SHENMUE III - REVIEW ROUNDUP

63 reviews now on Metacritic.

What is the newest review?

A 90 dropped from Game Over Online. Very nice! But apparently not enough to get us back to 70 avg.

Another reiview from TheGamer : 40/100 ...
"If you loved the original Shenmue and Shenmue II, then you'll likely love Shenmue III for how closely it adheres to the original games. If you enjoyed the HD remasters of Shenmue & Shenmue II, then you will likely enjoy Shenmue III as a faithful sequel. There isn't much to recommend for everyone else, as Shenmue III is a ponderous experience that exists more to waste player's time than tell a compelling story. "

So the guy who made the review don't like Shenmue I and II obviously.
I really don't think it is a good idea to give the review to a guy who don't like even a little the first two game.
I really don't like Darksoul, so I am not the right person to made a review of Sekiro
Anyway ...

The MT score is still 69

"If you loved the original Shenmue and Shenmue II, then you'll likely love Shenmue III for how closely it adheres to the original games. If you enjoyed the HD remasters of Shenmue & Shenmue II, then you will likely enjoy Shenmue III as a faithful sequel. There isn't much to recommend for everyone else, as Shenmue III is a ponderous experience that exists more to waste player's time than tell a compelling story. "

I really don't think it is a good idea to give the review to a guy who don't like even a little the first two game.
I really don't like Darksoul, so I am not the right person to made a review of Sekiro
Anyway ...

The MT score is still 69

Ugh, hate that site/YT channel. They have millions of fans but their stuff is WatchMojo-esque. In fact, it was born from a typical mainstream list channel called TheRichest I believe. Not surprised they dislike something that isn't an American shooter.

Anyway ...

The MT score is still 69

Is this on Metacritic?

sort of off and on topic at the same time, but I recall a few people really getting hung up on how Nichegamer should be on metacritic and how bullshit it was they werent, well in addition to the stuff i said before that made them controversial we got another zinger that really sells them as the bottom of the bottom, they have been outright plagiarizing from gematsu for their "news".

edit: ok looking more into it and hearing Sal (the guy that runs gematsu, its basically just him and a translator) talk about it in more detail, he has been a freaking saint about catching them plagiarizing in the past (dates back more than a year so this is a repeat offense) and simply asked them to kindly credit him, and they just keep finding excuses to dodge the act or outright ignore him until now. I knew this site was bad but these people are fucking abhorrent.

I saw some people made a few fanmade critical reception images in the past of the most glowing scores and someone had NG on it, try avoid posting that cause theres probably no faster way to undermine the good scores shenmue 3 actually got then highlighting the plagiarizing assholes that want to be gematsu with a side of owning the libs.

Last edited:
I have been haunting reviews, some of them from small outlets or not very poplated channels, not sure if it is worthy to add them to the list, but I will post it here

Topgamer.it I think it has spoilers at least in the video but it is an 8.5

Nuke the Fridge Gaming, small YT channel, 802 subscribers, 7.5 score

FranBiz, small YT channel, 931 subscriber, no score, pretty positive

RYU Gaming, french YT channel with 6k subscriber. No score, I think it is a fair one as a far as my french goes

linklexis, french small YT channel 300 subscriber, I think that it is bitching in the game, but my french is a little bit rusty

I will keep searching every now and then

I have been haunting reviews, some of them from small outlets or not very poplated channels, not sure if it is worthy to add them to the list, but I will post it here

Topgamer.it I think it has spoilers at least in the video but it is an 8.5

Nuke the Fridge Gaming, small YT channel, 802 subscribers, 7.5 score

FranBiz, small YT channel, 931 subscriber, no score, pretty positive

RYU Gaming, french YT channel with 6k subscriber. No score, I think it is a fair one as a far as my french goes

linklexis, french small YT channel 300 subscriber, I think that it is bitching in the game, but my french is a little bit rusty

I will keep searching every now and then

Hm, maybe have a tiny section for hobby-reviewers?

Back