Not to sherk it onto others, yet wanted to provide something that I've been sitting on for weeks.

Most mods are already converted.
Really? you got a link?

Where is that guide?
Is this what you talking about?
https://github.com/Shenmue-Mods/ShenmueDKSharp

Sure it's been something I've been meaning to do, but haven't fully digestied it amongst other projects I've been working on. Not to sherk it onto others, yet wanted to provide something that I've been sitting on for weeks.

Really? you got a link?

Well, Streamer2k's texture replacements are now converted, here. And the majority of other mods are using Forklift, so no conversion necessary.

Big thank you to @Peter for video and all those that created the tools/utilities.

So I followed the mod video to a T and downloaded all required utilities and mods as outlined in the video. I am having issues.

- I am experiencing multiple crashes in Shenmue 1. This appears to reoccur during random times during free battles. I’ve had 4 freezes at penultimate fight after riding to harbour, which is making me repeat whole section and fight again as there’s no way to save. Any ideas?

- Due to frustration with aforementioned issues I booted up Shenmue 2 and noted Joys face was partially black during some early cutscenes

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Big thank you to @Peter for video and all those that created the tools/utilities.

So I followed the mod video to a T and downloaded all required utilities and mods as outlined in the video. I am having issues.

- I am experiencing multiple crashes in Shenmue 1. This appears to reoccur during random times during free battles. I’ve had 4 freezes at penultimate fight after riding to harbour, which is making me repeat whole section and fight again as there’s no way to save. Any ideas?

- Due to frustration with aforementioned issues I booted up Shenmue 2 and noted Joys face was partially black during some early cutscenes

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Unfortunately the first issue... ive never encountered or heard of anyone else experiencing it. So the whole game runs ok with mods until then?

The second issue is a drawback from using Special K. Unfortunately the game will have a lot of black textures, and the only way to solve this is to play though the game once, encountering as many textures as you can, so that they are stored in your local cache. For example, if you have black textures in the opening cutscenes, or Workers Pier etc, quit the game and the next time you play that area, all of the black textures you seen will now be ok.

I am not sure if work had begun on injecting the texture mods directly through Forklift and bypassing Special K entirely. I know it exists, but I am not sure its public yet.

Unfortunately the first issue... ive never encountered or heard of anyone else experiencing it. So the whole game runs ok with mods until then?

The second issue is a drawback from using Special K. Unfortunately the game will have a lot of black textures, and the only way to solve this is to play though the game once, encountering as many textures as you can, so that they are stored in your local cache. For example, if you have black textures in the opening cutscenes, or Workers Pier etc, quit the game and the next time you play that area, all of the black textures you seen will now be ok.

I am not sure if work had begun on injecting the texture mods directly through Forklift and bypassing Special K entirely. I know it exists, but I am not sure its public yet.

Hey Peter, thanks for your reply.

I should note I am using shadow.tech to play this but I don’t believe it has anything to do with this as all the crashes have appeared during free battle (day 2 at harbour, fight with Charlie behind warehouse 17, 70 man battle) except one freeze during motorbike ride to harbour to save Nozomi. I hear metal gear solid alert noise and then game exe closes. Reading online this is from kaldaien. I am wondering if I should delete or reinstall anything associated with that.

Thanks, I noticed replaying opening all Joy textures are properly displaying now, so it’s certainly a cache issue.

Edit: so I couldn’t bare to play through Shenmue 2 without completed save. So I followed these instructions; https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3352-RYON-4107&l=english and running steam launcher as administrator allowed me to finish 70man battle and chai fight with no crashing. So perhaps this resolved issue?

Last edited:
except one freeze during motorbike ride to harbour to save Nozomi

It's worth noting that this is a common crash spot even in the vanilla game, to the extent that it's impossible to play from beginning to end without saving, quitting, and reloading at some point, as otherwise it's guaranteed to crash here.

Hello, seeing textures upscaling in progress is great and thank to modders that does it.

About game system I saw hack/cheat to change ryo location, time, add capsule, etc.
So since I replay again now I was thinking if others things could be lock or unlock in the code ?

I use the camera a lot and one of its reset state bug me, so I would like to find how to change it :
If the camera is behind ryo during the last shot of any scene, it transition smoothly to the stick position. V
If the camera is not behind ryo during the last shot of any scene (minus exception), it reset straight back. X
Also, the stick rotation for the battle camera could be quicker, minimum x2.

Can anyone tell me when using Special K mod for Shenmue I HD. Whenever I use the steam in-game screenshot, everything has this smudge black color to it?

Playing it on screen is fine and is working as intended, but as for screenshots. It captures this instead. I'm not sure if this is the same with everyone.

I am using this with Streamer2K Textures mod which uses the old version of Special K mod (v0.10). I'm not sure if this is a problem with the latest Special K (v0.9) or it conflicts with Streamer2k textures.

nexusmods.com/shenmue/mods/27

Latest Special K Mod (Kaldaien)

First 4 images are in-game steam screenshots, while the rest are the ones that I actually see while playing in-game. I just want a proper in-game screenshots because it doesn't do this justice.

Attachments

• 20191026050521_1.jpg
    20191026050521_1.jpg
    659.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20191027203118_1.jpg
    20191027203118_1.jpg
    638.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 20191111234051_1.jpg
    20191111234051_1.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 20191112000533_1.jpg
    20191112000533_1.jpg
    584.7 KB · Views: 12
  • photo_2019-10-12_22-54-16.jpg
    photo_2019-10-12_22-54-16.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 12
  • photo_2019-10-12_22-54-16 (2).jpg
    photo_2019-10-12_22-54-16 (2).jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 13
  • photo_2019-10-12_22-54-16 (3).jpg
    photo_2019-10-12_22-54-16 (3).jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 14
  • photo_2019-10-12_22-54-17 (2).jpg
    photo_2019-10-12_22-54-17 (2).jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 12
  • photo_2019-10-12_22-54-17 (3).jpg
    photo_2019-10-12_22-54-17 (3).jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 12
  • photo_2019-10-12_22-54-17 (4).jpg
    photo_2019-10-12_22-54-17 (4).jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 11
  • photo_2019-10-12_22-54-17 (5).jpg
    photo_2019-10-12_22-54-17 (5).jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 12
  • photo_2019-10-12_22-54-17.jpg
    photo_2019-10-12_22-54-17.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 12
Damn, the more I look into the replies. I kind of wish I used the convertable mods and instead of just relying on Special K due to some issues in the newer version. Though Special K does solved some issues, while introducing new ones.

I am using the old Special K version anyways (0.10). Which is much more stable per Streamer's words.

Question: why doesn't the game start when I use Special K? I only copied the files to the game folder. This does not start. To start the game, I have to eliminate all the Special K files. How can I solve this problem?

Question: why doesn't the game start when I use Special K? I only copied the files to the game folder. This does not start. To start the game, I have to eliminate all the Special K files. How can I solve this problem?
Try to delete tex folder too.

Back