Shenmue III Walmart Footage Discussion

If you can, try go there with a laptop and a usb capture device to get a high quality video capture
You can't exactly do that, cables are tied up

Yu Suzuki must be really proud of Ren's jacket. He keeps showing it off, with back shots. Not that Im complaining, its fucking awesome. But come on Yu, show his full face (I know its in the prophecy trailer but thats like half a second, also I think the character model has been updated by then)

Btw, dont think anything nefarious is going on, just think Yu really likes Rens jacket)
lglPOWi.png

Watched the footage again and I think it's safe to say...
...Chai will indeed show up on the boat, based on the metal door behind Ryo...
...which would've been a nice surprise, but hey, this footage is going to show up in a trailer eventually. I would've found out before release either way. Also, yes, there's one very strange looking item in the warehouse, almost like it should belong in the arcade...

All this talk about Chai (which is fairly logical to see in 3 even if he was suspiciously absent from 2) and Ren, but what about Guizhang? I wonder if Master Chen sending Guizhang to Hong Kong months later and actually having him meet with Ryo in Shenmue 3 would be realistic to see, he's my favorite character from 1 and it was criminal that he was so easily taken out of being in the second game.

All this talk about Chai (which is fairly logical to see in 3 even if he was suspiciously absent from 2) and Ren, but what about Guizhang? I wonder if Master Chen sending Guizhang to Hong Kong months later and actually having him meet with Ryo in Shenmue 3 would be realistic to see, he's my favorite character from 1 and it was criminal that he was so easily taken out of being in the second game.
If GuiZhang is in the game I want it to be a surprise. Seriously, I'm gunna be pissed if they spoil any more returning characters in trailers/previews.

But it does make sense for him to show up eventually, whether it's towards the end of III or in IV.

Can't get excited about this. They should better show nothing if this is still supposed to be WIP.

Niaowu has a waterfront arcade centre. Notice GAME spelled out in gold lettering on the building's banner. Hi-Tech Land Panda might be in Bailu after all? Or maybe Niaowu has two arcades with different games.
I missed this! Great spot.

I went back over past screenshots of the building and that's when I discovered the purpose of the giant mole seen in the video: from the Prophecy trailer, at night a couple of similar moles can be seen positioned at the entrance as illuminated crowd-pullers for the arcade.

Last edited:
Back