spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
With it being known that copies of Shenmue III are in the wild it is time to consider how to avoid spoilers.

Use this thread to help other users avoid spoilers and go dark from all things Shenmue III external of here.

Spoiler Protecton 2.0 Browser Extension:
Chrome - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/spoiler-protection-20/eelacikjiplnmdingehjfdjcfegclmkg
Firefox - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/spoiler-protection-2-0/

Once the extension is installed, click its icon, type in any word you want to blacklist (e.g. Shenmue) and click the green + button:

9643b80c0e.png

Any web element containing that word will then be blocked. You can click an element to unblock it:

d8a0e5ae46.png

Other Methods:
mute key words: https://www.androidauthority.com/how-to-avoid-spoilers-on-your-phone-984947/

We will update the OP with other additional suggestions.

Stay safe out there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, am considering avoiding social media for a bit too, waiting so many years for it to be spoiled by abused modern tools would be devastating.

I actually completely unliked and unfollowed all the FB communities...I’ll rejoin them in December or once I’m done with the game. But I’m not running the risk of some drive by spoiler dropping from some random joe blow looking to spoil the game for us all because they can.

Just going to live my life like it's 2000 again and just force myself with no social media interaction. We did it when Shenmue I and II first came out, we can do it again right?

Quality, cheers! Gonna have to unfollow a few on Facebook n'all.

Nice one!

1573032856073.png

Controversial opinion, but might it be a good idea to close the forums for maybe a week or so once the game is released so that we can play the game and not worry about any erroneous comments?

Last edited:
Hi,
While excitement is getting harder and harder to master, a bit of foresight may also be needed. I'm making this thread so everyone can share their tips to make sure of dodging possible spoilers and the terrible frustration it could lead... besides simply choosing social network blackout but it might not be up to everyone. Any idea?

I've heard about some extensions but I wonder if you can directly delete some strategic tags from your Youtube account?

Last edited:
If I want to watch something on YouTube I just type in Google what I want to watch and then select the appropriate video from the video tab. So far there's been no shenmue trailers but if one appeared I'd just look away for a bit. Maybe not the most convenient method but works for me

I also cover the suggested videos with my hand and switch to landscape as that's a risk too. I don't use YouTube too much so not a massive issue.

Farewell, everyone! I am going dark.

See you on the other side when we're all stressing about Shenmue IV.

May have to put this into effect - seen a person on Twitter show they got a copy early in store by mistake...

Been using the Spoiler Protection 2.0 chrome plugin for a few days now (love it), but just noticed that YouTube have rolled out a GUI update which has now broken the plugin lol.

It used to black out the whole parent container, so on YouTube if the keyword was found in the title, or channel name, it would hide the whole thing, including the thumbnail. Sadly, after the update, it now only hides that specific element:-
L0ng.png
I dunno if the YouTube update is a Global roll out, but thought I'd just give people a heads up. Hopefully Spoiler Protection 2.0 will push an update soon, but if not, I might try out the other option.

Edit:- It appears it still works on related videos, or those in a playlist (on the right), it's just the main thumbnails.

Last edited:
Back