Shenmue III Walmart Footage Discussion

Surely Chai was lurking around Kowloon then. The cheapness of those dentists there must've been just as useful as the no questions asked mentality.

When I look at Ryo, I say to myself 'That's Ryo'. His character model is spot on!

I remember looking at the early models (below) and thinking to myself 'who the hell is that?'

View attachment 2966
To be fair, if we had ended up with that, it probably wouldn't be the end of the word. It's still clearly Ryo.

This on the other hand...

a435d49c91.png

As many have eluded, Ryo is still a work in progress and still being refined to be a truer depiction of the Ryo we know...

At least now Ryo looks better than this...

View attachment 2967

We may get a truer Ryo closer to this upon release...

View attachment 2969

View attachment 2968

And if not, there’s always PC mods...
For me Ryo is awesome as is now. It really looks like a propper evolution from the one we have on shenmue 1 and 2.
I don't know what more can we ask from that.
If we got the one in the picture, people would be jumping all over because is too shinny.
Just give it a rest.
That whole subject is dead in the water.
Ryo came together really well and has his own uniqueness as it should. I never asked for Hi rez copy paste anyway.
If we got shenmue 3, 4 and 5 on the Dreamcast and Dreamcast 2, Ryo probably would also have changed a lot as a result of tweak and natural game development evolution so.

The NPC in the blue shirt seems to be saying "It was just a portion, I only said one was bad for his luck!"
"One" could be "wine" but I am certain it's "portion" and not "fortune"

Shenhua says "Where are you going to go next?"

Ren says "The rest is up to you."

Between this, the Edge report and the SteamDB trophies I think no one is in the vaporware camp anymore and at the very least it's going to be an OK game that's going to be appreciated by fans of 1 and 2.
Really exciting, I just wonder why Deep Silver didn't just release that trailer publicly, maybe it's on purpose to make it more interesting as a "leak"?

Back