Shenmue III The Definitive Soundtrack is coming to digital, CD & vinyl starting November

I like how we’re now getting updates on Limited Run delays from companies other than Limited Run. I guess Bigwax was able to at least get some kind of answer from them, although the lack of any expected ETA is quite worrying.

One has to wonder whether this would’ve happened if the Special Edition had sold its full allocation. It kind of feels like they just cba with it because it’s not making them enough money. Maybe they think that if they ignore their customers for long enough they’ll just forgot that they still haven’t received the product that they paid for more than 16 months ago? It’s actually shameful. I will never buy from them again.
I've no idea tbh but as someone who has been pretty lenient with it I'm starting to get a tad annoyed.

Does anyone know if any items they sold after this have shipped or not?

I like how we’re now getting updates on Limited Run delays from companies other than Limited Run. I guess Bigwax was able to at least get some kind of answer from them, although the lack of any expected ETA is quite worrying.

One has to wonder whether this would’ve happened if the Special Edition had sold its full allocation. It kind of feels like they just cba with it because it’s not making them enough money. Maybe they think that if they ignore their customers for long enough they’ll just forgot that they still haven’t received the product that they paid for more than 16 months ago? It’s actually shameful. I will never buy from them again.
Preach!

Ridiculous.

What's there to say any more? Their last expected shipping time frame was Q1. Q1 is now over as we approach the end of March. No update, yet again. They clearly don't give a fuck at all to inform us of updates or to provide us with any form of communication. We still have not seen any images of the items in the complete edition.

What's there to say any more? Their last expected shipping time frame was Q1. Q1 is now over as we approach the end of March. No update, yet again. They clearly don't give a fuck at all to inform us of updates or to provide us with any form of communication. We still have not seen any images of the items in the complete edition.
Looking at the company’s Twitter mentions, it seems that this is a common problem for LRG. I took a look at their webpage too and was surprised at just how many products they’re pushing at any one time. They must have millions in annual turnover, so it beggars belief that they can’t hire someone whose job it is to email customers and keep them up to date. It really isn’t difficult. They’d just need a mailing list for each product.

As a side note, I also found myself wondering whether these issues are related to cash flow. People have pre-payed for millions of dollars worth of goods. Granted, only a fraction of that goes towards production, but if that money’s been misspent, it may explain why they’re having trouble getting products out of the door and why they’re unable to provide any real updates or estimates.

1648320138557.png

295 items in production...I'm trying to be understanding, but they're really taking the piss. Either they're a victim of their own success or they're way in over their heads.

I think in the UK, Funstock are sort of a Limited Run-esque company, so I think i'd rather give them my money instead. I like Limited Run and think what they're doing is great, but it's hard to feel sympathy when they keep announcing new product every bloody week.

And their refund system is awful. I got a refund for a game a while back and was told that if I order something from them again and want a refund, i'll only get a percentage of it back. Surely that's not legal (or i'm pretty sure in the UK it wouldn't be legal).

I'm a patient man and love the products that Limit Run Games put out. However, the lack of communication is downright disrespectful and bad customer service.

I know there were issues with Covid messing up the shipments and everything, but we're almost halfway through 2022. I could have walked across the world twice and delivered it quicker than LRG

I got a question, wondering if anyone did this or has tried it with other stuff.

I ordered all the shenmue stuff together as one big bundle - the cd set, 2 vinyls and the s3 complete edition.

If I had ordered just the soundtracks by themselves - and then ordered the complete edition of the game separately - would they have shipped separately? Or is lrg holding everything regardless of how people ordered it?

I got a question, wondering if anyone did this or has tried it with other stuff.

I ordered all the shenmue stuff together as one big bundle - the cd set, 2 vinyls and the s3 complete edition.

If I had ordered just the soundtracks by themselves - and then ordered the complete edition of the game separately - would they have shipped separately? Or is lrg holding everything regardless of how people ordered it?
I can't say I've tried it but assuming you've paid the shipping for each individual order then I'd think they'd ship separately.

Though that shipping cost would add up.

Decided to add a little update, and to vent a bit, as its obvious LRG doesn't care how we feel...I ordered the 11LP Signed Edition, and share the same frustrations as anyone else who pulled the trigger on this.

So back in October Josh Fairhurst did an interview here, and basically said the 11LP box sets were finished, sitting in a warehouse for 5-6 months at that time. Obviously, weight wise, they are heavy, and because of COVID, it was hard to get shipping containers (due to shortage).

In the 16 months since we ordered these, I have not received a single update from LRG. The only communication is when I email them, or hear something from their partners/distributers.

They have changed the production status on their website many times now. At one point it said it was about to ship. None of the changes were communicated to buyers.

Now, Q1 2022 has passed, and they failed to meet this estimate AGAIN, and silently changed the production status to Q2 2022, of course, without telling any of their PAYING customers.

In my latest round of emails with LRGs "HR" department, they are telling me its still in production, and can't give any more info. BUT, Mr. Fairhurst let us know back in October, that production was complete, it was a shipping issue....

So now LRG is straight up lying, and talking BS with non answers. I am currently waiting on a response to my latest questions, and will post when I get an update.

I just want to say, I am a DIEHARD Shenmue fan, like many on here. I was really looking forward to this product. BUT, dealing with LimitedRunGames has been horrendous. And thats putting it lightly. I am currently trying to decide whether or not to get a refund and be done with their BS.
So, as wise words to anybody thinking of doing business with them, I STRONGLY suggest you don't, you will save yourself many headaches and much stress.

Could be worse. If you're in the UK and ordered the 11LP you get stung for £73 import duty

That's fucking criminal that...

As i'm sure i've mentioned before, Funstock seems to do some Limited Run stuff and they are UK based (I got my Astro City mini that way) and takes a lot of the sting out.

Every time I see Limited Run announce a new box set, I think "where the heck is the game I paid £150+ for 18 months ago"? I think they're getting so bloated now.

I'm happy the head honcho is a big Shenmue fan and i'm truly grateful for all he's done, but that doesn't excuse poor communication. And I like to think i'm being reasonable...

No timelines but....

Yeah, I bet they're really sorry about the lack of responses.....
People here are posting pics of the signed box set in the Shenmue collection thread. Which means assembly is already done and the third party companies got their stock to their customers before LRG gives its customers an update. They've ghosted me in customer service emails and wont respond now. Can't imagine the address emails will go smoothly either...

On the plus side, they look great. But I'm not sure what I'm looking forward to more, getting the box set, or finally being done with LRG???

What exactly is "in assembly"? That's pretty vague. Are they still waiting for the assembly of the dagger or some other item, as in it's still in manufacturing?

Or is everything arrive and they are finally assembling the total package? That's a response that provides no information.

LRG finally got back to me....

Apparently, the vinyl box set is coming through "their" European distributor. So third party companies in Europe like bigwax etc will get them first.
They specifically said that the vinyl boxset is a distribution item, I'm not really sure what that means, as it seems like they are passing the buck.
No info whatsoever on when we in north America will get ours. I'm worried as it sounds like they are having more shipping problems, but this time it's from Europe to North America.

Really pissed now, I got excited thinking the email was an address confirmation for shipping, but no, just more BS from this shady AF company.

I really want this now just so I never have to think of LRG again......

Back