Shenmue III Complete collectors edition

With 878 copies left to sell this isn't a good look. Most LRG runs sell out within the same day let alone a week. Nevertheless there is still a market for Shenmue just not a huge one. 300k -500k is still great though.

With 878 copies left to sell this isn't a good look. Most LRG runs sell out within the same day let alone a week. Nevertheless there is still a market for Shenmue just not a huge one. 300k -500k is still great though.
I'm actually a bit surprised that there are only 878 left out of the 3,000 in such a short amount of time considering that it as been a year since the release of Shenmue 3 and having prior sold out another Limited Run collectors edition and also a kickstarter where the majoraty of the fans also pledged for a collectors edition.
I dare say not bad; not bad at all.

Could've been better but I'm not surprised. People's reaction was pretty clear: "Wtf, another collector? But you've already released one last year! Price of the game already dropped and this version cost more than the original collector. I'll pass!"

So yeah, 2000+ copies sold is already a great thing!

ShenmueCE_460x.png7119860.png

I just realised that the big box cover art is a homage to Shenmue 1's box art.

Notice the identical positions of Shenhua, Ryo and Lan Di, the dragon & phoenix design, and the blue background (Yokosuka & Niaowu).

Could it be down to LRG being a bit... meh, in regards to fulfilment recently perhaps?
Did they even ship out those Space Channel 5 and Panzer Dragoon physical copies or are those still in manufacturing?

I looked up that Dragoon edition. They've got a disclaimer that they will only ship it when all your other orders are ready to ship.

Were people aware of that when they put in their pre-orders?

Production Status: In-Hand
This item will only ship when ALL ITEMS in your order are ready to ship. Please check the production status of other items in your order if it has not shipped yet.

Could it be down to LRG being a bit... meh, in regards to fulfilment recently perhaps?
Did they even ship out those Space Channel 5 and Panzer Dragoon physical copies or are those still in manufacturing?
Still haven't gotten my Panzer Dragoon. Mine is the (I think) Classic Edition, which has the Saturn case.

Oh man that's right, I totally forgot about this game since I don't have VR. I didn't realize it was almost like a part 3 (nvm, it does legitimately seem like a smaller side game even compared to the first. still want it tho) made by many of the original devs from Sega! I wonder what kind of great VR deals from black friday/cyber monday I missed now that I know this...

Last edited:
Dude, I'm still waiting for my Streets of Rage 4 special/whatever/edition from LRG. It's safe to say they have a fulfillment problem.

And @Thomasina , I totally agree with you. The Shenmue 3 collector version has its charm....but it's too fucking expensive. Needs to be $50 cheaper, or at least feature free shipping or something.

I bought both collector's editions because I love the franchise like all of you here but yeah, the price is a bit steep when you factor in that the majority of the items are paper goods. I definitely feel the first collector's edition came with cooler stuff and was $50 cheaper to boot.

I don't regret my purchase but yeah, definitely seems priced a bit too high for what it is.

I definitely feel the first collector's edition came with cooler stuff and was $50 cheaper to boot.
The game was also new too. At this point I already own 4 copies of the PS4 version, then bought it on Steam.

I'm open to new merch but it might be best to just focus on making really nice stuff instead of packing it in with the game as a collector's edition.

I agree that the price is to high but I'm addicted to Shenmue merchandise. The Chobu/Bailu Chan figures and the Golden Goose VIP card are a must have for me. I wish Sega or YsNet would step it up on the merchandise.
Issue with this sorta stuff is it needs permission from the licence holder to go ahead and they likely take a cut. So Sega will have made money off of this.

So unless YSNET market their own IP within Shenmue III IE Chobu Chan they're never going to see full return on it.

That said any merch that is bought is a further sale for the franchise. They do need to start the push to Shenmue 4 now though.

I agree that the price is to high but I'm addicted to Shenmue merchandise. The Chobu/Bailu Chan figures and the Golden Goose VIP card are a must have for me. I wish Sega or YsNet would step it up on the merchandise.

That's basically the main reason I got it; Chobu Chan? Hell yes.

I actually ordered this primarily for the extras, because they are way above what was in the first one, I feel. The die cast sword of seven stars replica is a pretty big cost adder, and the main reason for my excitement about it (along with the chobu/hakka chan figures).

Outside of the three main extra items in the release CE (which were pretty inexpensive items to make, to begin with), all it had was stickers. Quality printed posters of all the main characters, map, and greeting card are more valuable to me. Not to mention the box.

I think the worst thing about it is just the timing with the Shenmue soundtrack vinyl collections (and this year we're having).

Anyway, I really think some might be sleeping on that sword of seven stars replica.

Back