Shenmue The Animation Announced

Man.......I have great expectations for the Ryo fights ! With the recent cobra-kai-karate-80's-hype now, I think a considerable group of new fans will be created thanks to all martial art of Shenmue

tenor.gif

Corey and Brianna are both tweeting about it :unsure: 😅
Thanks @James Brown for the heads up!

I think Corey And Brianna are probably the most likely actors to join in for a dub. Brianna has tons of experience in anime dubs, and Corey, well, he's the only Ryo I know :D

Worst that happens is they finish off the series in Anime form if IV and V do happen to fall through.

Would that be so bad? If that were the case then at least we'd get closure and a complete story told in Anime form. Isn't that what we all wanted if III couldn't happen? Back in the dark days when we all hoped but thought it would never happen.

Don't get me wrong. I hope IV and V happen. I want this series to end in game form just the same way it started. But it's good to have a backup plan just in case. But I still think we will get to IV eventually. I have hope we will see this journey through in game form.

But nice to have a backup plan just in case I guess.

I think most of us would agree with this. I'd rather an anime or something audio/visual instead of a novel or manga, if a video game isn't an option. I would hope the plan is for the anime AND game series to continue and boost each others popularity going forward, with the anime series trailing behind and adding a few more story elements.

Coming to the topic way late and certainly just repeating what many have said...

Well, I mean, I pop in Shenmue: the Movie once in a while, so something along those lines would be neat. Side stories (maybe the ones we saw in the mangas, or something new) might be neat to flesh the world out further, although I'd miss the direct physical interaction/exploration and it wouldn't mean quite as much to me.

Alternatively, it would be pretty neat to have the stories of the games in concise, animated fashion. I think with 13 episodes they could pull off the important points of all three games (and if the episodes are longer, 30-60 minutes or something, for sure). II might need a little more, so maybe something like episodes 1-3 for Shenmue 1, 4-10 for II, and 10-13 for III.

And hey, anything that helps promote the series and push us toward IV/V.

Guys this is amazing news. Sega on board. Adult Swim showing this. Art looks great! Wow!

Cracking job by @ShenSun @Sonoshee and @James Brown on this. We've been on alert for a while now today. This news could be something else.

Trending on Twitter. Sega involved. Historic moment guys. Drink it in

Great news?
The fact that you went back through old posts to find contradictions in me simply saying "great news" is kinda troubling, friend.

For the third time since the rumour began: this isn't taking away from, or replacing, Shenmue IV. Last time I checked YS Net and SEGA don't make anime, and video games and anime do not share budgets.

Do I want the rest of the story exclusively told as an anime? No. Do I think Shenmue is best experienced as a game? Definitely. That doesn't mean we can't enjoy spin-offs and the like.

With the leaker saying stuff like...
The season tackles the first game and part of the second game. Includes a lot of story ideas they never got to put into the game either due to budget, time, or mature rating reasons. It'll be an adult animated retelling of Shenmue 1 & 2 with lost story beats.
...you bet I'm a bit excited, more than I was yesterday. Most fans will be.

Back