Shenmue III DLC suggestion Iwao past.

Ren

Since we visited the same location Iwao trained with his friend. As well visited the locations he was on his trip.
As well doubt Bailu Village had a major technological change in the past 20 years.
It would not be as hard to create a DLC. I would love to control Iwao and look back into his past in a different era.
As well see younger versions of the characters. I would like to see Iwao Training in the tree as well! That was a truly epic moment!
We could also see more back story of Iwao and Lan Di father. Their relationship and training. Perhaps even flashback with Ryo's mother.
The game would need some changes and new NPC but it would not need to be a huge one.
It would probably be one of the best possible DLC and would let us get deeper into Shenmue Lore visiting another era and inverse ourselves in it.

1574797413186.png

I always wanted a prequel series focusing on Iwao's journey once the main series wrapped up. Of course, with the likelihood of the main series never getting concluded, it pretty makes that a fantasy.

I always wanted a prequel series focusing on Iwao's journey once the main series wrapped up. Of course, with the likelihood of the main series never getting concluded, it pretty makes that a fantasy.
It's possible now than ever since the game was build on an engine that is open and not closed like the past one.
Here is zelda clone build in Unreal Engine by a Single person.

As well it can be build using all currently made assets no need to build anything new other than change Ryo model to look like Iwao. I can't believe they missed this opportunity the DLC they plan on release are not really interesting or valuable to expand the lore.

It would be a great way to explore this past and reveal the Msyterious death of Sunming Zhao, I feel after Shenmue III it's still strange how we haven't learnt much more on this. So I would be all for the idea - I'm not going to get my hopes up for it being the Planned Story DLC though.

It would be very interesting to experience that kind of training both Iwao and Lan Di Father went.
As well any rivals they may have meet there!
or a Duel between both friends.
It would be perfect way to discover the past.

It would be very interesting to experience that kind of training both Iwao and Lan Di Father went.
As well any rivals they may have meet there!
or a Duel between both friends.
It would be perfect way to discover the past.

I wonder though if it would have the potential to open up and reveal too much of what the main story is trying to lead you towards...

For example, for years people wanted a prequel to FF X starring Tidus' father and others. But this was after the fact; after both games (FF X & FF X-2) had come out and the story was complete. (well until we got that weird novella crap X-2.5 which we shant not talk about lol)

I wonder though if it would have the potential to open up and reveal too much of what the main story is trying to lead you towards...

For example, for years people wanted a prequel to FF X starring Tidus' father and others. But this was after the fact; after both games (FF X & FF X-2) had come out and the story was complete. (well until we got that weird novella crap X-2.5 which we shant not talk about lol)
TTcygg_04Gy0C7EQIMC1IRcJFuuV8NU3TkMn8LLxyec.png

It would be a great way to explore this past and reveal the Msyterious death of Sunming Zhao, I feel after Shenmue III it's still strange how we haven't learnt much more on this. So I would be all for the idea - I'm not going to get my hopes up for it being the Planned Story DLC though.

zhao sunming died in meng cun that is where you’ll find out about those details.

I keep trying to tell people that this series story is pertinent to the locations but people dont wanna listen..

It’s frustrating. So much negativity and then I’ve seen people get shouted down because they like shenmue 3 honestly !

Yes shenmue has always been location related.

That’s why Bailu village was more about the mirrors and envoys.

I never expected to hear about zhao in this game

Back