Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

Sorry I couldn’t share more exciting news, but news is news... Probably a squatter. I think you could buy the domain for a fairly small figure for a while. It's hard to remember. I know I was surprised no one snatched it up...'til three days ago. If we're getting excited over domains, Shenmue5.com has been registered for even longer.

Last edited:
This site is a great tool for those of us who like to snoop:

Every domain with Shenmue in its name. It's how I spoiled the Shenmue World surprise, kind of. Sorry.

Oddly enough, it was registered way before Shenmue4.com. :hmm:

Honestly, I think Shenmue4.com was going for about $200 when I last looked. Easy domain to snatch and squat on. :(

Oddly enough, it was registered way before Shenmue4.com. :hmm:

Honestly, I think Shenmue4.com was going for about $200 when I last looked. Easy domain to snatch and squat on. :(
Wouldn't the domain be on sale though? If I was YsNET and wanted to buy the domain, there is no way of even contacting the owner, no?

Wouldn't the domain be on sale though? If I was YsNET and wanted to buy the domain, there is no way of even contacting the owner, no?
There are ways of contacting the owner indirectly, but they could just as easily reach out to YSNet with an offer if and when S4 is announced. To be fair, the current landing page is Japanese, so there’s a slim chance that it’s YSNet who purchased it. I’m not holding my breath on that though as the registration method is not in keeping with the company’s other sites.

Edit: Nevermind. Looks like it was registered by somebody in the UK and so is probably somebody looking to flip it for profit somewhere further down the line.

Last edited:
As annoying as it could be I wouldn't be too worried.

The Shenmue III page is done via Deep Silvers page and isn't Shenmue3.com. I think the same is in place for the re-releases via SEGA. Plenty of ways around it :)

Back