Shenmue III Metacritic Rally

This is the result

This is why I gave it an honest 8, people see right through this stuff
They've missed out the fake 0 scores on there. This is why we leave 10's.

The media have always been weighted against Shenmue III barring a few outlets and this is no exception to that kind of shoddy work.

A bunch of customer reviews just went up on the amazon page. I just noticed the reviews with the most "Helpful" ratings rise to the top by default, so I went through and gave all the high ratings a "Helpful".

They actually outright mention that 0's are fake in that article, it just looks bad especially since it gives the impression that its deep silver doing it anyway as companies in the past do this all the time.

Like the big elephant in the room was this was too obvious, like when you copy and paste a 10/10 review for both platforms on an account thats just made, no shit people get suspicious.

The media have always been weighted against Shenmue III barring a few outlets and this is no exception to that kind of shoddy work.
Fucking exactly.

And we are talking of a game with less than 1k scores. It's a shame they didn't notice what happened with the hundreds of 10s Death Stranding got the first day.

This is the result

This is why I gave it an honest 8, people see right through this stuff

This is a single article, from a tiny games website. The tweet this guy put out for this article got 4 likes lmao.

Stuff like this is less than invisible in terms of PR for Shenmue III.

It appeared on the first page of news when I typed in shenmue 3 on google, twitter is not where people see these things. This was literally more visible than some of the reviews.

It doesn't matter where you saw it, it doesn't change the fact that it is a tiny, ghost town of a website:

lmaosss.png

Barely anybody sees anything gamerant puts out, and even less care. It's an irrelevance to the PR of Shenmue III.

It doesn't matter where you saw it, it doesn't change the fact that it is a tiny, ghost town of a website:

View attachment 5910

Barely anybody sees anything gamerant puts out, and even less care. It's an irrelevance to the PR of Shenmue III.
That just feels like an excuse, especially cause if they put out a good review (they count on metacritic) you wouldn't be saying the same thing cause it effects the average. Like they are higher in the google queue than other sites, not the highest but its still a bad look nonetheless this was found out on both reddit and that site

That just feels like an excuse, especially cause if they put out a good review (they count on metacritic) you wouldn't be saying the same thing cause it effects the average. Like they are higher in the google queue than other sites, not the highest but its still a bad look nonetheless this was found out on both reddit and that site

I don't need to excuse anything lol. I'm simply saying that gamerant is a tiny website whose impact on Shenmue III's PR is an absolute irrelevance. If they had put out a good review, I'd say the exact same thing because numbers don't lie. Nobody goes to gamerant.com for their gaming news, nobody cares what their writers have to say, and nothing they say has any impact whatsoever on the sales of any game, let alone a niche title like Shenmue III.

I don't need to excuse anything lol. I'm simply saying that gamerant is a tiny website whose impact on Shenmue III's PR is an absolute irrelevance. If they had put out a good review, I'd say the exact same thing because numbers don't lie. Nobody goes to gamerant.com for their gaming news, nobody cares what their writers have to say, and nothing they say has any impact whatsoever on the sales of any game, let alone a niche title like Shenmue III.
Fine, it still doesn't change the fact that people saw through it. Cause this came from reddit first anywho. Its simply not a good look regardless of what insults about being nobodies you fling at the people who say them. And it all could of been avoided had review bombing the site not been so obvious, especially when you didnt even need to lie like just write a normal review and dont copy and paste them especially on a new account, or at least be bothered to review more than just shenmue 3.

Fine, it still doesn't change the fact that people saw through it. Cause this came from reddit first anywho. Its simply not a good look regardless of what insults about being nobodies you fling at the people who say them. And it all could of been avoided had review bombing the site not been so obvious, especially when you didnt even need to lie like just write a normal review and dont copy and paste them especially on a new account, or at least be bothered to review more than just shenmue 3.

It's just not a big deal. Gamerant is irrelevant, and the Shenmue subreddit is tiny, and practically dead. It's a complete and utter irrelevance to the PR of Shenmue III.

The IGN USA review is a much bigger deal, because a lot of people actually visit IGN and read their articles. Personally, I'd be far more concerned by that than a completely unknown gaming site and a subreddit with less than 7k subscribers, but you do you mate.

Personally, I'd be far more concerned by that than a completely unknown gaming site and a subreddit with less than 7k subscribers, but you do you mate.
How do you not get were in the thread about review bombing the metacritic with positive reviews and are bringing this up to point out how transparent it looks. This isnt about how much reach these gamerant people get, its just a prime example that people see through bullshit, if these people saw through it, more are.

