Shenmue samples in songs and songs sampling Shenmue

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Not sure if the topic has been discussed but I wanted to talk about this topic for some time now.

Case 1: White Dynasty Qr. (Day) and the unknown oriental sample

I was watching the movie Taxi 2 (or Taxi Taxi in Germany) the other day. In the scene where one of the French cops chases a bunch of Ninjas you get to hear this song

This is a remixed version of Westoriental Trip by Antique, which was released in 1999 on their album "Mera Me Ti Mera".
The sample I'm talking about pretty much goes from 0:00 - 0:04 and is looped throughout the whole song.
Antique on the other hand used the sample from Kemal Malovcics 1997 "Usamljena Srca" (not gonna post it so the thread doesn't become too long)

Here you can hear the sample being used between 0:34 and 0:38

I can't track the sample further back at the moment but I assume it wasn't created by Kemal Malovcic or any of his producers. Also I'm not quite sure when the soundtrack for Shenmue 2 was recorded so maybe some of you can shed a little bit more light on this one?

Case 2: South Carmain Qr. (Day) and Kunta Kinte...... maybe?

Ok I admit I'm going out on a limb with this one πŸ˜…

0:08 - 0:15 (to me atleast) sounds like.....

0:00 - 0:05

Again I'm going out on a limb here but it just reminds me of South Carmain Qr. Would love to hear you guys opinion on this one.

Case 3: Oh god why I hate this
This time it is the Shenmue soundtrack being sampled.

I really don't want to talk about this one....
----------
I was going to talk about Hip de Hop and Gangstarrs "Work" but that might even be a bigger stretch than South Carmain Qr. and "Kunta Kinte"
I'd love to see what you guys think of this. Maybe I'm right with these videos, maybe I'm just slowly losing my mind - who knows!

If you got more cases of Shenmue using samples or vice versa, let us hear 'em

Cool topic!

While it's vaporwave (some consider that mere remixing, vs. sampling etc.) the album MARKET WORLD by ショッピングワールドjp features several Shenmue songs, most from the Passport. It's a clever re-purposing of these songs, used in a shopping mall setting. (Perhaps some late capitalism commentary, or just love of cheery Jpop?)

Endless Staircase, Shopping Times, Digital Sheen, and Playing Time are the examples I can think of.

Wow, that's... trippy :D But nice find!
Now that you mention it, remixes are another can of worms so I don't really know how to classify or sort vaporwave and remixes in general.

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Not sure if the topic has been discussed but I wanted to talk about this topic for some time now.

Case 1: White Dynasty Qr. (Day) and the unknown oriental sample

I was watching the movie Taxi 2 (or Taxi Taxi in Germany) the other day. In the scene where one of the French cops chases a bunch of Ninjas you get to hear this song
This is a remixed version of Westoriental Trip by Antique, which was released in 1999 on their album "Mera Me Ti Mera".
The sample I'm talking about pretty much goes from 0:00 - 0:04 and is looped throughout the whole song.
Antique on the other hand used the sample from Kemal Malovcics 1997 "Usamljena Srca" (not gonna post it so the thread doesn't become too long)

Here you can hear the sample being used between 0:34 and 0:38

I can't track the sample further back at the moment but I assume it wasn't created by Kemal Malovcic or any of his producers. Also I'm not quite sure when the soundtrack for Shenmue 2 was recorded so maybe some of you can shed a little bit more light on this one?

Case 2: South Carmain Qr. (Day) and Kunta Kinte...... maybe?

Ok I admit I'm going out on a limb with this one πŸ˜…

0:08 - 0:15 (to me atleast) sounds like.....

0:00 - 0:05

Again I'm going out on a limb here but it just reminds me of South Carmain Qr. Would love to hear you guys opinion on this one.

Case 3: Oh god why I hate this
This time it is the Shenmue soundtrack being sampled.

I really don't want to talk about this one....
----------
I was going to talk about Hip de Hop and Gangstarrs "Work" but that might even be a bigger stretch than South Carmain Qr. and "Kunta Kinte"
I'd love to see what you guys think of this. Maybe I'm right with these videos, maybe I'm just slowly losing my mind - who knows!

If you got more cases of Shenmue using samples or vice versa, let us hear 'em

The Shenmue hip-hop sample is fireπŸ”₯ πŸ”₯πŸ”₯. I wish I could understand what he's saying.

Back