SHENMUE MANIA ANNOUNCED!! (New Shenmue Game From SEGA) - APRIL FOOLS 2021

Jibby

🍇
Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
the waiting game.

Did a double take at this one when I saw it. Without any warning, SEGA appear to have just dropped a trailer for a new Shenmue game. It’s called ‘Shenmue Mania’ and it’s a... retro style 2D platformer? Yeah, I sure didn’t see this one coming either, but tbh it actually looks kinda fun. Something interesting I noticed too is that the trailer seems to suggest that Yu Suzuki is directly involved. If this game is an actual collaboration between SEGA and Suzuki, then surely that’s a big deal, right? On top of that, there are also direct references to Shenmue III which as far as I’m aware isn’t really in character for SEGA, so I’m not sure what to make of it.

What do you guys think? Will you be playing this when it comes out, even though it’s not a traditional Shenmue game? Or are you passing on this one? Interested to see what people’s thoughts are. I’ll probably give it a try depending on how much it is at launch. More Shenmue is always a plus for me. Especially when it’s coming directly from SEGA. Interested to hear your thoughts though.

This is great news, I always wanted a Shenmue beat em up. It's good to see Sega trying to do something Shenmue related. This further gives me hope for Shenmue 4 coming sooner than later.

Did a double take at this one when I saw it. Without any warning, SEGA appear to have just dropped a trailer for a new Shenmue game. It’s called ‘Shenmue Mania’ and it’s a... retro style 2D platformer? Yeah, I sure didn’t see this one coming either, but tbh it actually looks kinda fun. Something interesting I noticed too is that the trailer seems to suggest that Yu Suzuki is directly involved. If this game is an actual collaboration between SEGA and Suzuki, then surely that’s a big deal, right? On top of that, there are also direct references to Shenmue III which as far as I’m aware isn’t really in character for SEGA, so I’m not sure what to make of it.

What do you guys think? Will you be playing this when it comes out, even though it’s not a traditional Shenmue game? Or are you passing on this one? Interested to see what people’s thoughts are. I’ll probably give it a try depending on how much it is at launch. More Shenmue is always a plus for me. Especially when it’s coming directly from SEGA. Interested to hear your thoughts though.

You almost had me...ALMOST :D

(good work on the video though guys...impressive work)

Sweet!!!’ Finally a continuation of Shenmue! And without needing to spend tons of money on state of the art graphics, YsNet can concentrate on the story this time! I’m so excited! All aboard the hype train y’all!

Damn April 1st 🖕 @Jibby

I knew something was up when I saw your name in the credits. This looks really good though.😅

I hate you guys! I just hate you. I was so happy when I thought that Yu was working alongside Sega.
You had me big time. 😝

Edit: there was also am2 in the trailer 😂

I am sobbing. What an epiphanic, spiritually fulfilling masterpiece of a Shenmue sequel. I was gripping my chair for dear life while watching lest I fell over. Ryo jumping out of 2D soda cans in Mega Drive graphics? This is exactly what Shenmue 3 should have been and captures the essence of the series perfectly.

I am however concerned by the sheer amount of gameplay on offer. This game should really be more like a visual novel.

Edit: In all seriousness, nice trailer. (y)

Edit 2: Oh shit! You guys caught Sega's attention, well done.

Last edited:
Haha, you had me going for about 5 seconds ;)

I would have also accepted Nozomi Dating Simulator. Actually getting Ryo to confess his feelings is the equivalent of 10 platinum tophies~

Yazuza RPG with turn based combat was also an april fool🙄

Can we actually have Shenmue Mania, for real?
It looks hella good :LOL:

Done. I can't believe this has made me go on Twitter twice in a month. I only use it on the 4th haha.

Back