Shenmue III The Definitive Soundtrack is coming to digital, CD & vinyl starting November

It can be an expensive hobby. That's for sure. Take it from someone who caught the vinyl bug and now buys more vinyl than he probably should.

If you do get into it, then at the very least get a decent player. A good starter kit would be the Audio Technica LP60. It's reasonably priced and is a decent entry point as it is a solid player (not without its flaws.) Or shop around on Ebay and you can find older but perfectly good players for fairly decent prices.

But yeah, it can be an expensive ass hobby and be prepared for the cost of a decent player and decent speakers to get anything out of it. It's why to most people I wouldn't recommend it unless you've got the money to spare.

Anyways, back to my original reason to post.

I'm still torn. Go all out for that 11 LP set? or go for the 2 LP standard set and the cheaper 6 cd collection for the whole thing?

I can't really justify $400 AUD for the 11 LP set. But on the other hand, that box set is so mighty tempting to splurge on.

I at least want one vinyl edition of the SIII soundtrack to sit next to my Shenmue and Shenmue II vinyl (when it arrives) so I was thinking might just go the 2 LP set and 6 CD set. But yeah, would be nice to have a track listing on the 2 LP set. I want to see what it includes.
After thinking about it for a while (and seeing the sets listed now on the Limited Run site), I think I'm going to go with this option also. Really would love to go for the $350 set, but they will be display pieces for me as I don't have a good vinyl player. I was going to opt for the CD Set (which also looks awesome), but I'll get the 2 LP Shenmue set as well, as you said, to go with the S1 & S2 vinyls. Feels like I have a "full" set then at least lol. Seems like a good in between for me anyway!

It can be an expensive hobby. That's for sure. Take it from someone who caught the vinyl bug and now buys more vinyl than he probably should.

If you do get into it, then at the very least get a decent player. A good starter kit would be the Audio Technica LP60. It's reasonably priced and is a decent entry point as it is a solid player (not without its flaws.) Or shop around on Ebay and you can find older but perfectly good players for fairly decent prices.

I at least want one vinyl edition of the SIII soundtrack to sit next to my Shenmue and Shenmue II vinyl (when it arrives) so I was thinking might just go the 2 LP set and 6 CD set. But yeah, would be nice to have a track listing on the 2 LP set. I want to see what it includes.
I agree. My problem is that a lot of the vinyl I get is limited, so rather than save up for a nice record player, I end up getting the vinyl. I own over 1,000 vinyl (most of them old 7"'s) and I really need to play them on something better than a shitty Crosley. Every summer, me and my friends have a party and myself and another mate DJ. He brings a duo set of Technics he got in 2000 and I get a pang of jealousy every time I use it...

As for expense, put it this way - earlier this summer I got a limited edition single sided 12" vinyl of "Boris" by Boris - only 100 copies exist in the world on red vinyl. The record was about £20, but including postage and customs, it set me back over £50 - all for one 8 1/2 minute song...which I still haven't played.

As for me, as much as I want the full set, I can't see myself playing them that often, so I might go for the CD and 2LP edition to compliment the Data Discs SI&II like you. I love vinyl, but it's not the most user friendly of formats. Anything above 2 discs is a pain in the arse.

I agree. My problem is that a lot of the vinyl I get is limited, so rather than save up for a nice record player, I end up getting the vinyl. I own over 1,000 vinyl (most of them old 7"'s) and I really need to play them on something better than a shitty Crosley. Every summer, me and my friends have a party and myself and another mate DJ. He brings a duo set of Technics he got in 2000 and I get a pang of jealousy every time I use it...

As for expense, put it this way - earlier this summer I got a limited edition single sided 12" vinyl of "Boris" by Boris - only 100 copies exist in the world on red vinyl. The record was about £20, but including postage and customs, it set me back over £50 - all for one 8 1/2 minute song...which I still haven't played.

As for me, as much as I want the full set, I can't see myself playing them that often, so I might go for the CD and 2LP edition to compliment the Data Discs SI&II like you. I love vinyl, but it's not the most user friendly of formats. Anything above 2 discs is a pain in the arse.
You got over 1000 vinyl?!?! DUDE! Go to the thrift store and get yourself a proper turntable for like $15 lmao

Wasn't this meant to be available to pre-order in Europe too via Bigwax? Heard nothing since the announcement on this really.

ryU9vwV.png

Not seeing it on the pre-order store:

Brave Wave Productions are promoting the Limited Run version like mad but silence on the EU one. I'd probably rather order from France than the US.

Wasn't this meant to be available to pre-order in Europe too via Bigwax? Heard nothing since the announcement on this really.

ryU9vwV.png

Not seeing it on the pre-order store:

Brave Wave Productions are promoting the Limited Run version like mad but silence on the EU one. I'd probably rather order from France than the US.
It´s up right now: http://bigwax.io/search?type=product&q=shenmue*

Kaleidoscope sounds like it could have come straight from Goblin's score for the original Suspiria.

Got the FLAC from Bandcamp, the sound quality is amazing!

Edit - Shenhua's Poem might be the most beautiful piece of music in the series to date.
Holyshit, you're not wrong there. Just listened to some of the previews on the store.bravewave.net site, and they are incredible. What an amazing job. Might have to buy the digital as well to be honest. Listening on some RP8 KRK's and it sounds fantastic.

Awesome version of Sedge Flower too from Ryuji Luchi:-

Are the tracks properly credited? It always bugs me when the artist is "Sega" or "Square Enix" etc. The bandcamp pages seems to be a bit of both which is a little concerning.

Oh that's disappointing. Hopefully there will be credits in the booklet of the physical edition. I kinda find it disrespectful not to credit them properly to be honest!
I wonder if the list of who wrote what has been lost. These songs were written 20+ years ago. :(

Back