Shenmue III - Fighting Talk (Non-Spoiler)

Against many opponents at once, on the other side, it gets VERY chaotic and couldn't really get along with the new target-lock system.

The problem I had with the target lock system is it would automatically change to another enemy when you had knocked one down, but not necessarily defeated them, making it harder for me to Ground Kick or Shinbone Smash them while they're down :p

Alright, I can see what is one of the big problems with the system. It seems like your stamina goes down real fast when fighting. Blocking doesn't help all that much either. Improving endurance does help fix this to a point, but I see why many are having a hard time now. I mean the fighting system is not bad for what it is, but it does need some more polish after playing around with it longer.

Alright, I can see what is one of the big problems with the system. It seems like your stamina goes down real fast when fighting. Blocking doesn't help all that much either. Improving endurance does help fix this to a point, but I see why many are having a hard time now. I mean the fighting system is not bad for what it is, but it does need some more polish after playing around with it longer.
Even if you block you still lose HP and if it a strong enemy you lose a lot...
Something I don't like at all. What is point of blocking if you still can get hurt and your HP can go down massively even if your block bar has not been depleted yet.
This is frustrating with enemies that you hit a lot but they barely hit you. Yet you have less HP!

Anyone else end up not using the face buttons? I would cycle between my favourite scrolls with LB and RB and found that both fun and effective.
I get my ass beat if I do this cuz I'm too slow lmao.

I get my ass beat if I do this cuz I'm too slow lmao.

It might help to not use all 5 slots, and just have 2-3 moves. You can win a lot of fights by switching between 3 moves for different situations (closing the gap, getting close/knocking down, and kicking them while they're down :p ).

Reactions: Ren
Even if you block you still lose HP and if it a strong enemy you lose a lot...
Something I don't like at all. What is point of blocking if you still can get hurt and your HP can go down massively even if your block bar has not been depleted yet.
This is frustrating with enemies that you hit a lot but they barely hit you. Yet you have less HP!

Yeah, that is the big problem. It makes the Stamina system even more punitive than it already is. I don't know why they made combat more difficult like this as I thought this game was going to have a more fair combat system this time around that was supposed to be a balance. I have gotten used to the system, but I would have no real complaints if Stanima doesn't go down this quickly in a fight or block eats your health up as well.

There needs to be an option to disable auto-targeting. I want to be able to kick a guy straight away while he's down :p That way I have one fewer enemy to fight at a time.

Awesome gifs, pulling off the bullet time dodge then following up with a move is so satisfying. I also enjoy the new combat system a lot. I just posted on the forum beating gold tiger on the hardest difficulty no damage.

Back