Shenmue III Complete collectors edition

They're stuck between a rock and hard place. If they're more open, all they can say will be "Covid delayed til at least August" which might open another can of worms from impatient customers (when the reason really should be obvious)

The day job has been a nightmare for me with exact issue; we had planned a Q2/May 2021 product launch, but now pushed back til at least August; although even Q3 might slip because we don't know if we'll get hit with another logistics or manufacture delay.

They're stuck between a rock and hard place. If they're more open, all they can say will be "Covid delayed til at least August" which might open another can of worms from impatient customers (when the reason really should be obvious)

The day job has been a nightmare for me with exact issue; we had planned a Q2/May 2021 product launch, but now pushed back til at least August; although even Q3 might slip because we don't know if we'll get hit with another logistics or manufacture delay.
I get where you’re coming from, but when you take people’s money (particularly when the products they’re paying for are marked up as highly as they are), I do think they deserve to be kept in the loop whether the reasons behind the delay are obvious or not.

Maybe people will be a little annoyed, but I’d wager not half as annoyed as some of them already are at being left in the dark and having to go out of their way to find out why a product that has been bought and paid for isn’t going to be delivered by the promised date. It’s unprofessional, and a bit of a slap in the face to those who’ve shelled out hundreds of dollars.

It doesn't help that there very few vinyl pressing plants in the world and the major labels/record store day creates a huge backlog. A small record label I follow was told there was a 9 month wait to press a record...that's insane. (EDIT - I wrote this prior to reading the LR comment, so good to see we're on the same page!)

As for Limited Run; I can appreciate delays. What I don't appreciate is taking my money upfront and not keeping us in the loop. Their refund policy is absolute bollocks. I demanded a refund for Streets of Rage 4 and Panzer Dragoon for the Switch when I realised the former was getting a general release and the latter had a PS4 port (I still don't own a Switch) and they relented, but told me it was a one-time deal. Their FOMO methodology is really shit; do I take the hit and run the risk of a game coming out on another platform down the line or pay jacked up prices on eBay if it doesn't work out?

I will give LR the benefit of the doubt for now, but the fact they are releasing and announcing new product EVERY WEEK sugggests that they're not the little guy anymore; they really should be held to account. Quite frankly, if I could avoid buying from them I would. In the UK, Funstock have been releasing stuff that Limited Run have (Astro City mini, the Mega Man cartridge reprint), so I guess that's something of a comfort.

Record Store Day is a disaster for producing records. That is a very good point. It backs up all the factories. Many, many bands are having huge issues getting vinyl out there in time.

It doesn't help that there very few vinyl pressing plants in the world and the major labels/record store day creates a huge backlog. A small record label I follow was told there was a 9 month wait to press a record...that's insane. (EDIT - I wrote this prior to reading the LR comment, so good to see we're on the same page!)

As for Limited Run; I can appreciate delays. What I don't appreciate is taking my money upfront and not keeping us in the loop. Their refund policy is absolute bollocks. I demanded a refund for Streets of Rage 4 and Panzer Dragoon for the Switch when I realised the former was getting a general release and the latter had a PS4 port (I still don't own a Switch) and they relented, but told me it was a one-time deal. Their FOMO methodology is really shit; do I take the hit and run the risk of a game coming out on another platform down the line or pay jacked up prices on eBay if it doesn't work out?

I will give LR the benefit of the doubt for now, but the fact they are releasing and announcing new product EVERY WEEK sugggests that they're not the little guy anymore; they really should be held to account. Quite frankly, if I could avoid buying from them I would. In the UK, Funstock have been releasing stuff that Limited Run have (Astro City mini, the Mega Man cartridge reprint), so I guess that's something of a comfort.
Funstock have some really good editions of their own as well.

Funstock have some really good editions of their own as well.
I've pre-ordered the Evercade VS - incredible value! I ought to get the original while I think about it too...

Would have been nice to receive that in an email. I don't exactly visit lrg.com regularly to know they have a "news" page.

I'm not pissed off or anything, just been looking forward to receiving these items.

Upon reading that, that notice should be posted on any vinyl pre-orders they put live. Most of those issues are not related to covid.

Seems like the latter half of the year has some Shenmue related weight behind it. Let's hope there are combined efforts to gain a bit of momentum towards some sort of IV announcement.
What do you mean?

Do you have any info ? Any rumors ?? :)

Because i don't see any plan for shenmue for 2021
The anime is plan for 2022 no ?

Well no, I am just being optimistic:

We should get some anime news next month at the Crunchy Roll event.
The Shenmue III vinyl collection is due to ship in the coming months.
Sega Tubbs Ryo edition due to ship in the coming months.
Wayo music box due to ship in the coming months.
Limited collectors edition due to ship in the coming months.
2 year anniversary of the release of Shenmue III in November.
YSNET are still working (to what extent we don't know), and 2 years is a long time.

Well no, I am just being optimistic:

We should get some anime news next month at the Crunchy Roll event.
The Shenmue III vinyl collection is due to ship in the coming months.
Sega Tubbs Ryo edition due to ship in the coming months.
Wayo music box due to ship in the coming months.
Limited collectors edition due to ship in the coming months.
2 year anniversary of the release of Shenmue III in November.
YSNET are still working (to what extent we don't know), and 2 years is a long time.
ok thanks for your answer :)

I will be optimistic too :)

The only reason I don’t think this is part of a coordinated effort is that it is an already sold product that (if I remember correctly) they’ve collected money for, so they are really just frustrating the buyers. If it was an upcoming product not already sold out, I’d believe the delay was related to marketing.

I don't think this is any collaborative build up to anything. In the instance of lrg, it's delays. The other stuff is just the continuation of milking Shenmue fans for as much money as possible.

It's funny. The other day my No More Heroes bundle from LRG was shipped to me and I thought "Wait... didn't I buy a Shenmue 3 collection as well? What happened to that?"

Thanks for the info, everyone

Any word on the Shenmue III vinyls? I actually forgot I had it ordered through LRG until going through my emails the other day

Speaking of going through emails, I'm going through mine now and seeing that I ordered my copy of Shenmue Complete on Nov 20. We are approaching a year pretty quickly here.

When this stuff finally ships I'll be having a bunch of big boxes arriving. I got the Complete, one of the vinyl sets, and the cds. Plus I've got the music box coming too.

Back