Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

Twelve??? Well, I mean... I'll be a negative Nancy and say they do publish a LOT of IPs now, but that's a lot of titles.

I mean, it stands to reason they would possibly invest in Shenmue once more. I guess we need to see if any hints drop in the coming two weeks here.

Have to keep an eye on Cedric and Yu coming up. Remember--the last time Cedric was asked about Shenmue IV, it wasn't the usual "shopping around" schpiel. This time it was "cannot comment."

We shall see.

Cedric also said that they have a pitch video and that the graphics look stunning in that video, maybe they’ll use it as a teaser if it’s revealed in June?

Figuring/creating out a prototype that can simultaneously:
  • Make the game-play more modern/accessible to a broader fanbase while not alienating the faithful
  • Make the story accessible to a newer audience
  • Use no more than the last budget of the previous game?
Seems like it'd be tough...

Yes Shenmue 4 is unlikely but not total impossible. Koch Media is full of surprises. After all Deep Silver helped to fund a new studio to make Time Splliters a series dead for ages. A series that has fallen out of time in a manner speaking. So it is not fully impossible that they give Shenmue 4 a chance as well. Maybe we ar not learning about it in the next couple of weeks that does not mean that it is not gonna to happen eventually.

Twelve??? Well, I mean... I'll be a negative Nancy and say they do publish a LOT of IPs now, but that's a lot of titles.

I mean, it stands to reason they would possibly invest in Shenmue once more. I guess we need to see if any hints drop in the coming two weeks here.

Have to keep an eye on Cedric and Yu coming up. Remember--the last time Cedric was asked about Shenmue IV, it wasn't the usual "shopping around" schpiel. This time it was "cannot comment."

We shall see.
How many of those 12 franchises have a devoted following? That’s what gives me hope. Shenmue 4 is less of a bet than many other games.

Figuring/creating out a prototype that can simultaneously:
  • Make the game-play more modern/accessible to a broader fanbase while not alienating the faithful
  • Make the story accessible to a newer audience
  • Use no more than the last budget of the previous game?
Seems like it'd be tough...
Hate to fall back on Yakuza because I’ve been at the forefront of fighting off those comparisons, but I think they could learn a lot from Yakuza. The game doesn’t need to be “wacky” like Yakuza, but they could learn a lot about good town design and how to give people details without making the details become a chore.

I hope Shenmue 4 is announced this month but I’m worried it’s just going to become radio silent for months and eventually years.

Probably just wishful thinking but this gives me some hope that Shenmue might be one of the announcements there, these are some of their other franchises with decent followings

Attachments

• 1ADCE51B-0DC2-4F18-B45B-AFA32C706209.jpeg
    1ADCE51B-0DC2-4F18-B45B-AFA32C706209.jpeg
    666.3 KB · Views: 49
I'm crossing my fingers and toes that against hope that Shenmue IV

We shall see.
That's awesome I somehow missed the missed comment remark do you know how recently this was?

I'm crossing my fingers and toes that against hope that Shenmue IV

That's awesome I somehow missed the missed comment remark do you know how recently this was?
I forget when but it wasn't too long ago when someone asked him on Twitter. He used to say something like "actively shopping around"; this time it was basically "no comment" or "cannot comment" which has very different meaning in the world of NDAs, potential deals, exclusivity, etc.

Or... he got sick of us hanging on to his every word. :(

Probably just wishful thinking but this gives me some hope that Shenmue might be one of the announcements there, these are some of their other franchises with decent followings
I don’t know, doesn’t this more indicate they (Deep Silver themselves) may not have many announcements at the Koch show? And Shenmue falls under the Deep Silver umbrella

I don’t know, doesn’t this more indicate they (Deep Silver themselves) may not have many announcements at the Koch show? And Shenmue falls under the Deep Silver umbrella
Koch says they have big announcements but deep silver have deconfirmed dead island, saints row, metro and timesplitters so maybe that leaves room for Shenmue potentially? who knows, though I hope for it, it’s unlikely

What are koch's other big games other than the ones that they said wouldn't show

I think if its not Timesplitters, Metro, Dead Island or Saints Row ...
then my next bet would be Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 as a new announcement
and a update for the game Chorus.
I think thats a pretty safe bet for Deep Silver.
Koch Media bought Warhorse Studios after they released Kingdom Come together
and they didnt say a single word about part 2 since then.
Chorus was announced last year but with not much information.

Other possible reveals: DLC / Addons for games like Wasteland 3 or Outward,
... or Shenmue 4. I mean there is a chance.
Maybe its nothing of that and all of them are new announcements.

Other Koch / THQ Nordic (not directly Deep Silver) projects that are waiting for an official reveal:
Gothic Remake, Elex 2
and probably dozens of unannounced projects.

Koch’s various accounts have shared lots of Shenmue tweets over the months. Not saying they’re announcing anything, but I wouldn’t say they wouldn’t announce Shenmue either.

It totally could be Shenmue 4, i mean they didnt mention Shenmue
in that tweet about games that they are not going to show at E3 ...

But you also have to remember that Deep Silver is just one gaming department of Koch Media
and they usually dont have dozens of new games.
So now where they already said that its not about all of these other IPs,
it probably means that Deep Silver will only have one or two games for E3 and thats it.

One of these games will be Chorus, pretty sure. Because this still needs a release date etc.
So theres probably only room for maybe one other game
like Kingdom Come 2 or Shenmue 4
and in this scenario my bet would be Kingdom Come 2 because Part 1 is older than Shenmue 3
and Deep Silver / Koch Media bought the whole developer studio.

Back