SHENMUE III - REVIEW ROUNDUP

If anyone is interested, I finally made a review for my youtube channel! It's a bit long but I had a lot to say haha

Hope you like it!

While I personally have issues with elements of story, repetitive narrative beats and lack of characterization I did watch and enjoy your review.

I particularly enjoyed the last paragraph, explaining feeling of landing in a distant country and just the description of looking out over Niaowu from hotel balcony. I think those small little moments will stand out for me the most.

If anyone is interested, I finally made a review for my youtube channel! It's a bit long but I had a lot to say haha

Hope you like it!

Adding your review to the list!!

Also, love the accent

Hope you like it!

This is hands down my favourite review of S3 so far. You really managed to tap into what makes the whole franchise so special to me.

As a side note, you’re from killie right? my wife’s from there, so just found it amusing.

first question anybody asks when you mention Killie is "what school did you go to?"

my mum could meet someone on the other side of the world and as soon as she'd hear an ayrshire accent she'd be like "Jimmy or The Joe's?"

first question anybody asks when you mention Killie is "what school did you go to?"

my mum could meet someone on the other side of the world and as soon as she'd hear an ayrshire accent she'd be like "Jimmy or The Joe's?"

Lol, that’s hilarious.

She went to the Grange before it became the super school that it appears to be now.

Why the flying FUCK is that illegitimate review still up on MC?

Why the flying FUCK is that illegitimate review still up on MC?
Because nobody cares and the owner of the site told Metacritic that Shenmue fans had harassed him to try and get the score removed but he wanted it to remain?

Another French (and quite fair) review...

Another (positive) one...

Thanks for the reviews @OZoran Tsubasa ! They are added to the list.

I did not see them until now. Don't br afraid of @'ing me if you find a review folks.

We got a new review in. This time from LEVEL (Czech Republic), a magazine.

They give it a 4/10.

So, if RPG Site's illegitimate score gets removed we'll stay at 68 instead of getting back to 69.

Fuck this world.

I think the guy from rpg site tweeted something about the metacritic score the other day but I didn’t really bother reading it.

Just watched Dunkey’s review on YouTube. It’s pretty damning, although more because of what he shows than what he says.

Just watched Dunkey’s review on YouTube. It’s pretty damning, although more because of what he shows than what he says.
I don’t disagree, but you could make the same kind of video for the first two games and the crowd would react similarly. In fact, there are plenty of similar videos for the first two games out there.

Personally, I found the Dunkey video kind of funny, but I’m aware of the game’s deficiencies so I’m ok with his angle. At this point I honestly think it sells copies of the game to people who want to experience this odd game themselves.

Last edited:

1.6 million views. The most publicity Shenmue III has got from a single video I think. But if it's a bad review... I honestly won't watch it.

Back