Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

Yeah, I don't really believe Platinum would have anything to do with Shenmue... But it is fun to consider. Tomorrow being the 4th probably helps for any 4-related news for all sorts of series, though maybe 4/4/2020 might've made more sense...

Appears Platinum's announcement is this:

I dont trust this stuff. I think by now most of these "riddle tease tweets" (announcements, events, streams etc)
were a disappointment instead of being a great surprise. So all my disappointment alarm bells are ringing again.

For all we know SM4 could had been in development since January. Lakshya Digital recent twit might just fit in SM4 NPC delivery order from YSNet.

Temper expectations folks, although I know that won’t stop us from speculating about every single morsel of detail from here on out.

Isn't it a bit early to announce S4? It hasn't even been 3 months since S3 was released. Not that I wouldn't be happy but I find this so early.

I think it's better than letting the idea Shenmue is dead linger. We already waited 18 years. I don't see much value in making us yearn for more games. Some folks I know don't even want to play Shenmue 3 knowing that it barely moves the story and would rather wait until the series is finished to keep going.

I still think he'd have to be completely out of his mind to post something like that and not intend it to have any meaning. I don't buy it. He's been down this road too many times. I refuse to believe a dude running a successful business is that oblivious.

I still think he'd have to be completely out of his mind to post something like that and not intend it to have any meaning. I don't buy it. He's been down this road too many times. I refuse to believe a dude running a successful business is that oblivious.

he would have to be a totally sadistic bastard.

he would have to be a totally sadistic bastard.
Yeah he is way to tied to the fanbase to not realize what people would think that tweet implies. He would be "canceled" if it is anything other than a soft confirmation that Shenmue 4 is well underway lmao

A little torn.

On the one hand, Cedric will have known how this tweet would be viewed by Shenmue fans and so, unless he’s a complete asshole and is trolling the fan base, it suggests very strongly that there’s news about Shenmue 4 inbound.

On the other hand, do you really think DS and YSNet would be happy with Cedric making a quasi-announcement to his relatively small follower base? It’s possible that he’s just gone off-book and jumped the gun, but if that were the case I’d expect the tweet to have been taken down already or a second tweet to provide some misdirection.

Will be interesting to see how this develops in the coming days.

Isn't it a bit early to announce S4? It hasn't even been 3 months since S3 was released. Not that I wouldn't be happy but I find this so early.
Yeah, personally I'm 90% sure that Suzuki and his team are already working on Shenmue 4, but usually formal game announcements happen only once the project is far enough to show something, which is usually several months after work has already started.

I'm sure they announce it when they're ready.

...Especially after dealing with the inherently toxic public progress of kickstarters. Oof.

The Wonderful 101 Kickstarter is doing surprisingly well.

A little torn.

On the one hand, Cedric will have known how this tweet would be viewed by Shenmue fans and so, unless he’s a complete asshole and is trolling the fan base, it suggests very strongly that there’s news about Shenmue 4 inbound.

On the other hand, do you really think DS and YSNet would be happy with Cedric making a quasi-announcement to his relatively small follower base? It’s possible that he’s just gone off-book and jumped the gun, but if that were the case I’d expect the tweet to have been taken down already or a second tweet to provide some misdirection.

Will be interesting to see how this develops in the coming days.

WELL.... Koch Media UK possibly already teased more Shenmue with the I SEE 2020 image. Unless they mean the DLC of course

Back