SHENMUE III - REVIEW ROUNDUP

Real1

Sofa King
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Disco Elysium - THe Final Cut (Switch), Super Mario Maker 2 (Switch)
PSN
Real1Awesome
Nintendo Friend Code
2815-1822-2899
GIANT MEGA ULTRA THANKS TO @Kyo_JP for linking every single review!!
List of reviews from various outlets sorted by score and platform.

PS4 (Current Metacritic weighted average 67)

9+
8+
7+
6+
5+
4+

3+

PC (Current Metacritic weighted average: 69)

UNRANKED (Not on Metacritic for PS4)
OTHER

Positive:

Negative:
  • Polygon (Totally trashes Shenmue. Unfair review where it is questionable if the reviewer even played the game)

Last edited:
Can I share this in other places? Great job!!!

Amazing work collating all this. I'm sure it will prove to be a great resource in the months and years ahead when anyone questions how Shenmue 3 was received by the gaming media.

If you guys find more reviews, feel free to post (or PM), and I'll silently update the list

Added an 80 from gamegrin.

Gah, just look at all those green reviews that didn't go to metacritic. What a shame.
Could it be a good idea to make a version where all scores are just one list? Instead of dividing them based on if they are on Metacritic or not. It's not like all sites on Metacritic are automatically more reliable/reputable than some of the unranked ones. FZ.se and Gamereactor are two examples that I think aren't worse than some of the ranked ones.

Not sure if it's on Metacritic but 4.5/5!

Not on Metacritic unfortunately. Again. If we had all the scores I'm sure the average is better than 70. Ugh.

Added to list. (Btw, links to all reviews may be available soon, a very nice forum member might help gather links for every single review)

@yuc02 @CrazyBob589 is this a popular site?
Yeah it's Chinese, although I don't know how popular it is since I don't visit Chinese sites often.

The reviewer praises the game's locations, portrayal of Chinese culture, Shenhua's personality and the fact that it remains faithful to the originals. Downsides are story progression (not very comprehensive), some parts were designed to drag out the play time, fighting system lost some of its hardcore elements, and some of the NPC seemed too out of this world.

Yeah it's Chinese, although I don't know how popular it is since I don't visit Chinese sites often.

The reviewer praises the game's locations, portrayal of Chinese culture, Shenhua's personality and the fact that it remains faithful to the originals. Downsides are story progression (not very comprehensive), some parts were designed to drag out the play time, fighting system lost some of its hardcore elements, and some of the NPC seemed too out of this world.
Thanks for the info. I was curious since it's the first Chinese review I've found and I thought it looked pretty comprehensive compared to many reviews I've seen.

Back