Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

Speaking of them making other games, while I'd want Ys Net to work on more IPs other than Shenmue, I think finishing the Shenmue series should be their top priority at the moment.

Shenmue will likely never get another revival like the one we're currently experiencing. Ys Net can create other games in tandem with Shenmue 4, but I'd be very nervous if they shelved Shenmue once again to entirely focus on new IPs. I don't think Shenmue could survive that.
Exactly this. If Shenmue IV does start production they need to have some kind of forward plan to complete the series. I don’t know how feasible that is but Yu is not getting any younger…

I don't believe that Ys Net is currently working on other IP's; they could be working for other companies; like Sega, etc... with some smaller jobs.
Shenmue 3 is what brought back Yu Suzuki into the gaming industry and what put Ys Net on the spotlight; so Shenmue 4 can only be their top priority.
What better way to end his carrer other than finishing the Shenmue series.
Also; the Shenmue series will only continue to sell if the series is finished if not there will be no interest for other players to get into the series.
Shenmue may not sell millions; but with the series finished, the series will always spark the interest in new players and will continue to sell steadily by being revered has a cult classic of the gaming industry.
Finishing the Shenmue series will cement Yu Suzuki's legacy has one of the most innovative and influencial video game developers in the history of the gaming industry.
A Super Star game developer that fell out of grace in his prime and layed dorment for many years and was brought back into the spotlight and the center stage of the gaming industry by its fans to finish his career by completing his unfinished masterpiece.

Last edited:
For as long as there are those who wish to see Shenmue live on, I will never give up on my own personal journey to complete its story. As with Shenmue 3, the Shenmue story is with you.

I sincerely hope that, together, we can continue to spin the tale of Ryo and his adventures in Shenmue 4.

This goes out to all who have ever loved and supported Shenmue. - Yu Suzuki

Keep the faith, i will never give up on Shenmue, someday Shenmue will be complete, this is my dream, BELIEVE IT. 😁

1628268151135.png

All joking aside, I think Cedric continuing to reassure the fandom like this can only be a good sign.

Shibuya has a slew of other projects to focus on; Cedric could easily act like pre-2015 Sega and ignore us if Shenmue 4 was a lost cause.

@Hiki Same here. I will also never give up my hope that S4 and maybe even 5 could become a reality. You can call me a loyal fan that will always speak up for the franchise.

@Revan Yes ignoring us if everything is really lost would be the more easier way. That Cedric and Yu-sam himself stays vocal about the potential future of the series is a good sign. But we have to be realistic as well. Just because people want to make another one does not automatically mean that they can do it right now. they still need to get the funds ready for doing so.

EDIT // Bon Jovi already used... (got excited seeing Billy Joel as I binged his back catalogue last week)

That's what I get for jumping ahead...

Should've kept the faith and used this instead

Why sorry? LB's version shits on the original.

(quick rant lol)

The band was only ever hated by people for 2 reasons:

1. Metal people hated them because, "tHeY aReN't MeTaL!" and they aren't; Nu Metal is an offshoot of Alternative, not of Metal, so that community always had punching bags in LB, Crazy Town, Methods of Mayhem, P.O.D., etc., who had issues separating the two genres.

2. Fred wrote simple lyrics and his behavior/attitude in the late 90s/early 00s was easy to rip on: "white kid from trailer park trash NC," etc. The demographic that had nothing to do with that region/"culture," of the US (ie: the entire world, basically), hated HIM because of that and everything associated with him (ie: the band), despite the fact that two of the musicians were easily among the 3 most-talented of mainstream Alternative/Punk/Rock at the time (and they still are phenomenal musicians) and the guitarist had a following for his style and attire that made him super-popular. This was further compounded by Fred PLAYING UP to this persona/behavior, which made him even easier to hate and rip on; sometimes playing the guy everybody hates is fruitful (and they did see a ton of success until around 2002 or so), but in his case, the fruitfulness didn't last, which is when I think he realized he needed to grow up and act his age (which he did).

I can agree that a lot of the lyrics can be juvenile, simple, mindless and shallow, but the band's entire existence was to have fun and, "roll with the good times." The only serious material they ever put out was on 1/2 an album (Results May Vary. Half is classic LB, the other half is serious stuff) and 1 LP (The Unquestionable Truth: Part 1). The entire rest of their catalogue is all fun, enjoyable stuff that is not meant to be taken as musical virtuosity, but it isn't trash or anything; it is just LB's style, like it or not.

Regardless, around 2009 or so, when they got back together, you could see that Fred still likes to be fun and goofy, but he had grown/matured greatly from their heyday and the hate that they received back then, is absolutely not warranted anymore, as they aren't the same group as they used to be; people change and become evolved, thus we should all evolve as well and leave the past as the past.

Sorry for the rant lol. Maybe @Reprise will have a different POV on LB than myself, but I always felt that deserved hate or not, it isn't 2001 anymore and hating on old shit gets, well, old.

I’ve never been a Limp Bizkit fan, but you can’t deny that Fred has a sense of humor or is given more shit than he deserves. Lately, it’s obvious he doesn’t take himself that seriously at all. I also give him credit for his movie making career. He branched out and managed to make a few movies that were somewhat successful.

homer_lurking.gif

Back