Shenmue III - What Happened? ft. Super Eyepatch Wolf

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/phz9WnjFVi8/maxresdefault.jpg

Urgh, really? Can someone summarise this video? I'm not giving it the pleasure of a view unless I really have to.

EDIT: I caved. Being honest it's nothing that A wasn't already out there and B in embellishes a few things towards it's slant, like the Sony funding.

That's 25 mins I won't get back.

Last edited:
Eeeeh it was alright. Matt was neutral as per usual bur unfortunately SEPW was not and his video on Shenmue III advertised.

Comment section on fire. Will ignore. They tend to put me in a sour mood as a megafan.

EDIT: They forgot to mention the Shenmue anime when they talked about the future. Huh.

Eeeeh it was alright. Matt was neutral as per usual bur unfortunately SEPW was not and his video on Shenmue III advertised.

Comment section on fire. Will ignore. They tend to put me in a sour mood as a megafan.

EDIT: They forgot to mention the Shenmue anime when they talked about the future. Huh.
Welcome back btw :)

I'm so glad I have no idea who any fucking e-celebs are and don't feel the need to get my opinions from other people.

I miss the days when Consolevania was the only video game review show on the Internet. Back in my day etc.

Oh boy...

Someone should PM him and ask if he's OK hun~

I'm too curious, so will watch it. Then regret it.

EDIT: OK i've watched it and for the most part, it wasn't as bad a hatchet job as I was expecting, but SEW was still as whiny as ever. Any why no mention of the Shenmue anime announcement? Seems like a big oversight if you ask me. And at the end of the day, a lot of it is guesswork; nobody knows the true nature of whether it was "successful" or not and i've made lots of posts of positive reviews and the like. I should rise above this and with anything else, I can let criticism of things I love wash over me, but with Shenmue i'm pretty defensive and annoyed at myself that I get stuff like this get to me.

Last edited:
I usually like those Wha Happun videos but not gonna watch this.

I also don't like S3. It probably isn't a good game, if you are not a die-hard Shenmue fan. I think it probably is the worst game Yu has made in his entire career, at least the worst YS game I've played.

But is it really that bad of a game? Not really, imho. It's mostly serviceable, even good in some moments.

But damn it, most fans liked the game, a lot didn't but most fans enjoyed it. Sucks for me I didn't like the game but come on. This whole S3 bashing thing is getting old.

I wanna move on, I want S4 and leave S3 behind. The fact they didn't even put in the "effort" of a ten-second Google News search and overlooked the Anime shows how hard they worked for this video.

Or more likely they just omitted any mention of the Anime because it conflicts with their message that Shenmue is doomed.

It feels like in the past few years people willfully latch onto whatever misinformation allows them the faintest hope in whatever they're desperately trying to believe in is actually 'real'.

I scrolled through about half the comments and there was not one single decent take out of all of them, just a herd of gazelle with no idea what they are talking about, taking pot shots at a game, creator and series they have zero relation too. Sad that internet culture is like this. There's plenty of stuff that I don't like but the last thing to cross my mind is to seek out videos of them and bitch about them in the comments. Honestly I don't really care but was does upset me is thinking that YsNet and co see these and think they are speaking for the majority of us as they get so many views.

I scrolled through about half the comments and there was not one single decent take out of all of them, just a herd of gazelle with no idea what they are talking about, taking pot shots at a game, creator and series they have zero relation too. Sad that internet culture is like this. There's plenty of stuff that I don't like but the last thing to cross my mind is to seek out videos of them and bitch about them in the comments. Honestly I don't really care but was does upset me is thinking that YsNet and co see these and think they are speaking for the majority of us as they get so many views.
This is why I skipped reading the comments after repsonding to only one and getting like 10 replies with how wrong I am how little I apparently know from following Shenmue for 20 years. So I yeeted the fuck out of those comments.

Back