Shenmue III - Spirit Of The Land (New TGS Trailer!)

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be at Paris, as it is the last major gaming event before launch.

Perfect time to really show everything off at the end of development. Older trailers now shows they cut those early to maximize time spent polishing the game. I'm excited.

The Paris Games Week is in October right? It would not make sense yet to not show the game there. It is the last gaming event before S3 is released. Would be a waste to not showcase the game there.

Love some of the articles that I´m reading after this trailer. Things like "
Shenmue 3 surprises with its beautiful recreation of China in the TGS 2019 trailer", on 3DJuegos, or "
a new trailer of Shenmue III that allows us to enjoy the great beauty that treasures the scenarios through which we will move in this long-awaited adventure that transports us to China".

Love some of the articles that I´m reading after this trailer. Things like "
Shenmue 3 surprises with its beautiful recreation of China in the TGS 2019 trailer", on 3DJuegos, or "
a new trailer of Shenmue III that allows us to enjoy the great beauty that treasures the scenarios through which we will move in this long-awaited adventure that transports us to China".
The comment section of 3D Juegos is a pile of shit. Actually, all Spanish outlets comment section are full of retards that everything under Naughty Dog graphics or Assasins Creed gameplay is old and outdated. That plus FIFA, plus COD...

I cried tears of joy watching this. Is this seriously real? I've said it many times but Shenmue 3 really does look beautiful. All we can hope for now is a good story which I'm sure we'll get. I truly can not wait to play this game, it's exceeding what I thought we would get from 2015 and the day we all actually play it is going to feel even more unreal. Well done everyone who made this happen.

Oh and I like that this trailer didn't show too much story. I'm savouring that for November.

The comment section of 3D Juegos is a pile of shit. Actually, all Spanish outlets comment section are full of retards that everything under Naughty Dog graphics or Assasins Creed gameplay is old and outdated. That plus FIFA, plus COD...
Agree, but there are also positive comments. The worst comments are very stupid, they are not based on sensible things

If they're still trashing the game, they were never interested. No way a Shenmue fan can't find something to enjoy in these trailers. They're Shenmue through and through.

The game looks so good that I'm not worried about anything other then the story. I just can't wait to see how it unfolds and how interesting it will be. Easily the most promising game I'm excited for. Yess FF7 remake looks great but I'm more excited for Shenmue 3 if I'm being honest.

Watching the trailer in slow motion, and pausing it from time to time... it's just mind-blowing how many little details are everywhere. One random example... like a cup holding utensils next to the steamed buns. Most people would barely even glance at such a thing in day-to-day life, let alone think purposefully about it, but that is exactly what the planners and artists had to do. Also, I love looking at things like the construction of the roof over the bridge. It looks real, and incredibly elaborate, both on top and its underside. There are bits of moss and small plants growing on the tiles of some of the rooftops. Each leaf is connected properly to a twig on the trees. It's just awesome.

Cantonese is quite common in Southern China, especially among older people as far I have read so far. So it would be quite natural I guess that the people in rural era in the 80s were rather speaking Cantonese and not Mandarin.. But just my thoughs on that might be wrong.
I am from China, can confirm that even in the '80s only people from Guangdong, part of Guangxi (excluding Guilin), Hong Kong & Macau (used to belong to Guangdong before being invaded by the British & Portuguese) speak Cantonese. At least that's how it works in China.
Cantonese (广东话) literally means "dialect/spoken language used in Guangdong area" in Chinese. So I really don't think Guilin folks will speak Cantonese. Even if they don't speak Mandarin, 桂柳话 (dialect/spoken language used in Guilin & Liuzhou area) would be a more appropriate choice.

Last edited:
The game looks so good that I'm not worried about anything other then the story. I just can't wait to see how it unfolds and how interesting it will be. Easily the most promising game I'm excited for. Yes FF7 remake looks great but I'm more excited for Shenmue 3 if I'm being honest.

WOW! This game is beautiful! I almost cryed while watching the trailer. Every time I see a new video I say the same but, this is SHENMUE, it just oozes that Shenmue feeling, it's the genuine continuation to Shenmue 2.
I feel like when I was a child looking fordward for this anticipated game.
It's interesting how many people are saying something similar to this, about having their emotions stirred. There really is something strange about this trailer, in a good way. It's got a certain indescribable magic to it that invokes a feeling I haven't felt in so long. I know it's been said a million times by now, but Yu really is a special person.

It's kinda annoying that the road signs in Bailu Village are all written in Japanese. But I guess it's acceptable when most of the "Chinese" signs in Niaowu just make no sense in Chinese. Other than that, the world is just beautiful. Can't wait to play it!

Last edited:

I don't know if this is cosplay from a fan, or someone SEGA hired, but I like it.

EDIT - She's handing out those bandages so I guess she was hired. Still really cool.

She was the same cosplayer for 2018 TGS for Sega during S1&2 HDs promotion.

Here's a recent pic of Yu Suzuki and Co. that was taken alongside her on thier own page.

^Many more personal fan pics on her feed from TGS. It's great for fans.

Last edited:
Back