SHENMUE MANIA ANNOUNCED!! (New Shenmue Game From SEGA) - APRIL FOOLS 2021

@Jibby how did you make this look so convincing? Can we get @Jibby and @LemonHaze to work on this. Even the music had that Sonic Mania type remix.
Lots of Adobe After Effects magic for the motion graphics, and SliverOfSand's artistic talents for the gameplay segments! I may write up a 'Making of Shenmue Mania' article later.

Wait no uh... I mean... it's so convincing because it's REAL!!

I hope it has full voice acting, in glorious Mega Drive sound chip quality!!!

Well everyone, in case you couldn't tell already, this has been our 2021 April Fools joke!

This video was a collaboration between myself and the incredibly talented @SliverOfSand who very kindly agreed to provide the character sprites as well as a vast majority of the other art you see during the 'gameplay' segments. I couldn't have done it without him so please show him some love!

If you'd like to see a comparison between Shenmue Mania and the original Sonic Mania trailer it was based on, check out this video:

Thanks again everyone for being such good sports! The response to this has been been absolutely mind-blowing. This whole thing has been months in the making, but it was 100% worth it just to see everyone's reactions!

Look, I'm really happy for this 2D thing, but we know what all the Dreamcast folks wanted: Shenmue (adventure) III-- and no, Shenmue Online didn't count.

(That said, the new drop kick looks great-- mud spider + run trigger in one. Can't wait to speed run the Tomato Mart)

Well everyone, in case you couldn't tell already, this has been our 2021 April Fools joke!

This video was a collaboration between myself and the incredibly talented @SliverOfSand who very kindly agreed to provide the character sprites as well as a vast majority of the other art you see during the 'gameplay' segments. I couldn't have done it without him so please show him some love!

If you'd like to see a comparison between Shenmue Mania and the original Sonic Mania trailer it was based on, check out this video:

Thanks again everyone for being such good sports! The response to this has been been absolutely mind-blowing. This whole thing has been months in the making, but it was 100% worth it just to see everyone's reactions!
Im not a good sprite/pixel artist but i can make a shenmue mania game on unity if i can get the art please😎

If the community help me for sprites, music, translation (im french i dont speak english very well ) ,feedback etc.. i can do it im an game developper, im working on a similar game to shenmue mania but its in 3d its called hood story: kaito yamazaki so i know what to do.

Saw this yesterday, and although I instantly thought Apri Fool's (as I was already getting bombarded), I can honestly say the music had me second-guessing the whole thing for a second , like...

giphy.gif

Great job :eek:

I'm half surprised you guys didn't go with a black screen and a simple IV on it, btw :)

Just for the record.

Im not a good sprite/pixel artist but i can make a shenmue mania game on unity if i can get the art please😎
Thanks for the offer! But there could potentially be plans in the future to use these assets for another project (nothing is actively being discussed right now, but the possibility is there).

Thanks for the offer! But there could potentially be plans in the future to use these assets for another project (nothing is actively being discussed right now, but the possibility is there).
I understand im currently doing shenmue music on fl stuido i think i will work on a small Shenmue 2D game this april fool inspired me :ROFLMAO:

Well that's my best attempt maybe i wont work on a shenmue 2D game finally :ROFLMAO:
New Character.png

Well, it’s not quite Ryo, but it’s almost like his brother, Kyo.
at least I tried. :ROFLMAO: Im not good at doing sprite i only work on 3D games

Back