Shenmue III The Definitive Soundtrack is coming to digital, CD & vinyl starting November

Dead man if the Mrs finds out!
EcstaticVelvetyAbalone-size_restricted.gif

You trying to get away when she finds the purchase :tearsofjoy:

It comes in a gatefold and includes a booklet with liner notes (in both English and Japanese) by Yu Suzuki and other members of the Shenmue community

Anyone on here care to elaborate on this?? I don't recall being asked about this! :sneaky:

Also, the boxes for the 5 and 6 LP sets are nice...what's the betting that they won't be part of the 11LP set? The composer appears to be "YsNet" which is a little worrying. I'd really like a breakdown of the individual composers if possible. One of my pet peeves is when the artist is "Sega" or doesn't credit the composers properly.

Anyone on here care to elaborate on this?? I don't recall being asked about this! :sneaky:

Also, the boxes for the 5 and 6 LP sets are nice...what's the betting that they won't be part of the 11LP set? The composer appears to be "YsNet" which is a little worrying. I'd really like a breakdown of the individual composers if possible. One of my pet peeves is when the artist is "Sega" or doesn't credit the composers properly.
If the 11lp set doesn't include the artwork then I'll just buy these separately instead. You save $25 that way too lol!

After all those thousands of illustrations Yu had to hand sign for the Kickstarter rewards, I'm surprised he wants to do it all over again (though yes, 500 is much more bearable I guess) :LOL:

This is absolutely insane.

And try to convince yourselves something isn't afoot with this franchise. Anime, a ridiculous vinyl soundtrack...and you want to tell me Shenmue 4 isn't in development??
I think this is more to do with smaller companies recognizing that shenmue fans are willing to cash out on collector's items and other paraphernalia. I think there's more money to be made for these companies on these types of items than there is money to be made on the games themselves.

Hope I can grab one. Will probably go for the cd set.

Again, not a fan of the limited quantity. Would prefer they match what they sell rather than having risking not being able to get one in time.

I think this is more to do with smaller companies recognizing that shenmue fans are willing to cash out on collector's items and other paraphernalia. I think there's more money to be made for these companies on these types of items than there is money to be made on the games themselves.

Hope I can grab one. Will probably go for the cd set.

Again, not a fan of the limited quantity. Would prefer they match what they sell rather than having risking not being able to get one in time.
Sure, but it's also proof there's a very active audience that's willing to spend a lot of money and enough interest out there to hire a studio to create a multi-episode cartoon series? Seems like enough to keep the series going. There are lots of weird little things with cult followings; they don't all get cartoon series, $300 vinyl records, etc., even if there are some fans out there.

Last edited:
I don't follow anime or know much about it. I'm not sure what kind of viewership is needed for it to be a "success".

I'm just saying smaller companies like LRG, Insert Coin clothing, Data Disc... They love us because they know we'll buy their stuff no matter what and that's good business for them because they aren't banking on 1 million units sold, or a strong viewership. They serve niche markets.

Hopefully the Shenmue fanbase is enough to keep the anime afloat.

Time to be imprudent and go for the collector's edition, though I'm deciding if it's worth forking out the extra just for YS's signature. I was well behaved and avoided other collector's items, but I'll go for one of these two.

(I hope my friends/loved ones won't mind that they're now getting a bag of sand or individual cigarettes for Christmas...)

Time to be imprudent and go for the collector's edition, though I'm deciding if it's worth forking out the extra just for YS's signature. I was well behaved and avoided other collector's items, but I'll go for one of these two.

(I hope my friends/loved ones won't mind that they're now getting a bag of sand or individual cigarettes for Christmas...)
Fortunately for you there's a pandemic ongoing so people will understand hitting hard times at christmas.

In real life

"Dear Family, Christmas is cancelled. The pandemic has hit the account too much so there will be no presents this year"

On the Dojo

"Someone send me that d@mn link quick!"

Back