Shenmue III Complete collectors edition

Speaking of going through emails, I'm going through mine now and seeing that I ordered my copy of Shenmue Complete on Nov 20. We are approaching a year pretty quickly here.

When this stuff finally ships I'll be having a bunch of big boxes arriving. I got the Complete, one of the vinyl sets, and the cds. Plus I've got the music box coming too.
I'm waiting for my wife to realise how much stuff is actually coming. I've tactically under-estimated the amount so when it arrives its too late haha

Asked The Limited Run Games Twitter and both the co-owners of the company and this is what they had to say.

View attachment 12969

So crossing my fingers for sometime in the next 3 months.
Thanks for the update mate.

“Unreasonably difficult to get the game disc approved with all the content present”

Hmmm, I wonder what the deal with that is.

Did they not say anything about it in September? Aside from tweets which is obviously a no.
They didn’t send out any kind of email as far as I’m aware. I certainly didn’t get one, and the tweet pretty much confirms it.

edit: if it arrives in time for Christmas, that would be great. I’ll just treat it like a present.

Shouldn't they have gotten the disc approved before they started production? 🙃

Thanks for the update mate.

“Unreasonably difficult to get the game disc approved with all the content present”

Hmmm, I wonder what the deal with that is.
I'm going to add a little spoiler into this. I've interviewed Josh, who is a really sound guy, and he said they've had real issues with getting the disc through Sony's approval lines. It's taken months and months. The LP sets are coming from the EU and they're nearly there in terms of getting them to the USA. He hopes they will have them in a few weeks as of today.

I just wish they'd be open about it. Just tell us. Better than saying nothing. Then letting arbitrary deadlines pass without saying a word. Really unprofessional, in my opinion.
I get that they're probably scared of people getting upset if they announce a delay, but this way of handling things has people getting upset over a delay AND upset that they were left in the dark for so long. I'm not an expert in PR, but I feel like it would've been better to say something last month about missing their August shipment because of approval issues rather than let it come out like this. And that's aside from the fact that enthusiasts are generally WAY more accepting of delays than they are of sparse communication.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be negative or call on people to grab their pitchforks, it's just annoying seeing them continually make this same mistake over and over when it would be really easy to fix.

If you're not accustomed to both tech and freight shipping delays in covid yet, I don't know what to tell ya. The economic/labour/logistical nightmares are very real as the virus itself.

Patience is a virtua--err virtue :D

Perhaps I'm naive but how can you sell a product that hasn't even been given the greenlight by everyone involved? Shenmue 3 has been out for 2 years now, how is it a problem to have the dlc on the disc?
So the first issue was having the data on 1 blu-ray. They went to 2 and then thats where my information stops. They probably didn't anticipate the issues with Sony.

I don't know but the only green light They needed, in order to getting the thing moving was from Deep Silver + YSNET the Sony issue was never a consideration until they hit it. I'm not sure if this has happened on other titles or not for them.

Thanks for the update. I can't say i'm keen on being kept in the dark, but i've no doubt that the Limited Run guy is sincere and honest. That said, they do seem to be overreaching themselves (new product announced almost every week) and I can't say I like them taking my money right off the bat. The sting is taken off a little knowing that I won't have to pay in the future, but two years is a long time to wait for something and paying in advance.

I'm going to add a little spoiler into this. I've interviewed Josh, who is a really sound guy, and he said they've had real issues with getting the disc through Sony's approval lines. It's taken months and months. The LP sets are coming from the EU and they're nearly there in terms of getting them to the USA. He hopes they will have them in a few weeks as of today.
Cheers Spud. Appreciate the info.

If you're not accustomed to both tech and freight shipping delays in covid yet, I don't know what to tell ya. The economic/labour/logistical nightmares are very real as the virus itself.

The delays are irritating, sure, but I can live with a delay. What I can't live with is having to find out from a random tweet that the almost $1k worth of Shenmue merch I bought almost two years ago is going to be silently delayed again. JUST BE HONEST AND TELL US

I think everyone who bought this stuff has been more than patient. It's been 11 months, with absolute silence from the seller no less.

I doubt anyone in here thinks the individuals who run lrg are scoundrels or weasels or anything, but this long of a delay and this level of silence is certainly sketchy from a company who's doing this full time with new releases every week. I wouldn't condone attacks against the individuals personally, but criticizing lrg is pretty fair. I think we're all quite curious what kind of delays and hurdles they're running into 11 months after the pre-order. I would imagine they're working with Sony regularly since they sell PS4 titles weekly.

Sorry I got a bit triggered there. Made a career change like many at start of pandemic. Now I deal directly with absolute ass-hats making abusive calls/emails when they know full well the situation our world has become.

As far as I see, companies don't update things because 1) There will be as much or more people accosting them worse--whereas in limbo there's potential neutrality rather than guaranteed negativity. 2) A lot of the logistical delays and tech shortages are at least arriving in small batches, so a few lucky people might actually get something on the rough target date anyway

Just reminds me of kickstarter "investors" The consumerist concept of "dollar vote" irritates the fuck outta me haha

Back