Shenmue III Walmart Footage Discussion

Jibby

🍇
Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
the waiting game.
This thread is for the discussion of the recent Shenmue III Walmart footage discovered by Dojo Legend @Cebman

You can watch the video here (recording by praj:)

Original Tweet:

GIFs by Iwao on ResetERA:
1d0398d528b90a3f5.gif

24a88773113af737b.gif

352cc529816d170b9.gif

44536f18e5244bcfb.gif

5dc1a587deb315d5d.gif

Last edited:
24a88773113af737b.gif

So I was just thinking the layout of the moles matches the arrangement of the d-pad and analog stick on the left, and the four buttons on the right. I guess you just tap any of them to hit the corresponding mole... and knock some of the extreme attitude outta them!
You know, that mole diamond on the right has the same color pattern as the face-buttons on an Xbox controller...

Wonder if that scene with Ren is the Lan Di confrontation. Maybe Ren is the one to lead Ryo to Lan Di one way or another and then says it's up to him.

Thoughts:
  • So is that display running on a PS4 Console?
  • It could be old footage considering the date hasn't been updated. (Not what we would see at E3?)
  • No hint at Xbox One either.
  • Whack a Mole Gamplay, has Ryo's Arm in Shot, rather than a floating Mallet - Good Signs of a budget!
  • New Music? Any Keen Eared Shenmue Fans able to make out the score?

I'm not gonna lie or sugar coat...that vacant expressionless look bothers me still. I mean he isn't even making eye contact with anything. I know, I hate to be that guy. But it just bothers me.

But then I see everything else in this trailer, smile and think "it's Shenmue III in motion! How can I possibly get too upset about this?"

You know, that mole diamond on the right has the same color pattern as the face-buttons on an Xbox controller...
It's likely setup that way because they test the pc version with 360 controllers, but I could be wrong...

I'm not gonna lie or sugar coat...that vacant expressionless look bothers me still. I mean he isn't even making eye contact with anything. I know, I hate to be that guy. But it just bothers me.

But then I see everything else in this trailer, smile and think "it's Shenmue III in motion! How can I possibly get too upset about this?"
If it helps, this seems to be a mix of old and new footage. I'd wager that footage is over a year old at this point.

Back