Shenmue III - ALL THE FACTS AND INFORMATION (as of 20/03/2019)

I have to say it's hilarious that we've been saying Shenhua doesn't look authentic and looks like a different character altogether while a certain subset of fans foamed at the mouth yelling at us saying how wrong we were... and now Yu Suzuki confirms they changed her character lmfao...
YS seperating the men from the boys!

Some new details were recently revealed:

There will be 481 unique NPCs(Personal Note: this may be half as many as the amount found in Shenmue 2, but from what I know about the town design in 3, this should be plenty to properly populate each area)

140 shops(lol that's a lot of damn shops)

and

20+ side quests(personal note: This is a rather big deal, side quests, not to be confused with min games, tend to be very involving to say the least)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvmUUgfpodE

I never heard of this youtuber before, but he's reading it off of a IGN Japan article.

Last edited:
Hey, everyone. Long time no see. Just a quick update regarding the thread: as you can see, the last update was over two months ago. This is not due to negligence or laziness - not that any such accusation were ever made - but life started to become really fucking busy around that time, so I had no free time to keep up with all the latest information, let alone dedicate time to scouring for everything and everything and collating it for the thread.

Thankfully, things have started to calm down on my end, but now for the bad news: seeing as the game is coming out in just over six weeks and people have been doing just fine in keeping up to date with all the latest news and information, I have made the decision to no longer update the thread.

My most sincere apologies if this comes as a letdown, but, I hope my decision is understandable. If the mods see fit to un-sticky or delete the thread entirely, that would be just fine.

Happy to be back for regular posting ?

Personally I don't understand the hate about Shenhua looking different. I barely notice or even care. Ryo on the other hand looks very different to me and it takes some getting used to.

Totally understandable @ShenGCH , thanks so much for all the hard work! Your list is a great reference to have and definitely one of my favourite community contributions to have on the site.

We will keep it stickied as it's still a useful resource, but I'll update the "THUS FAR" in the title to reflect the last update.

Hi, can anyone say if the performance from the trial will be different from the main game? like, the demo worked for me but the main game, since it has more Gigabytes, might not work at all?

Hi, can anyone say if the performance from the trial will be different from the main game? like, the demo worked for me but the main game, since it has more Gigabytes, might not work at all?
Performance for the main game will be very similar to that of the trial. The main game will be larger in file size, but that will not affect the performance of the game at all (just the download/install time). If you could run the demo (and providing you have the hard drive space to install the game) then you will be fine. You might have a slightly lower frame rate in the larger towns in comparison to the smaller village in the demo etc, but if you're happy with how the demo ran, then you are good to go.
There could likely be a increase in performance as there might well be some performance optimisations as well, so it might even run better than the demo. Time will tell :D

Back