Shenmue III Trophies -- Story Trophies Hidden for Story Spoilers

So from what I can tell in terms of what's definitely missable:

Side quests
Fishing spots
Herb collection

Has anyone had a trophy pop for any of these things? Ignoring herbs for now i'll list what I'm aware of in Bailu. If I've missed anything please let me know:

Side Quests Bailu :

Fishing competition - Huangs Tackle
Catfish Stamps - Huangs Tackle
King Fu Love - Guy in Joy Park
Ghost buster - Kids Sunflower Grove
Tall Tales - Old man in Sunset Hill
Pawn Broker gives a quest
Mushroom collection - panda market
Herb collection - blind lady
Capsule collection - Tai chi Kid
Soccer ball - panda Market kid

Fishing spots:
Lake North side
Lake South side
Verdant Bridge upstream
Verdant Bridge down stream
Sunflower grove
Side path on way to hermits (reward soccer ball quest)
Riverside sunflower Grove (Mushroom reward)

Do we know of anything else?

Anyone think it's weird that nobody has the herb collecting trophy/trophies yet? Not a single person has found every herb in Bailu?

I would like to kn do u have to complete all quests in one run to get the trophy? or as long as u done them on different runs would it count towards the trophy as long as uv completed all of them at least once?

Anyone think it's weird that nobody has the herb collecting trophy/trophies yet? Not a single person has found every herb in Bailu?
By now, at least one person got them.

Also your fishing spots list misses another unlockable one by the big lake. My guess is it requires a successfull fishing competition.

Also your fishing spots list misses another unlockable one by the big lake. My guess is it requires a successfull fishing competition.
Yes I noticed that one this morning. I've done the fishing Comp succesfully and it didn't unlock for me... Someone must know as trophies have started popping for some people

Also, according to psn profiles nobody has:

Any trophies related to Herb collection
All move scrolls

Possible the herbs trophies are bugged? Myself I have cleared every point on the Herb maps except in the hermit area (currently locked for me as I'm about to take out the boss there). Be interesting to see what happens but I highly doubt I'll be the first to do it!

The website isn't updated. On the PS4 it shows that people managed to get the herb trophies (but yet not a single person for both regions - all herbs)

I just got 'rumoured rodman'

Can confirm the only spots needed are:

2 at the main lake
Stream behind joy Park
Downstream from verdant bridge
Sunflower Grove pool
Pond between panda and hermit (soccer ball quest reward)
River down hill from sunflower Grove (Mushroom request reward)

I'm terms of the alternative rewards, Soccer boy gives a mobile crane rare capsule which you can get from the machine. Mushroom reward is a porcelain vase. Just hoping I don't need this for a future Pawn shop set!

- 2 at the main lake
you did not need the hidden one?

The mobile crane from soccer boy is needed for the set and can not be obtained from capsules.

Last edited:
- 2 at the main lake

The mobile crane from soccer boy is needed for the set and can not be obtained from capsules.
Yes it can - just got the mobile crane earlier from the capsule machine. It’s the rare one of the set so can take some grinding (or luck).

Can anyone point me in the direction of the key capsule machine? It’s the last set I’m missing but no idea where it is. Looking at the notebook entries for capsule machine locations, I think it might be at the port, but I’m at a real loss.

I feel like I’ve explored every inch and even found a secret area with a sex doll and a magazine clipping of an article about Yu Suzuki, but no key capsules...

Could somebody who has made it to the second area confirm the other mini games for the high score trophy? In the panda arcade I have done the following:

High score in wacky mole
Hight score in BOTH QTE games
Completed the police escape car game

I didn't get a trophy so assuming there are more games in the second area?

Could somebody who has made it to the second area confirm the other mini games for the high score trophy? In the panda arcade I have done the following:

High score in wacky mole
Hight score in BOTH QTE games
Completed the police escape car game

I didn't get a trophy so assuming there are more games in the second area?
None that I’m aware of. Out of interest, what’s the score needed for the chase game? I think my best is about 290 and not sure I can push much further.

None that I’m aware of. Out of interest, what’s the score needed for the chase game? I think my best is about 290 and not sure I can push much further.
You need to finish it and escape before police catch you, I don't think there is a specific score you just successfull escape. Took me a few goes but eventually you find a rythm

Highscore is 300, then the minigame ends as you managed to escape from the police.
Took me 27 tries. All between 280 and 295.
Once I got 299 and the police caught me, this was when the PS4 Controller learned to fly...Thankfully it still works

- 2 at the main lake

No, didn't need the hidden lake one, in fact my suspicions are that the lake counts as one location so there are six in total.

4 available from beginning:

Lake
Behind joy park
Downstream verdant bridge
Sunflower Grove pond

2 from quest rewards:
Pond from soccer kid
Sunflower Grove River Mushroom lady

Just a warning for anybody that wants to get all of the move books in one run; it appears there are three trades that require items that are only available in Bailu (Magnifying Glass, Red Radio and Blue Dragon Vase). I’ve searched everywhere and can’t find them, so make sure to pick them up before leaving Bailu. I’m guessing they can be picked up in the prize exchange.

If anybody happens to have found these items in Niaowu, please do let me know where to find them!

I'm also wondering about how to get all the high scores in bailu.
The trophy refers to minigames, not arcade games.
I made sure to win every minigame at least once (including gamble and quests), and when there's a high score I did beat them.
This includes things like hitting the hardest Tail Toss 3 times in a row in a single game on both tail toss games.
I also got the high score in the fishing competition and made sure to complete any other quest/story related minigame successfully.
Also, I won on every single place of a minigame (eg. both arcade machines, even for same game) and I won on every single Lucky Hit board.

Still no trophy. Yet someone at least got it charging by trophies, so it must be possible. I'm wondering what I'm missing. Shenmue 3 really has some of the hardest trophies to figure out.

Maybe someone with access to the debug menu can post a comprehensive list of all minigames in bailu.

Btw. Does someone know if there is a maximum Level you can reach on the the training Mini games? (sparing, horse stance, etc.)? If so, maybe thats what I'm missing.

Last edited:
I'm also wondering about how to get all the high scores in bailu.
The trophy refers to minigames, not arcade games.
I made sure to win every minigame at least once (including gamble and quests), and when there's a high score I did beat them.
This includes things like hitting the hardest Tail Toss 3 times in a row in a single game on both tail toss games.
I also got the high score in the fishing competition and made sure to complete any other quest/story related minigame successfully.
Also, I won on every single place of a minigame (eg. both arcade machines, even for same game) and I won on every single Lucky Hit board.

Still no trophy. Yet someone at least got it charging by trophies, so it must be possible. I'm wondering what I'm missing. Shenmue 3 really has some of the hardest trophies to figure out.
How do you know you need to hit 3 in a row on pail toss?? Does something happen when you do that or are you assuming as that's the best possible result? Most trophies look like they are starting to pop now so somebody out there must know! Agree, it's a bit of a nightmare to find out exactly what they are asking. I really hope none of them are bugged so I haven't been wasting my time in vain! Guess i'll be pottering around in Bailu for a bit longer until somebody works it all out!

Back