Shenmue III Walmart Footage Discussion

Here's one at 1080p. I'm trying to upload a 2224x1080.

Let me just say it: the SFX for the Forklift and the thomps in Whack-a-Mole are perfect. Great sound design.

5-gatsby.gif

Between this, the Edge report and the SteamDB trophies I think no one is in the vaporware camp anymore and at the very least it's going to be an OK game that's going to be appreciated by fans of 1 and 2.
Anybody legitimately on the vaporware train has been huffing vapors of their own.

Really exciting, I just wonder why Deep Silver didn't just release that trailer publicly, maybe it's on purpose to make it more interesting as a "leak"?
We're probably seeing this, or an extended cut next week.

Nothing about it getting out like this is intentional though, least not because it still has the old release date at the end. This wasn't meant to go out yet, if at all after the date change. Walmart just don't give a fuck, however.

Niaowu has a waterfront arcade centre. Notice GAME spelled out in gold lettering on the building's banner. Hi-Tech Land Panda might be in Bailu after all? Or maybe Niaowu has two arcades with different games.

So much detail in this shot. Floored by how good the game is looking.

sequence06.00_00_17_0ntkio.jpg

Marveling at the beautiful scenery here. Blown away. The SEGA blue skies live on.

sequence06.00_00_18_0wck30.jpg

And some character stills for good measure.

sequence06.00_00_13_0hvkqc.jpg

sequence06.00_00_28_0u4j9b.jpg

sequence06.00_00_30_1ayjjm.jpg

sequence06.00_00_30_291jjh.jpg

For me Ryo is awesome as is now. It really looks like a propper evolution from the one we have on shenmue 1 and 2.
I don't know what more can we ask from that.
If we got the one in the picture, people would be jumping all over because is too shinny.
Just give it a rest.
That whole subject is dead in the water.
Ryo came together really well and has his own uniqueness as it should. I never asked for Hi rez copy paste anyway.
If we got shenmue 3, 4 and 5 on the Dreamcast and Dreamcast 2, Ryo probably would also have changed a lot as a result of tweak and natural game development evolution so.

It’s not about the shininess, but more about Ryo’s inherent familiarity to keep the saga cohesive...but as others have pointed it’s clearly still a work in progress and there’s always PC Mods...

It was last March that I knew that this was the Shenmue III... Not that everyone had been waiting for, but what I had been waiting for, for 16 years. I understand no one had trust in what I was saying back then, and probably still don't now. But, the positivity that I am now reading fills me with as much joy as E3 2015.

People are now starting to see it. Get it. Feel it. Understand it. We are living in the era of negativity, and yes there will be gripes. But to any Shenmue fan worth his/her salt, I will reiterate this one more time;

This is Shenmue III. Yea footage has looked dodgy in the past, but what do you expect? They have had Kickstarter backers breathing down their necks from day 1, culminating in a pressured Gamescom 2017 reveal. They learned from that, and as frustrating as it has been, they kept mum, and got stuck in. Put it this way, if this is what a 30 second cam job does to you folks, what's a trailer, or full on gameplay direct feed footage going to do to you?

Maybe we will find out very soon enough...

It was last March that I knew that this was the Shenmue III...

When did the clips of the QTE machine get released? That was the point I knew that this was the Shenmue III I had been waiting for. I couldn't believe how good everything looked.

Seeing this shaky footage has only added to that excitement. Seeing recognisable faces from the past - aside from Ryo and Shenhua - is what has got me excited again.

Why didn't this footage get released alongside the news that the game was going to be delayed? It would have definitely tempered a lot of anger/disappointment that was around at that time.

Lofty expectations there bud. Gotta keep something in the tank for the rest of the promotional cycle.
i believe the lengthy overview trailer should be revealed now during the most important event up to the release... its an appropriate time to do so (5 months early)

they can easily create another cuts for other events leading to the release including showing off demos etc but the game should sell itself now... they should go out with a bang.
and we as fans should be able to set our expectations toward the final release... it's been 4 years of wait already!

Last edited:
i believe the lengthy overview trailer should be revealed now during the most important event up to the release... its an appropriate time to do so (5 months early)

they can easily create another cuts for other events leading to the release including showing off demos etc but the game should sell itself now... they should go out with a bang.
and we as fans should be able to set our expectations toward the final release... it's been 4 years of wait already!
There are easily 5 or more events on the road to release now though. Paris Expo (confirmed), Gamescom (likely), TGS (possible), Paris Games Week (maybe), and a State of Play (very probably).

Just don't go wild if they don't throw the sheet off everything immediately next week.

Yu Suzuki must be really proud of Ren's jacket. He keeps showing it off, with back shots. Not that Im complaining, its fucking awesome. But come on Yu, show his full face (I know its in the prophecy trailer but thats like half a second, also I think the character model has been updated by then)

Btw, dont think anything nefarious is going on, just think Yu really likes Rens jacket)

Back