My whole point is people aren't stupid, they dont just eat up publications as fact so this one publication being unknown means this isn't bad, its that the Metacritic user score looks fake as fuck in general and it takes barely any time to tell.

How do you not get were in the thread about review bombing the metacritic with positive reviews and are bringing this up to point out how transparent it looks. This isnt about how much reach these gamerant people get, its just a prime example that people see through bullshit, if these people saw through it, more are.

My whole point is people aren't stupid, they dont just eat up publications as fact so this one publication being unknown means this isn't bad, its that the Metacritic user score looks fake as fuck in general and it takes barely any time to tell.

I don't really care about review bombing or any of that. I'm simply pointing out that gamerant is a tiny website with barely any readers, and that nobody is concerned with anything they have to say as it is of no relevance to Shenmue III's PR.

I don't care about the reviews one way or the other, I'm just stating facts.

I don't really care about review bombing or any of that. I'm simply pointing out that gamerant is a tiny website with barely any readers, and that nobody is concerned with anything they have to say as it is of no relevance to Shenmue III's PR.

I don't care about the reviews one way or the other, I'm just stating facts.
Youre in the review bomb thread whatchu mean you don't care about it, and I'm just stating facts too, that people saw through this. It doesn't end at just the site that you bizarrely are so hung up on and somehow tied into ign which is irrelevant to this entire topic.

I even said multiple times how to circumvent how fake it looks too.

Motherfucker your in the review bomb thread whatchu mean you don't care about it, and I'm just stating facts too, that people saw through this. It doesn't end at just the site that you bizarrely are so hung up on and somehow tied into ign which is irrelevant to this entire topic.

Yeah, I read the thread, saw your post about gamerant's article and pointed out that their site is a complete irrelevance as it gets no traffic, and that the tweet promoting that article got 4 likes lmao. I have no idea why you're losing your shit over this, it's really silly. You're not stating facts, you're getting increasingly unhinged about people reviewing the game in a way you don't like.

I don't care whether people review Shenmue III 10/10 or honestly, it's not my place to tell people how to behave. I'm simply pointing out that the ridiculous alarmism from you over something that is completely irrelevant to Shenmue III's PR is absurd.

Yeah, I read the thread, saw your post about gamerant's article and pointed out that their site is a complete irrelevance as it gets no traffic, and that the tweet promoting that article got 4 likes lmao. I have no idea why you're losing your shit over this, it's really silly. You're not stating facts, you're getting increasingly unhinged about people reviewing the game in a way you don't like.

I don't care whether people review Shenmue III 10/10 or honestly, it's not my place to tell people how to behave. I'm simply pointing out that the ridiculous alarmism from you over something that is completely irrelevant to Shenmue III's PR is absurd.
My dude, user score does matter, same for amazon reviews, thats why this thread exists at all to begin with, I just want it to not look bad. What I'm saying is no different than the people in the amazon thread rightfully mentioning to actually put criticisms of the game in their review cause that wins people's trust more than just blanket praise.

I dont know how the hell you can register what I'm saying as unhinged, we are literally talking about 2 entirely different topics.

My dude, user score does matter, same for amazon reviews, thats why this thread exists at all to begin with, I just want it to not look bad. What I'm saying is no different than the people in the amazon thread rightfully mentioning to actually put criticisms of the game in their review cause that wins people's trust more than just blanket praise.

Yeah the user score matters somewhat, but nowhere near enough for you to actually be concerned it's going to drastically affect the sales of the game. It's sitting at an 8.2, that's pretty good. An article pointing out that some of the reviews on metacritic aren't totally honest, hosted on the 769th most popular gaming website does not, in any way, shape or form, matter. The vast majority of people aren't going to give a shit about scrolling through the reviews, they're going to look at the score, maybe skim a couple, look up a trailer on Youtube, or a stream of the game and see if it's for them. We're not in 1996 any more. People have access to far more than user reviews on Amazon and Metacritic.

I dont know how the hell you can register what I'm saying as unhinged, we are literally talking about 2 entirely different topics.

You're losing your damn mind in this thread because a few people are reviewing Shenmue III in a way that you don't like lmao. Chill out, let people do what they want and you do you. Nobody needs you telling them how to review the game pal.

Why is this in the spoiler board?
Because maybe the bad reviews contains spoilers?
If you ask me it's silly to have two forums. We should have one and we use to put in spoilers some stuff. We are mature ppl and we know that we shouldn't make any spoilers

Not defending gamergate or any or that stuff, however the reviewers really are pinning themselves into a corner with this blatant disrespect reviewing games they havent even finished. Additionally it seems like many of these guys are paid to keep the big studios happy with their cookie cutter rinse and repeat games.

Back