Shenmue II - Izumi harder?

I'm not entirely sure why but I really had a hard time passing the qte's it seemed like some of the presses simply didn't register on ps4 , took me about 20+ tries to get her down. Was entirely worth it since I won a duck race after with an 500 dollar bet and instantly relieved me of my frustration.

She just blocks 95% of the attacks now and spams the back flip kick.

And when ever you counter the qte she does a grab right after.
Dodge to her side and attack when she's still in her combo, yeah her kicks are real annoying. Eileen was easy because of her punches, I just swallow flipped her every time she started to punch.

Dodge to her side and attack when she's still in her combo, yeah her kicks are real annoying. Eileen was easy because of her punches, I just swallow flipped her every time she started to punch.

Yeah that's always been my technique but it's harder now. As I said she spams the qte and often comes out inn a better position than Ryo even when you hit the buttons.

Health seems to last longer as well.

This was the first time EVER, that I beat Izumi on the first try and my orbs never went below half.

Maybe I'm just getting really good at fighting now, when I sucked for so many years lol.

I haven't lost a fight in the game, and the first time fighting Izumi she was almost untouchable.
After losing, the second fight was a piece of cake.
I think I only did the QTE good one time.

I never had a problem with Izumi as long as I spam the Y button and counter with the Elbow Assault, but then again I do this with everyone plus Dou Niu. Even before then, I never found her hard except for the QTEs at first.

Last edited:
I'm getting my ass handed to me every time, so it's good to see smn else had to put in 20 tries! I just can't seem to find a good move this time (PS4), and I can't dodge well enough as she breaks through so many times.

Holy shit, this is fight is BY FAR the most annoying in both Shenmue games.

I'm doing the duck race quest for the first time and I'm really getting on my nerves with Izumi. She spams that supermove every time and that countering QTE is almost impossible to understand or hit in proper time. Chai in the You Arcade is a bliss next to this match.

I genuinely do not understand what people find so difficult about Izumi. It's enough to just spam X to keep punching her, and do the QTEs. And I can understand how you can fail the QTE the first few times, but it's exactly the same every time, so it should be pretty clear after a couple of attempts that it's X+B, Y+A.

I wouldn't even put her in the top 5 hardest fights in Shenmue. I've lost to Rod Stunt more often than I've lost to Izumi.

It was always her QTE that tripped me up. For whatever reason I could never see it clearly.

I beat her first try no problem, but I did notice she spammed her QTE a lot more than normal and sometimes I failed it despite pressing the right buttons... That seems to happen with a lot of QTEs though in the version. I'm failing more now on PS4 than I ever did even on my first try on Dreamcast... Even the really easy ones when escaping while handcuffed to Ren gave me some shit...

Personally I've never had any issues with the Arcade fights. My first try I definitely failed a couple times on each girl but they weren't that bad. The worst fight for me is Greg since he's always throwing me out of the ring or I fall out from doing something stupid...

@DigitalDuck really? I got him second try, though that might be luck.

Key for me was to dodge then attack a double (not a triple (!) though it is hard not to keep punching that button, a triple will usually miss the mark and then leave you vulnerable and ready for a QTE or a "magical" throw out of the ring...) I found Izumi harder, though others after might have felt easier cause I actually paid mind to when to do what. Never really got it 16 years ago as it was all "freak out! Punch every button! Aaaargh!" :ROFLMAO: As my dismal memories of Dou Niu fight taking fifty tries will testify to... and Baihu. Damn Baihu.

I genuinely do not understand what people find so difficult about Izumi. It's enough to just spam X to keep punching her, and do the QTEs. And I can understand how you can fail the QTE the first few times, but it's exactly the same every time, so it should be pretty clear after a couple of attempts that it's X+B, Y+A.

I wouldn't even put her in the top 5 hardest fights in Shenmue. I've lost to Rod Stunt more often than I've lost to Izumi.
Guess I was so pissed losing the fight for many consecutive times that I had not paid enough attention to the QTE. After your help, I´ve managed to beat her pretty easily as I countered that QTE almost every time! hahahahaha

Thanks for the tip!

I just beeting her to me it seems the same difficulty as in dreamcast

Back