Shenmue II Notebook Guide Errors (possibly)

Favourite title
Shenmue
I am going for 100% Notebook completion using this guide

I have just arrived in Kowloon and instead of continuing with the story, I am trying to get all of the Money Information entries out of the way first. The problem is that following the guide isn't giving me certain entries.

Here are the ones I am struggling with

PAGE 253:

Thousand White Qr.
HOW TO GET:
Speak to Congo, standing outside the Thousand White Building, about a "Part-time Job".

I have tried speaking to him about a part time job multiple times and the entry is never revealed. The only notebook entry he reveals is the first one on the next page. You can try it in different order like talking to Cool Z to get him to reveal the entry on the next page and then speaking to Congo about a part time job, but it still doesn't unlock this entry.

PAGE 258:

→ 10F
HOW TO GET:
Speak to Hai Zi Jie, the Lucky Hit Stand owner on the 10th Floor of the Moon Child Building in the Stand Quarter, about a "Gambling"

PAGE 264 :

→ 10F
HOW TO GET:
Speak to Hai Zi Jie, the Lucky Hit Stand owner on the 10th Floor of the Moon Child Building in the Stand Quarter, about a "Gambling".

The exact same entries for two different pages. The problem is, speaking to him only unlocks the entry on page 264, speaking to him again does nothing. To be honest, all of the entries on page 258 and 264 are confusing. Some of the entries on Page 258 can only be unlocked after a certain part of the game passes, so does that mean I shouldn't touch the entries on page 264 until I have unlocked the entries on page 258? or should I unlock the 264 entries first and then go for the 258 entries after progressing in the story? I'm not sure what to do.

PAGE 267 :

By Ghost Hall
SmallDragon Garden

HOW TO GET:
Speak to Julios Santos, standing watching fight in the Thousand White Quarter, about "Gambling".

Speaking to him only reveals the entry on page 266
*Street Fighting
Thousand White Qr.

No matter what, I can't get him to reveal the entry on page 267. I have even tried talking to somebody else to get the entry on page 266 to unlock and then return to this guy to reveal the entry on page 267, but nothing works.

The entry on page 253 is definitely wrong in the guide. Speaking to Congo about a part time job doesn't unlock it, you need to speak to the lucky hit stand owner next to the entrance to the Stand qte about a part time job.

I'm still working on the other ones.

Last edited:
Finally got the entry for page 267! The guide is incorrect.

Asking Julios Santos about gambling does nothing, you need to wait until you get to the part of the story about the 3 street fighters.

When you have photos of the 3 street fighters, go to the Thousand White qtr and talk to any NPC about the 3 street fighters, eventually one of them will mention the Ghost Hall building. This will unlock half of the entry. For the second part of the entry, go to the Stand qtr and again, you need to talk to random NPC's about the 3 street fighters, eventually one of them will mention the Small Dragon Garden.

Now all I need is the entry on page 258. I have no idea how to get it though.

Last edited:
Back