Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

The great wall of china and baisha stuff is the most concrete evidence here, and it's compelling stuff! Reminds me of how shen1&2 were developed in tandem, with assets and locations from 2 being "game ready" from before 1 even released.

I genuinely think we're going to see a shenners 4 announcement this year, and as one of the shenmue fans who loved 3 from start to finish, let's just say I can't wait!

The great wall of china and baisha stuff is the most concrete evidence here, and it's compelling stuff! Reminds me of how shen1&2 were developed in tandem, with assets and locations from 2 being "game ready" from before 1 even released.

I genuinely think we're going to see a shenners 4 announcement this year, and as one of the shenmue fans who loved 3 from start to finish, let's just say I can't wait!
I’ve only finished the game today and I have to wonder if this is Shenmue 1&2 all over again. First time around so much of the promo material was actually from Shenmue 2 so they could be further on down the line in terms of area and character design than possibly first expected.
How epic would it be if at E3 or something they are like oh yeah we just kept going and S4 is cooking nicely see you soon!!

I like these kind of positive threads.

Reading all your interesting posts made me realize one thing:

Shenmue 1 & 2 were developed as a single game, doing the same for Shenmue 3 & 4 would be a wise choice for YsNet, maybe you guys are right when you say that the S3 content that was cutted could be included in S4.

But what about the publishers and investors?
Everyone knows that this is a long term series that needs many chapters to be completed, and if Deep Silver and Epic funded Shenmue as a series of games instead of just Shenmue 3?
Wishful thinking?

Maybe this was Yu's plan all along and perhaps why it took so long - to get the right partners and funding to see his vision completed. Kickstarter was there just to show to his partners that there was a great amount of interest.

An all-round brilliant and convincing post, ShenSun! (y)

Last edited:
Great thread, it does seem like IV could be coming sooner or later (hoping for sooner!). While I had a few issues with III I still really enjoyed it, and after that ending I really want them to go ahead with a fourth game to expand and move on from the last hour or so of the game, so much potential there.

Yeah, I think so too. I would be surprised if it turns out Shenmue IV isn't already well on its way. Which makes me think that Yu's Shanghai research might be for V! Overly optimistic there, I know, but it's nice to think about. Positive topic!

Cedric recently commented that he is happy with Shenmue 3 and we should move on to the next steps with a winky face

ifhZno9.png

Its obvious to me what he's referring to. And its not his new manga. Although, i do encourage everyone to pick up a copy of Blitz to show support for our favorite hypeman, Cedric.

I mentioned this in another thread: I think it's curious that Cedric has made a point to Like all the replies to this tweet where fans are basically asking: 'Shenmue 4 in 2020?'

1578218923733.png

Maybe I'm reaching, but if I wasn't trying to hype up the possibility of a Shenmue 4, I would refrain from such behaviour.

More like a dump truck. I remember the "Magic will be EPIC for Shenmue!" claim which basically amounted to some Niao Sun cosplay.

Though making a point to Like tweets asking if he's referring to Shenmue 4 in 2020 is a bit...much. If there are no Shenmue 4 plans, I'd refrain from this.

Don't forget that Cedric has teased the community numerous times in the past. I'd always take what he says with a grain of salt.
I'd certainly urge caution but as @Revan said above it would be silly to be liking all these posts without some substance to it.

Cedric will be more than aware of how bonkers we go for any sort of news, though he could be liking these posts because he wants it too & nothings set in stone.

We shall see.

Shenmue 2282619 confirmed!

Hell yeah man. The series will last 789 years. Wish I had kids who continue the journey I began and then their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids... All on the same save file. Radical.

(But seriously, why would he hold up 4 fingers?)

Hell yeah man. The series will last 789 years. Wish I had kids who continue the journey I began and then their kids and their kids and their kids and their kids... All on the same save file. Radical.

(But seriously, why would he hold up 4 fingers?)
Haha indeed.

Yeah on a serious note it is a little odd. Certainly a good find though :)

None of this means it will happen. Most are called ester eggs...

Sales = IV and so far they aren't anywhere near good enough sadly.

The Baisha screenshot and the CSI zoom-in on the Great Wall promo shot made this thread be worth it. Thanks for sharing, I was one of the people who got a bit disappointing with 3 but regardless seeing those pictures already made me hyped for 4.

Agreed on all points. I see far more obscure games keep getting new entries. Romance of three kingdoms keeps chugging for example and I've never met anyone whose played them.

I've been meaning to play it forever on the PS4 but I only completed Nobunaga's Ambition with a plat there. People do play them enough to justify sequels :p

Back