Shenmue III Complete collectors edition

To be honest, this is pretty normal for LRG. It is touching on the longer side of things, but I think a few of their titles have been delayed this much before. It's just how they operate. They're a small organisation that has grown substantially, but for some reason they still run as if they are a small company.

I've been there from right at the start when they first began. They're good dudes and the reason they started the company is something I can get behind, but they just grew too much and once big names and huge publishers started approaching LRG to have their games produced (or vice versa), it all became a bit cynical and lame for me.

I actually preferred it when they produced the products in limited numbers in advance and they sold them on the website and shipped them straight away. My first LRG purchase was shipped within a few days and reached me a couple of weeks after that. Then the scalpers ruined it, the hype got out and the collectors who just have to have every shitty Vita or PS4 game 'just because' came on board, and LRG shifted to open preorders to combat the fact games would sell out in 15 seconds. It's commendable and ensures everyone who wants a copy can get one, but it just means you end up paying months and months in advance for games and wait god knows how long for them, which sucks.

I don't know why they didn't just increase the number of copies they would produce for titles instead, but hey ho...

Actually, I have just remembered this Shenmue Complete Edition wasn't even an open preorder, so why the hell didn't they just produce it first and make sure it was ready to ship before taking people's orders and money? Presumably because they thought even fewer people would care about Shenmue 3 if they had waited another year? I'm sure they still would have been able to shift 3,000 copies though.

I recall this complete edition being thrown together at the last moment. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but it did appear of nowhere with little warning or heads up.

Looking back, this topic was made November 19, and this item went live the next day on November 20. You can see on the tweets that it wasn't even 24 hours before it went live.

This isn’t one of LRG’s usual releases. It was only put together because of one of the owners’ love of Shenmue if memory serves me right. Not sure how fast it was put together but yeah, we didn’t seem to get much notice for it going on sale.

it does seem like it’s going to be the best one, and not only because of the complete DLC on disc (that’s obviously a big positive). It’s certainly better than the previous collector’s edition (with the lightbox), and even though I do love the Pix n Love one, this one seems like it’s going to edge it.

still wish for a standard version of the "complete edition".
Hope they'll sell some in future, maybe some leftovers without the collectors stuff... (very nice, but I had already the original limited edition).

still wish for a standard version of the "complete edition".
Hope they'll sell some in future, maybe some leftovers without the collectors stuff... (very nice, but I had already the original limited edition).
There's actually a reason they didn't do the complete edition by itself. All will be revealed soon.

Hey Spud. When do you anticipate the interview will be up? I know people have real lives and all, so just wondering. Pretty excited about it.
Looking at the middle of the month. Final editing on the audio is nearly done and I'm sending it to Josh before I start work on the video.

That was a great interview spud. I love how Josh has done everything in his power to try and show that there is a market for SIV. Respect to the man.
Cheers.

Josh is sound. I was really taken back by them having to take all the risk on the 2019 collection edition they did but glad it paid off.

Hopefully those full scale mirrors happen!

That and the mock Shenmue II Dreamcast case like SEGA did for Yakuza 5, and LRG did for both Shenmue III editions.

That and the mock Shenmue II Dreamcast case like SEGA did for Yakuza 5, and LRG did for both Shenmue III editions.
Being in the UK, I would love to have a PAL Dreamcast case for Shenmue 3 go with my S1 and S2 PAL cases. I guess I could just get an old case and try to mock one up, but i would have to get it printed to fit the spine etc.

Hmm, may actually do that.

Back