Shenmue III will be "playable at E3" for press

If it is playable on floor, I might need to figure out a trip to E3......

Also still haven't gotten around to trying to find/build a PC to run the demo or all three games (EDIT perhaps Steam box). The texture mods are maturing more and more, which definitely temps me a lot, let alone Shenmue 3. Really wish there was a Mac Steam release :(

Last edited:
Once again showing it to the press and not the public.

Sorry, this doesnt make me feel that excited. It'll probably be the same exact demo as previously as well.
Did you read the tweets in the OP? Before you get it twisted, we only know this because a games media person let it slip Deep Silver had it on their E3 appointment books (which are usually private).

It's confirmation of Shenmue III at E3, but absolutely not exhaustive confirmation of everything they intend to do or show there. That's not even wishful thinking, you're getting emotional and jumping the gun if you think this is literally all there will be.

Did you read the tweets in the OP? Before you get it twisted, we only know this because a games media person let it slip Deep Silver had it on their E3 appointment books (which are usually private).

It's confirmation of Shenmue III at E3, but absolutely not exhaustive confirmation of everything they intend to do or show there. That's not even wishful thinking, you're getting emotional and jumping the gun if you think this is literally all there will be.

My skepicism is just as valid as any optimism, as thinking it will be there playable for public, without evidence, is also jumping the gun. But we wiil see.

There was me thinking E3 is ages away, then it just hit me with a punch to the gut that it's May within the next hour.

Excuse me whilst I have a panic attack...

Yes E3 is already next month. It is really interesting how fast time flies. I am looking forward to E3 already.

I can understand the skepticism of ShenmueTree but the E3 is not a small local event like the magic Monaco. The press will report on a large scale about everything that happens at E3. so we will get intense media coverage.

It also would not make sense to hide the footage of Shenmue two month before the release of the game.

Back