Shenmue III Walmart Footage Discussion

hazuki_death_stareptkdb.gif

when u hear people talking shit about shenmue

Is it just me or is that NPC who cowers behind Ryo the same guy in the 2017 extended teaser?

Yes, it's one in the same...it was the first thing I noticed. It's the same scene as in that extended trailer.

They've changed it slightly...in that original trailer it was an older looking man chasing the guy.

Cool shit. Props to that guy for even returning to the store to record it after getting so much grief in the other thread.

Ugh, Chai? I know Suzuki confirmed his returned but looking back on Shenmue I and II, he was one of the only characters who never really sat right with me. He seemed out of place and ultimately unnecessary. Hopefully if he's returning he actually something to contribute to the overall plot, and an interesting backstory.

It would make sense for Chai to finally be able to communicate to Lan Di that Ryo has the Phoenix Mirror.

It is. We can't post it here however, so nobody get any ideas.

Even more curious is how much Niaowu has changed... the back of the shopping street used to be a dead end. Now it's a gate to somewhere else. Very interesting...

I know I was being nitpicky before but I just went back and watched that extended trailer just now and the difference is indeed night and day in that one scene...lighting is so much better, the character models look SOOOO much better.

My one nitpick aside (being the eyes) and you can see the improvement all around and it is so much better all around.

I still think Ryo looks fantastic and that small subtle shift of his eye brow is Ryo through and through. The improvements are noticeable all around.

Other thoughts?

I can't wait to take Chai on again. Chai was one of my favorite fights in the original game.

I'll be playing a ton of whack a mole for sure.

Forklift racing is back!

REN! (just REN!)

I mean my one nitpick aside, there is so much more here that I like than I didn't like. My only nitpick is still with the eyes, but I can live with that. Everything else looked good! It is a noticeable step up from that initial 2017 tease in every way.

My only concerns are still lip syncing and eye animation...but we have a few months before release and I have faith they will be improved. Everything else pleases me.

The overall footage looks fucking incredible. Everytime we see this game there are improvements.

Yes that NPC is slightly off but that's likely why we've got the delay. To ensure stuff like that is corrected.

Guys this game is something well beyond the $7 million budget + whatever else was put in.

Mark my words you will not get a game with as much depth, atmosphere and content from anyone else but Yu for the money. I'll take the trade-off of some slightly off NPC for a full Shenmue 3 experience.

The main models are great, the forklift is great. Fighting looks fine.

The English dub sounds great.

Holy shit! Back to sleep!

Nah, it'll be more recent. English recording was still ongoing in January.

The lip sync on Shenhua at least is pretty great and obvious some hard work has been put in.

Half the scenes are spliced with the Magic trailer, which is backed by metadata evidence showing it was from January.

Anyhow, Ryo's reaction is spot on. The NPC looks like he's talking to the sky lol

As far as lip sync recording, it wasn't done all at once. I'd wager that this was from the earlier completed scenes.

Back