Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

This is interesting. The timing of these two tweets can’t be coincidence, can it?
If that 1,2,3,4 tweet was teasing this... I swear I'll be taking my revenge lol.

You'd hope it's not coincidence but you never know with Cedric. The day is young (In the UK). So who knows.

He must know the stir he caused yesterday.

If that 1,2,3,4 tweet was teasing this... I swear I'll be taking my revenge lol.

You'd hope it's not coincidence but you never know with Cedric. The day is young (In the UK). So who knows.

Why would Suzuki be there if it was purely about his manga though? Is he involved at all? I’m hoping against hope that we weren’t all (un)intentionally trolled yesterday.

Hmmm.....

Conspiracy time. The background text is from Activbody in San Diego,another company Cedric is involved with. Activbody will be at Magic Monaco in March. Cedric is there to plan for the event and arranged to meet Yu Suzuki to arrange the Shenmue 4 announcement in Monaco. They end up creating some kind of branded wearable tech for Ryo. Shenmue 4 never arrives.

It was too soon to reveal 4.

It would:
-Lower the sales of DLCs.
-Disappoint the fans for not having any footage or it would Disappoint the fans for having low quality and unfinished footage.
-It would also disappoint fans for having to wait 2-3 years to play the game.

It would:
-Disappoint the fans for not having any footage or it would Disappoint the fans for having low quality and unfinished footage.

Unless I’m mistaken, it hasn’t been confirmed that the tweet was not related to S4, has it?

I actually think it would help to sell more DLC by ramping up the excitement and keeping Shenmue in the public eye.

I also don’t think it would result in disappointment involving the other 2 points you made. S3 just came out. Nobody would be expecting it to be released tomorrow.

It would:
Not sure I agree with any of this.

- Announcing Shenmue 4 would get people talking about Shenmue 3 again and could potentially lead to more sales (which could translate to more DLC sold).
- With the engine and character models for main characters already having been made, there’s nothing to say that the footage would be low quality or unfinished. It seems that they were working on Baishu as far back as a year or two ago, so it could be fairly well polished by now (at the very least enough of the area for a short trailer or some screens). I feel like most fans wouldn’t be too bothered if the announcement was made without any new footage. Just look at the footage used for the Kickstarter announcement to see how little fans care (I miss Roy).
- Games tend to get announced 2-3 years ahead of release (In Shenmue 3’s case it was more than 4 years). Announcing the game too close to release doesn’t give publishers enough chance to build the hype and the longer they leave it before announcing it the higher the likelihood of somebody attached to the project announcing it by mistake (see the Facebook post from last month), effectively taking control of the situation from them. Besides, who’s to say that a 4th game would take 2-3 years? The time between the release of S1 and S2 in Japan was only around 20 months. Assuming the same gap between the release of S3 and S4, it could be ready in as soon as 17 months.

Agreed. I have encountered more than a few people who are uninterested in playing 3 until they know the series is coming to an end. I see no circumstance where knowing Shenmue IV is coming can be viewed as a negative or have a negative impact on the sales of Shenmue III. I think the sooner we hear Shenmue IV is coming, the better.

Last edited:

The hell is 'Blitz' manga?

So are we not getting Shenmue 4 then? :cautious: Was that 1-2-3-4 tweet about something else?

It's a manga that Cedric is helping publish. I don't think the two are related, no. Why would Yu Suzuki fly to San Diego for a manga launch anyway?
The only thing I can think of is Shenmue 4 becoming a manga, but I'd like to not think of that happening 😂

Conspiracy time. The background text is from Activbody in San Diego,another company Cedric is involved with. Activbody will be at Magic Monaco in March. Cedric is there to plan for the event and arranged to meet Yu Suzuki to arrange the Shenmue 4 announcement in Monaco. They end up creating some kind of branded wearable tech for Ryo. Shenmue 4 never arrives.

Kosta Yanev is the inventor of Activbody’s exercise system and the company’s founder. Prior to building this company, he wanted a device that would help him integrate daily exercises into his busy schedule. Kosta is a nuclear physicist and holds a Ph.D. in computer science. He has worked at CERN in Switzerland and has founded and launched numerous successful businesses including FTSAM (airport development), Great Bear (GTBR), Company for Energy Saving (JV with RWE – Germany), DONTNOD Entertainment (Paris), Shibuya Productions (Monaco) and now Activbody.

Yeah, the head guy here is Cedric's Shibuya partner. I find that pretty interesting in itself. I think Shibuya is much better financed than any of us realize...

And you wondered why I said that it's too soon to announce Shenmue 4 ...

Edit: Sry dumb reply. Thought that manga is the one was really announced.

Last edited:
It is never to early to announce S4 if they really want to make it. You have to strike the iron as long as it is hot. If you wait to long the general public will forget about game very fast. And the close the next gen Systems come, the current gen will be forgotten rather fast. If S4 is Happening it is going to be a current gen game I think.

I asume it is rather unlikely to see a next gen Version. because of the higher Costs.

I really hope S4 is going to be revealed this year. If nothing is going to happen in the 2020 the changes are bad that anything will happen at all.

But that's just my opinion.

Back